Dean Henderson | On loan at Forest | gives public outburst against United

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Hard to believe as he's barely played, but this was the valuation when he came back from Sheffield

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I think he’s actually a good keeper and should be given a chance..
He got his shot and didn't look good enough in that role. He's a very average GK, who we should be cashing out on when his stock is still somewhat up.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Newcastle will pay a premium for English players because they don’t have many and if they get into Europe they need them.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Hard to believe as he's barely played, but this was the valuation when he came back from Sheffield
His valuation was a lot higher. I believe Mitten said we rejected a £50m bid from Chelsea for him in summer of 2020 as Ole preferred to keep him.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Didn’t know that was a thing.

Team like City & ourselves hardly have that many either.
Home grown rules. It’s the reason City have players like Carson in the squad.

We’ve got loads of English/HG players so not usually an issue for us.

Zlatattack

I think it's a great deal, but I do think maybe next summer we need to buy a replacement for Henderson, ie someone that can push DDG for the number 1 spot.

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
Really?

What has he done to earn a price tag above £20 million?

Oranges038

Would rather DDG left.

Utd could do with a keeper that is good at more than one thing. That may or may not be Henderson, but he should be given a proper shot at it. DDG has proved time and time again it ain't him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why would we get rid of the goalkeeper that probably suits Ten Hag better than De Gea? Let Ten Hag assess Henderson and De Gea before doing anything hasty here.
Because Henderson isn't good enough anyway and if they truly offer 40m then we need to jump at it rather than keep 2 goalkeepers on 500k wages where neither are good enough.

IrishMcD

Ahh sorry I thought I would have to get into another argument with someone who didn’t know fletchers job again
Hahahahaha no mate, I was trying to be witty and failing! We all know fletchers job is coaching, scouting, arranging transfers, designing the weekly canteen menus…..

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It'll be an irony if he wants to stay because he loved the club and we ended up telling him to feck off.
Henderson has made it quite obvious that he wants to be a starter. Ideally with us, but if it's not then he wants to leave. It's why he's probably the one player I have no doubt we could easily sell despite his wages, as I expect he'd happily take a reduced contract at a club where he can start games.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I quite like him and don’t understand the glee that his potential departure has elicited on here. He seems much more of a team player than DDG.

That salary is completely bonkers though. Thanks Ed and Matt :eek:
He isn't an upgrade on DDG but yeah don't get the hate. He's a decent number 2...just maybe not at that salary.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
He isn't an upgrade on DDG but yeah don't get the hate. He's a decent number 2...just maybe not at that salary.
I cant speak for anyone else, but for me, the rumours suggesting he was one of the leakers and stropping off home when he wasnt picked vs Villa in the cup, thats enough for me to want him gone, even if thats not the case, £40 million for a #2 keeper when we have such a massive rebuild on our hands is just good business.

Houdini

He is young, English and it's Newcastle. 60m or no deal!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The choice will be either sell DDG or Dean. We shouldn't be afraid of losing one of them even if it means selling the academy players like Dean for 40m. We need to think smart here that 40m can still give you good goalkeeper in the market. So if the manager thinks DDG doesn't suit to his system and we need to move him on in 2023 or 2024, then we can always use that 40m we got from Dean to buy new keeper.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'd take £10m and getting his wages off the books. Bang average goalkeeper that has never shown any signs of being anything else (yes, even at Sheffield Utd).

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I cant speak for anyone else, but for me, the rumours suggesting he was one of the leakers and stropping off home when he wasnt picked vs Villa in the cup, thats enough for me to want him gone, even if thats not the case, £40 million for a #2 keeper when we have such a massive rebuild on our hands is just good business.
Yeah I know he's been tarred as a leaker, but no idea how true or not that is, so reserve judgement. Agree on the crazy money and if that can fund a solid DM (somehow) it would be good business.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Yeah I know he's been tarred as a leaker, but no idea how true or not that is, so reserve judgement. Agree on the crazy money and if that can fund a solid DM (somehow) it would be good business.
Yep agreed, if it turns out he isn't I'd have no issue with him staying, but if the cash will be spent on a midfielder......... :drool:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Sounds like a great deal for all parties.
Henderson needs to move on, he won't be number 1 at United. 40 million is nothing to Newcastle and is a lot more than United tend to get for players that aren't key players looking to leave while under contract.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
We seem to want to pay players double what they are actually worth.
Our wage policy for years has been "pay players what we hope in our wildest dreams they might be worth one day" rather than what they're actually worth. One point in the long list of shit that Arnold and co need to change.

Frank Grimes

bosnian_red said:
Because Henderson isn't good enough anyway and if they truly offer 40m then we need to jump at
Henderson wasn't that bad ffs.
Because Henderson isn't good enough anyway and if they truly offer 40m then we need to jump at it rather than keep 2 goalkeepers on 500k wages where neither are good enough.
Let ETH decide if he's good enough.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Sell him ASAP. Alright player. Not Man United #1 quality. Good for a #2. Get the wages off the system, grab the money and feck it into a DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.