Dean Henderson loan watch I Sheffield United 2018-19

Jacob

Time to let De Gea go. Problem is, who would take him? Nobody will meet our asking price (despite 1 year remaining).

Danish Wizard

I've said it for a while. Time to give Deano the chance. He is such a great talent, has a fantastic attitude, and done superb for several years on loan. Would be a huge mistake to throw a talent like that away. Give him the chance. This summer.!

Jibbs

We should not be offering De Gea anything more than 200k a week. PSG have cooled down their interest, except for may be Bayern, there isn't any big club left where he can go. I won't mind De Gea running down his contract if there aren't any takers for him this year. Give the No.1 spot to Henderson next year and let De Gea go.

IrishRedDevil

This would be the perfect scenario. Gives him a year to adjust to the PL.

Last edited:

robinvpersie

Was it just me or did anyone else notice how good he was with the ball at his feet? He seemed to find (Chowdrey) the DM everytime with his feet, I put his name in brackets because I'm Irish and I watched the game with half an eye on it. Also I noticed that there was no crowd noise and I could hear him all game giving instructions..lets be honest, a big club like united shouldn't need a superstar in goal.
I find myself wondering if we replaced Dave with Dean would we actually suffer??

Ive been thinking recently that we could save 200k a week in the wage budget and would we notice a difference?

The second he said he wants to stay with Sheffield United so he can play in the prem, instead of being 3rd choice at United made me think we have a young ambitious keeper on our hands, he would rather play for a bottom 3 club than us.

Makes me think: if we improve the defence, could we save €1500000 a week on a player, who let's be honest, if we get the people I front of him right, we won't notice a difference?

Dante

Average bang
This would be the perfect scenario. Gives him a year to adjust to the PL.

I'd take that.

Give DDG a new contract, with a slight wage bump and a release clause for 2020. That'll give United the chance to assess their options and line up Henderson if he can prove himself.

RedDevilRoshi

What’s his distribution like?

It’s the one area that really annoys me about DDG. Fantastic shot-stopper but distribution in comparison to someone like Ederson or Allison is well below par.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'd take that.

Give DDG a new contract, with a slight wage bump and a release clause for 2020. That'll give United the chance to assess their options and line up Henderson if he can prove himself.
Think that would be fair. If he doesn't do well enough at Sheffield, we go back in for Onana and the like next season - Dave will still leave regardless.

Havak

Pokemon master
Would like to see him be successful, whether it's here or somewhere else. It's a big season this one coming up. Ideally, de Gea signs and gets back on form, whilst Henderson gets at least a years experience in the Premier League with Sheffield United. At that point, everyone has a decision to make the season after. We'd surely release Grant and it'd probably be a case of either sign Romero on for longer or sell him and promote Henderson to no.2. Or, if de Gea finally packs it in for us and moves, Henderson could just be thrust straight in as our new no.1 and we keep Romero as no.2 for a bit longer. J.Pereira as no.3 until Romero finally leaves.

The best thing about this emergence is it gives us more options depending on de Gea's situation and now he knows he has more competition in the near future.

Unless de Gea really does leave this Summer, then I think the best thing to happen is Henderson plays for Sheffield United this coming season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He won't need the bedding in year like De Gea either. Coming from the championship he would be tested aerially plenty.

Remember the geese

We'd surely release Grant and it'd probably be a case of either sign Romero on for longer or sell him and promote Henderson to no.2. Or, if de Gea finally packs it in for us and moves, Henderson could just be thrust straight in as our new no.1
I don't think the first hypothetical is possible really. I can't see Henderson coming back here as a second choice for De Gea. He is far too ambitious. He either returns as first choice/competes with Romero for first choice (which is your second hypothetical) or he leaves permanently, in my opinion.

Havak

Pokemon master
I don't think the first hypothetical is possible really. I can't see Henderson coming back here as a second choice for De Gea. He is far too ambitious. He either returns as first choice/competes with Romero for first choice (which is your second hypothetical) or he leaves permanently, in my opinion.
I agree it would be difficult for Henderson to take a no.2 slot if he's played two full seasons for Sheffield United, but I really think that we won't let him go permanently if we rate him as highly as everyone else seems to so far. Everything rests on de Gea as if he signs a long-term contract then he is starting. The thing is, Henderson has time on his side. Goalkeepers generally manage to get longer careers than outfield players, but I understand him wanting to be a first choice right now.

Again, it rests on de Gea but I think this coming season is best for him to be at Sheffield United and gain even more experience.

Remember the geese

I agree it would be difficult for Henderson to take a no.2 slot if he's played two full seasons for Sheffield United, but I really think that we won't let him go permanently if we rate him as highly as everyone else seems to so far. Everything rests on de Gea as if he signs a long-term contract then he is starting. The thing is, Henderson has time on his side. Goalkeepers generally manage to get longer careers than outfield players, but I understand him wanting to be a first choice right now.

Again, it rests on de Gea but I think this coming season is best for him to be at Sheffield United and gain even more experience.
Yeah, I'd hate to see Henderson leave permanently. I guess it's just a case of hoping the timing falls right for him (and us) in regards to there being a genuine opportunity for him to fight for the number one shirt. Henderson won't want to be out on loan forever, but De Gea won't be here forever either. I just hope we don't see a situation where we somehow lose both.

Also, fully agree that the best thing for Henderson this season is another loan at Sheffield United.

edcunited1878

He doesn't need an extra year. He is ready now.
He hasn't even played in the Premier League before or any top domestic league! And he's not better than DDG. Let Deano play week in, week out and get the full experience of the league as a #1. He'll be tested every week and be allowed to learn without too much scrutiny.

Within the next 3 seasons, DDG will be gone and Deano will the be the top internal candidate for the gloves at United. We don't need a world class GK to win the league or at least compete for it. As long as he's solid and isn't a liability, he'll be a good #1 for United.

SteveW

Awful mistake tonight.

I love his attitude but can't say I've seen enough of him to assess him properly. Was tonight out of character for him?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
There really is some fantastic saves in that compilation, he's inherited De Gea's ability to save with his feet, it seems.