Dean Henderson | On loan at Forest | gives public outburst against United

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurka

Ramsdale is younger, better and alot more games under his belt at top level. 20m sounds fair on a GK like Henderson
Ramsdale also didn't have a good season under his belt but couple of mediocre ones for example taking over from Deano where he looked rubbish. Ramsdale has around 150 games and Deano around 120 games.
So I don't see how 20m is a fair price.

That said not many teams are looking for a keeper and Deano probably isn't that much better than many there so what the feck do I know. Plus Nick Pope is probably available.

Idxomer

At the end of his last loan, we could've sold him for at least 30m. He was on very low wages and there was a lot of interest in him.

Now he is on very high wages and spent a year on the bench, no wonder the best offer the club can find is this one.

Yakuza_devils

20 mil is a good fees in my book considering he is on 100K/week. This is absolutely insane wages for a GK. He has only 1 good season in PL. He is not even Top 10 GK in PL and most GK are paid much less than 100K/week. He was also warming the bench for 1 year.

We should sell him and using the money and saving from his salary to buy a new GK this/next year to replace DDG.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
the fact we are selling the future is what's really worrying. and, for me, the better all round keeper in the squad
We're not though. We've got plenty of good young keepers in the academy, Dean was just unlucky with covid and De Gea regaining form again. That's life sadly and it's best for him to try and rebuild his reputation elsewhere - the fact that it seems like Forest are the most interested party, tells you what you need to know about where he's at right now.

OmarUnited4ever

£20M straight upfront is a good deal, probably with few millions as add-ons, total of £22- £24M is an excellent deal for a second choice GK who is sitting on a 100K 4yr contract.

Hope this can get done.

OmarUnited4ever

Even if it was a 20 million sale after the loan, NF would want to pay it in instalments of about 5 million a year.

It’s not going to make much difference to United. So just loan him, make them pay his wages in full and have him come back next season.
Nope, they would get 90M from TV revenues alone this upcoming season, so they can defo afford a £20M on a GK who is an England International, young and PL proven.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
They won't sign him when they inevitably go back down. Ridiculous contracts our two keepers are on and neither are that good.

diarm

Posted this in the transfer tweets thread but it's probably better in here:
That is a fecking horrific deal for us if true. As in, there is not a single upside to this for United.
  • They get him for a season risk free. We subsidise his wage to play there.
  • If he's good, they can sign him on the cheap next year.
  • If he's shite, they can send him back with his value shot and a year less on his contract.
Literally every other scenario is better for us:
  • Sell him now.
  • Loan him with an obligation to buy.
  • Loan him with no obligation or option.
  • Keep him.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You just know we will be covering at least half his wages anyway.

flappyjay

20 mil is a good fees in my book considering he is on 100K/week. This is absolutely insane wages for a GK. He has only 1 good season in PL. He is not even Top 10 GK in PL and most GK are paid much less than 100K/week. He was also warming the bench for 1 year.

We should sell him and using the money and saving from his salary to buy a new GK this/next year to replace DDG.
Yeah if he is as good as everyone says he is he will go advertise himself to other teams if Forest ends up relegated. He has lost a lot of stock this past season.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You just know we will be covering at least half his wages anyway.
So Nottingham will get a valid keeper on a free with an option to buy and we're even paying half his salary. If Henderson does well then they will buy him for a paltry sum of 20m. They will either keep him or sell him for a huge profit. If it doesn't work out they send him back with his reputation in tatters just as Sevilla sent Martial. We're really lead by geniuses, the same who kept Ole for too long and who brought as a temporary manager someone who had never ever managed a top club in his life.

Leftback99

Posted this in the transfer tweets thread but it's probably better in here:
Nobody with any money needs an expensive goalkeeper who would be the highest earner for half of the clubs in the league. We're burning £5m a year in wages for nothing.

devilish

Nobody with any money needs an expensive goalkeeper who would be the highest earner for half of the clubs in the league. We're burning £5m a year in wages for nothing.
Then sell him on the cheap ie 20m. This loan to buy will only benefit Nottingham Forest. All for what? To spare 2.5m?

izec

We are idiots, a Judge special. Guy is an absolute amateur.

Keep or sell him, loan with option to buy is just stupid. One of the few good assets we have, and we still can't capitalise on it.

He could be useful for us, seeing as De Gea and ETH are not really a good match. If ETH is serious about implementing his style and not just picking up wages for nothing, it wont work with De Gea at all.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Then sell him on the cheap ie 20m. This loan to buy will only benefit Nottingham Forest. All for what? To spare 2.5m?
To who? That Forest are probably the only option says it all.

Personally I'd rather try send De Gea out on loan for the last year of his contract and give Henderson a go.

Red_toad

What loan fee are United getting? Seeing we’re paying part of his wages and it’s only an option to buy looks very much to me, they’re getting a low cost loan that’ll cost United.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
They won't sign him when they inevitably go back down. Ridiculous contracts our two keepers are on and neither are that good.
This is the saddest truth of them all.

The fact is, for all his ability as a shot stopper, everything Luis Enrique says about De Gea is true. Unless we're going to revert to a reactive style of football, De Gea isn't the future for us. He's not good enough at commanding his area and playing sweeper keeper.

Henderson does come off his line and is good on crosses but he's levels below the likes of Ederson and Allison when it comes to build up.

Neither is good enough for where we wanna go. Yet they're paid as if they are the cream of the crop. United is the only club in world football that burns through money like this. Its very possible that Bartomeu becoming CEO at Man Utd would actually improve the way we are run!

diarm

We're going to be burning half of that £5m to subsidise him playing for Forest instead.

So we save £2.5m, but we will need to get in another backup keeper to cover him and pay that guy a wage. Then if he is class for Forest, they sign him for £20m next season when we could have reached far more if there was no obligation included.

If he is poor for Forest, or they get relegated, he comes back to us with a year less on his contract and his value lowered by much more than any amount we saved on his wages this year.

It's an absolutely brainless deal on all counts.

BarstoolProphet

On the surface that deal looks horrible for us, but maybe something has been going on behind the scenes that makes the club pretty desperate to get rid of Henderson? After all, there has been strong rumours that he is one of the main culprits behind the negative leaks these past two seasons.

devilish

To who? That Forest are probably the only option says it all.

Personally I'd rather try send De Gea out on loan for the last year of his contract and give Henderson a go.
We're the only club in the world were players are gifted almost on a free. Liverpool sold Harry Wilson for 14m euros, Lovren for 12m euros and they look set to make a profit for Minamino and yet we can't even find a buyer for one of the most promising English keepers around. We have to literally gift it to Nottingham Forest and accept an option to buy on a ridiculous fee + we also have to pay half of his salary. We might as well threw Garner and Bruno on a free and the opportunity to throw shit at the trinity statue while at it.

I absolutely hate repeating myself but we really need experienced people at board level. The more time passes the more I believe that this Woodward's man and the former United squad player who keeps getting promoted every 5 minutes aren't up to the job

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
On the surface that deal looks horrible for us, but maybe something has been going on behind the scenes that makes the club pretty desperate to get rid of Henderson? After all, there has been strong rumours that he is one of the main culprits behind the negative leaks these past two seasons.
Aye, I would imagine they've decided carrying both Henderson and De Gea is no longer sustainable. And as much as people might say that ETH will turn away from De Gea at some point, clearly his intention is to start the season with De Gea as #1. So Henderson has to go.

Even ignoring those rumours around Henderson, we certainly know that he wants to be playing regularly and a third season of not doing so would probably prompt even the most professional of players to be an angsty presence. I don't think there's much doubt that if he starts the season here as backup to De Gea, it's against his wishes.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I've heard that he is very disgruntled, but surely Henderson is one player that we could sell for a decent sum, and there would be a few clubs very interested in signing him.
I'm a bit puzzled by a loan deal, which we'll probably be subsidising, and only an option to buy clause..
It's a bit of a 'non-decision' especially if we have a 'sell to buy' policy going on.

Leftback99

We're going to be burning half of that £5m to subsidise him playing for Forest instead.

So we save £2.5m, but we will need to get in another backup keeper to cover him and pay that guy a wage. Then if he is class for Forest, they sign him for £20m next season when we could have reached far more if there was no obligation included.

If he is poor for Forest, or they get relegated, he comes back to us with a year less on his contract and his value lowered by much more than any amount we saved on his wages this year.

It's an absolutely brainless deal on all counts.
But he won't be worth £20m next summer after another season of sitting on our bench either. If we've decided he's not good enough to make it then a move to get him out makes more sense than what we do with others. Forest aren't going to commit right now to a big wage and fee and presumably neither is anyone else.

Leg-End

How are we unable to just sell him now for £20 million, just get rid if doesn’t want to be here.

Jonny Prescott

Yeah I think he has to go, that's a good bit of money for him and he needs to leave if he wants to grow as a player.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Great deal for them, pretty shoddy one for us.

Doesn't add to our transfer kitty and - as glad as I am they're back in the Premier League - I'll be amazed if Forest are in a position to buy Henderson next season/he'd be willing to stay there.

Just seems like we're kicking the can down the road again here.

On a positive, this could mean we're more likely to keep Garner in the first team next season. Is there still a rule prohibiting loaning more than one player from a club at the same time?

Leftback99

We're the only club in the world were players are gifted almost on a free. Liverpool sold Harry Wilson for 14m euros, Lovren for 12m euros and they look set to make a profit for Minamino and yet we can't even find a buyer for one of the most promising English keepers around. We have to literally gift it to Nottingham Forest and accept an option to buy on a ridiculous fee + we also have to pay half of his salary. We might as well threw Garner and Bruno on a free and the opportunity to throw shit at the trinity statue while at it.

I absolutely hate repeating myself but we really need experienced people at board level. The more time passes the more I believe that this Woodward's man and the former United squad player who keeps getting promoted every 5 minutes aren't up to the job
Wages.

Put yourself in the position of any other PL club, would you sign Henderson for £20m and give him £100k+ a week (to match what we've committed to until 2025)? If so which club.

If he's so promising we should be playing him ourselves and building for the future.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Also we won't even be able to loan Garber back to a club where he'd be a guaranteed starter and playing in the pl. Joke of a deal

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If we're paying half wages, that means we're paying Henderson 2.5million next season to play for Forest. £20m fee therefore is actually £17.5m.

*He's on £100k a week right?

devilish

Wages.

Put yourself in the position of any other PL club, would you sign Henderson for £20m and give him £100k+ a week (to match what we've committed to until 2025)? If so which club.

If he's so promising we should be playing him ourselves and building for the future.
Then sell him for 20-30m and we subsidize part of his salary. Alternatively we loan him with no option to buy. This deal is terrible and puts all risks on us. We're paying half his salary which allows Forest to sign a very valid keeper for a salary of 50k a week. If Henderson does well then they will buy him for ridiculous money which would allow them to sell him to somewhere else for a huge profit. Meanwhile if he fails then they'll send him back with his reputation in tatters just as Sevilla did with Martial.

RedRover

At the end of his last loan, we could've sold him for at least 30m. He was on very low wages and there was a lot of interest in him.

Now he is on very high wages and spent a year on the bench, no wonder the best offer the club can find is this one.
Spot on. Forrest win whatever here. If he has a great season they buy him for £20 million and shift him on. if not, they send him back and United are lumbered with him on massive wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.