Dean Henderson loan watch I Sheffield United 2018-19

Kostov

We've got a gem here. Will soften the blow off Dave leaving. Quite happy to let Romero take over the reigns for next season and then give it to Henderson season after, who will hopefully have gained a years experience in the PL by then (with Sheffield United).
If DDG leaves Henderson should come in and share the role with Romero. No loan, Romero is not good enough to be a regular starter.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Seems like he loves it there. Probably a wise move for him - buy back clause?

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Those who have watched him regularly, is he good enough to replace DDG? I don't mean being at DDG levels yet but having potential to reach there and simultaneously being good enough to be our no. 1.
If the answer is yes, not bad idea to cash-in on DDG. De Gea will ask for an enormous contract and as we have seen, big contracts set precedence with rest of the squad during renewals.

Saw him play for England u21 vs Germany u21 recently and he was hitting long passes to teammates consistently. Definitely better than DDG in that regard.
Good to hear, will be interesting to see what we do with him at the end of the season. We should be looking to sell Grant and keep Hendo in the squad.

izec

Not sure if we keep De Gea for another season or sell him, but in case he stays for another year, i would loan him out to a PL team with a perspective as a starting GK (maybe Sheffield if they make it). Then if he continues with these performances, take him here after De Gea and give him a chance to establish himself. I dont see the point in bringing in someone that is only good. For me it is either give him a chance or go for Oblak. I would also like to see a new GK coach at the club.

deadrevelz

Hope he comes good. Could save 100m on Oblak... I don't trust Romero and unless this De Gea contract is sorted soon, we are going to have to watch him being crap all next season.

Gator Nate

Not sure if we keep De Gea for another season or sell him, but in case he stays for another year, i would loan him out to a PL team with a perspective as a starting GK (maybe Sheffield if they make it). Then if he continues with these performances, take him here after De Gea and give him a chance to establish himself. I dont see the point in bringing in someone that is only good. For me it is either give him a chance or go for Oblak. I would also like to see a new GK coach at the club.
Was thinking about that today... DDG's decision making seems to be really bad once he has control of the ball, and that's very coachable. So either the coach isn't doing his job, or can't, or DDG can't learn. Something has to give.

Kostov

If De Gea continues here after this summer, send the kid to a PL club on loan maybe even a 2 year loan like Chelsea did with Athletico. The kid is very talented obviously and we have to plan his development properly.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
What’s the issue with DH and 14 year old girls? Just stumbled across it on twitter and sure it’s something and nothing but curious
Rival fan photoshopped some snapchat shit of a pic of him topless in bed saying he sent it to a 14 year old. He'll now be called a nonce and pedo for the rest of his career.

prateik

How many clean sheets does he have? The guy just doesnt let goals in.

They are almost certainly promoted now.. Finishing ahead of Leeds is a lovely bonus

How many clean sheets does he have? The guy just doesnt let goals in.

They are almost certainly promoted now.. Finishing ahead of Leeds is a lovely bonus

I wouldn't mind giving him a chance if De Gea goes.

Classical Mechanic

prateik

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jumplist/weisseweste/wettbewerb/GB2

He's tied exactly with Darren Randolph of Middlesbrough with 42 apps, 39 (lowest in the league) goals conceded and 18 clean sheets.
Butland 3rd playing for Stoke.. and they are a pretty defensive side.

From what I remember from 2 seasons ago, Middlesbrough were a very defensive side.

Looking at the table, Sheffield United have scored 74 goals compared to 45 from Boro and 43 from Stoke. Probably makes it a little more impressive.

Hope he gets another good loan spell in the premier league next season with Sheffield United.

Classical Mechanic

From what I remember from 2 seasons ago, Middlesbrough were a very defensive side.

Looking at the table, Sheffield United have scored 74 goals compared to 45 from Boro and 43 from Stoke. Probably makes it a little more impressive.

Hope he gets another good loan spell in the premier league next season with Sheffield United.
Yeah, Middlesbrough are managed by Pulis too.

gulli_G

If he can prove himself in premier League, he should be given his chance.

Bojan11

Yeah, I want to see him in the prem so hopefully Sheffield United get promoted as with this loan we know he’d definitely play every week.

Based Adnan

Sheff Utd 3 points clear of Leeds who are 3rd. 3 points behind leaders Norwich who are top but have better goal difference. Chances of them getting promoted are pretty high and also an outside shot of winning the league. Reckon he'll go back on loan if they get promoted.

Mcking

Anyone know his style of goalkeeping? Is he the type that stays stuck to his goal, or is he the commanding proactive type?

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Great prospect though, definitely wouldn't be open to selling him. He could make it here.

Edit: He's a lovely guy, my bad x

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Whatever happens next season, I’d like to see him return and play for us in pre-season if possible. He can then go back to Sheffield United if needed.

dbs235

He comes across as a bit of a knob on social media, reminds me of a similar character to the other 2 golden boys Joe Hart and Pickford...:annoyed: Sufferers of Twatitis.

Great prospect though, definitely wouldn't be open to selling him. He could make it here.
I went on his twitter to check this out and almost all of the first tweets I encountered were him being a nice guy - against racism, pictures with kids, retweeting someone needing a blood transplant, etc...

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I went on his twitter to check this out and almost all of the first tweets I encountered were him being a nice guy - against racism, pictures with kids, retweeting someone needing a blood transplant, etc...
Just checked again myself because I remember coming across him on Twitter a few months ago and I think what soured me on him was that false 14 year old shit which I though was true at the time. My bad, his timeline aint particularly twattish in hindsight, bit of an emoji merchant and retweeting stuff about him being De Gea's heir but sure they're all going on like that nowadays.

I take it back:lol:

jb8521

This is a question I was wanting to know too. @jb8521 might have the answer?
Yeah he comes off his line quite a bit. I haven't seen much of him lately but in his academy days he wasn't great on crosses due to being fairly small & slight but he was always quick off his line & always sweeping & was one of the better kicking keepers we've had in a long time

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah he comes off his line quite a bit. I haven't seen much of him lately but in his academy days he wasn't great on crosses due to being fairly small & slight but he was always quick off his line & always sweeping & was one of the better kicking keepers we've had in a long time
I remember at the beginning of this year I went to Leeds forum to check and they said similar thing. They think his reflexes and saves are on par with EPL goalkeeper but he has weakness of dealing the crosses and corners. Confident with the ball which allows them to play from the back.

Not enough information how good he is with the ball just confident.

I think he needs another one or two seasons on loan before we can consider to use him in our XI choice so hopefully de gea is willing to stay for another 2 seasons at least.