Dean Henderson loan watch I Sheffield United 2018-19

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
He was a later developer at Stoke and came in with little fan fare. Granted he looked good in his season on loan at Watford but judging on Henderson's season, I would say they are at a similar level. Henderson also has a few years on him at these respective points in their careers.
I haven’t seen him at all so can’t compare them really, I’m just very wary of depending on a kid in that position.

Classical Mechanic

I haven’t seen him at all so can’t compare them really, I’m just very wary of depending on a kid in that position.
Henderson really fancies himself. He probably arrogant truth be told. Opposition fans will hate him if he becomes our number one. It would be a gamble to play him this season for sure but if anyone has the big club mentality it has to be him.

izec

The way i see it De Gea will stay another season here and go for free next summer. Henderson will have a year PL football under his belt and hopefully come back and given a chance here to take the number 1 spot. Romero will be around as well.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
What car does he drive? The range on that tank of 1300 miles?

The estimates would have been over a driving period right? Not when its in parking unless he's been parked for ages.
Looks like an Audi, and it's not fuel, it's AdBlue, and additive that you have to put in diesels these days, he has 1300 miles before his car wont start, someone might wanna tell him...:lol:

Robbie Boy

He’s a serious talent. He’s had two loan spells; in his first at Shrewsbury, he made the League One team of the season, at Sheffield United he was voted their young player of the season along with winning the Championship Golden Glove.

Mcking

He’s a serious talent. He’s had two loan spells; in his first at Shrewsbury, he made the League One team of the season, at Sheffield United he was voted their young player of the season along with winning the Championship Golden Glove.
In four years, he's gone from the National League North to League two, League one and then the Championship. He fully deserves a regular Premier League spot next season, with us or with Sheffield United. If we are not going to make him no.1 next season, then we should try to leave him with Sheffield United.

Art

Art the artist
Give him the gloves. Can see the likes of Juve circling around him next year when we offer De Gea another gigantic contract.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
This lad wants the chance, I say give it to him with de gea arsing over this contract no longer should we be held to ransom.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's got the right attitude no doubt. He should at least be our 2nd choice. If de Gea is off I'd much rather we give him the chance than sign another promising young GK (like we have been linked with).

meamth

The best academy GK prospect since Foster?

I've said this many times, he looks like a proper top GK wonderkid.

if Italy has Donnarumma, England has Dean fecking Henderson.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The best academy GK prospect since Foster?

I've said this many times, he looks like a proper top GK wonderkid.

if Italy has Donnarumma, England has Dean fecking Henderson.
Foster was not from our academy.

Maybe Henderson is the best prospect. GKs like Heaton also had decent career.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Am I wrong in thinking Heaton was never this impressive on loans or even in the youth teams?
From what I remember, he wasn't. He started really putting it together when he got to Cardiff and had a sharp upturn from there until this past season where be has I proved a lot.

Classical Mechanic

Thought Henderson was pretty good last night. Wrong footed a bit on the first French goal but his line of vision might have been blocked. The rest of his game was pretty solid all told, better with his feet than DDG too.

Last edited:

Kostov

From what I remember, he wasn't. He started really putting it together when he got to Cardiff and had a sharp upturn from there until this past season where be has I proved a lot.
I remember something like that also, but I think he Heaton had some serious injury a year or two ago? He's a very solid keeper but Henderson can be much better I think.

AJ10

Decent with his feet, good saves, saved a pen (:nervous:) and has presence in goal.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I know it sounds radical but I would get the best GK coach around - Wouldn’t mind Frans Hoek or someone like him - and make the lad No 1 with Dave his backup if he’s leaving in a free. He’s young so more susceptible to coaching. Most importantly he’s brave and has the right attitude. Look if we’re rebuilding I’d rather we blood a player like him. Just use the season to put things into place imho.

scoi

Not sure how things work with loan deals but it would be great to keep him in the squad through preseason and having him coached by United and compared side by side with Romero and DDG. He looks to have the potential to take the 1 shirt in a few years.

I see it as a pointless exercise to bring him back this season, he would barely get a few minutes on the pitch and for a GK experience is essential and in a lower table club PL club he will be involved in a lot of action.

Oldyella

I know it sounds radical but I would get the best GK coach around - Wouldn’t mind Frans Hoek or someone like him - and make the lad No 1 with Dave his backup if he’s leaving in a free. He’s young so more susceptible to coaching. Most importantly he’s brave and has the right attitude. Look if we’re rebuilding I’d rather we blood a player like him. Just use the season to put things into place imho.
Risky to leave Dave on the bench and play him, would just be added pressure and press would be all over him after at mistakes. Better to pull the band aid off and let Dave go and give Dean the chance to be first choice proper.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
At this rate if Dave won’t commit then I say sell him for the max we can get and give this guy a chance.

We could use the money elsewhere, and if he needs to bed In we’ve got Romero to bide us over for now.

AdamAdams

If DDG doesn't extend contract sell now and use Romero & Henderson.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The save from the right winger who cut inside, the penalty save, the 1 on 1 from dembele...

Big saves! The guy is a real talent

Evans999

Ultimatum time for Dave. If you won't commit you wont play.

Dean is raring to go and an unbelievably talent with a fantastic attitude.

I can't wait to him play.