Dean Henderson loan watch I Sheffield United 2018-19

starman

Think hes speaking from emotion wanting a permanent move, if he goes there on loan again and does well theres a opportunity for him here.
If he moves permanently to Sheffield United, he could go straight back down with them and be playing Championship football the following season stuck in a long contract

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Think hes speaking from emotion wanting a permanent move, if he goes there on loan again and does well theres a opportunity for him here.
If he moves permanently to Sheffield United, he could go straight back down with them and be playing Championship football the following season stuck in a long contract
That would never happen though. If he does well enough next season at Sheffield United to become our number 1 keeper then them being relegated means nothing. He'll just force a move again.

starman

That would never happen though. If he does well enough next season at Sheffield United to become our number 1 keeper then them being relegated means nothing. He'll just force a move again.
Theres a massive difference between being in a contract as a non squad player for a big team and first team player for a small team.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Theres a massive difference between being in a contract as a non squad player for a big team and first team player for a small team.
There really isn't. First of all, who said anything about long contract? You've made that up. Secondly, he's been demanding loans and permanent moves for near on 4 years now, the guy clearly knows what he is doing. He could quite easily get a relegation clause put in his contract. Quite clearly also has a fantastic relationship with Sheffield United too who aren't going to hold him back. If he's putting in top 4 performances and in the England squad then whether Sheffield United get relegated or not is irrelevant. He won't be back in the Championship.

starman

There really isn't. First of all, who said anything about long contract? You've made that up. Secondly, he's been demanding loans and permanent moves for near on 4 years now, the guy clearly knows what he is doing. He could quite easily get a relegation clause put in his contract. Quite clearly also has a fantastic relationship with Sheffield United too who aren't going to hold him back. If he's putting in top 4 performances and in the England squad then whether Sheffield United get relegated or not is irrelevant. He won't be back in the Championship.
:lol:

"Made it up", the whole thing is hypothetical

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
How is he at playing out from the back?
He's more than capable of it but he can be quite shaky. I look back at Leeds at home where he overdid it and we ended up conceding. Early days though and he'll definitely improve
Congratulations on being promoted. Your form in the last 3 months has been incredible.
It's been a rollercoaster. Thought we were dead and buried multiple times but after this weekend it's set in what we have actually achieved. Party mood all week now :drool:

galwayfa

It's a no brainer, loan next season so can't play against us, if he does well cash in or bring him back as number 1,

SAFMUTD

We should sell him with a buyback clause for 4 years, that way Sheffield will continue using him as a starter and he'll keep improving and if he's good enough we can claim him back.

deafepl

Sheffield would have to agree to sell him back us would they not.

Don’t like that idea at all.
I think Sheffield can do nothing to stop this but it's up to Dean Henderson to consider whether he want to go back to us if we activated buyback.

SAFMUTD

Sheffield would have to agree to sell him back us would they not.

Don’t like that idea at all.
Thats what the clause is for, its not a matter of wether they agree or don't the clause forces them to upon a previously agreed cost. Just like Madrid did with Carvajal and Casemiro if Im not mistaken.

ti vu

Whatever happens next season, I’d like to see him return and play for us in pre-season if possible. He can then go back to Sheffield United if needed.
I disagree. Unless we decide to really integrate him into the team to fight to become our first choice GK, he should better have pre season with Sheffield. Sheffield would need to prepare for an entire different playing field. They would have their own new players thus pre season is important. The stake is much higher than Championship clubs taking players on loan late

lysglimt

Scout
It is probably here someplace - but what is his contract situation ?

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
We should try and get him on a long-term contract as well as loaning him out. Hving a potentially world class English goalkeeper on our books should not be taken for granted. We've handled contracts abysmally lately...

deafepl

I can see Dean Henderson probably dropping masterclass goalkeeping against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs but couldn't play against us while on loan from us, they will be forced to use shit GK, free 6 point :D

Gator Nate

I can see Dean Henderson probably dropping masterclass goalkeeping against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs but couldn't play against us while on loan from us, they will be forced to use shit GK, free 6 point :D
That... would be priceless!

#CR7

Seems a decent shot stopper from the very little I have seen of him.

Can someone give more insight into his overall game?

Distribution, commanding of the box, one on ones etc

deafepl

No on seem to have a clue about this. I hope Redcafe scouts can watch Sheffield United for a couple of games or more to give insight into his games.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

From what i've read about him on sheffield utd forums he reminds me of a young de gea. They think he's a superb keeper and very good at shot stopping, but he has a lot to learn about commanding the box and dealing with aerial threats. They rate his distribution. No idea about one on ones, not heard much about that.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Sounds like we’ll be keeping Deano for another year :drool: we’ll take care of him don’t worry :D

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Needs to be catching loads of those shots. That won't fly at United, he'll get torn to shreds whenever one of those rebounds are tapped in.

izec

Needs to be catching loads of those shots. That won't fly at United, he'll get torn to shreds whenever one of those rebounds are tapped in.
Some of them got punished as well. Thats the difference between a good and a great keeper. A few years in the PL working on that and improving distribution and building up experience, he could become a great keeper. His reflex saves and 1vs 1 are pretty good already. Doesnt seem to lack confidence either. Handling is his biggest weakness

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

good highlights. if he works on his handling, he will be a beast. Much braver than De Gea.
Having a keeper like him in reserve is reassuring if De Gea does go.

1 years learning in the prem with Sheffield and then give him a chance, he looks ready.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Is he really better than the likes of Luke Steele, Tom Heaton and Sam Johnstone? Oh and what about Joel Pereira?

deafepl

I think he can improve his distribution, it's not big as there's not much improvement from his distrbiution but need more faith in his distribution, I love how he comes off the line to claim cross or push balls, aggressive in the box.

His throwing is very similar to Schmeichel throw, Schmeichel's throw is one of the reasons we scored many goals from his throw on the frightening counter.

I agree that he needs to improve his handing. The positive thing is we don't have to concede many goals from the corner if Dean can catch/punch balls.