Dean Henderson loan watch I Sheffield United 2018-19

JMack1234

I just thought it was worth noting that Dean Henderson is currently doing well at Sheffield United who doing very will in the Championship.

He's 21 years old and could one day be a decent 'keeper for us.

Last edited:

deafepl

Shrewsbury FC is missing Dean Henderson, they were great with him, finished in 3rd last season but now they're in 13th without Henderson. Henderson joined Sheff United that finished 10th last season, now they are 3 points off the leader. He's like a De Gea goalkeeper for them and saving them in games.

I hope he'll get a loan to EPL team the like of Burnley that often get tested by an attacker and call into action, i believe he has a superior shot stop and has the better reflex to match the likes of De Gea. He's a really good goalkeeper and doing so well on loan.

AKDevil

His save in this video, fast forward to 1min 55sec, is one if the best I’ll see this season. To get that high and tip the ball over with that hand is pretty impressive.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's a quality keeper. Had a brilliant season last year for Shrewsbury. Looks to have continued the step up for Sheffield United and now England.

Sessegnon put in some quality balls for Solanke. In fact the quality of that highlight reel from both sides is pretty high. Impressive.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's got a negative goal difference too?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Think it'll be good to have a keeper in the squad that will compete with De Gea and push him even further.

Minimalist

Wasn't sure if that was our loanee but I see unfortunately yes given the thread bump.

What a howler.

Glaswegian

Sounds like a right blunder from Henderson, from what they are saying on TalkSport. However, they also said he has played a blinder today. Every good keeper has a moment of madness in him, maybe that is a sign.

J_XO

Horrendous mistake. Such a shame that his great games aren’t talked about on here, plenty will make their mind up on him based on this unfortunately

izec

Yeah bad mistake, but he will learn from it. Every keeper makes these kind of mistakes sometimes, but not all get punished for it.

Mick321

Meh, it happens, the obsession with mistakes nowadays is weird, Neuer, Alisson, DDG, Ter Stegen have all fecked up and cost their team a goal or more this season. More bothered about what his all round game is like, mistakes happen to everyone on the planet, though don't want them to be frequent obviously but a few a season is absolutely normal and not a problem.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The fans reaction to him at the end was telling. Applauded him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bad mistake but he wasn't half sold short with the initial pass.

CM10

Well at least we're covered if de Gea leaves...

steakpie

I've watched them alot this season, he has been excellent. Really hope they get promoted, have a great team with Norwood at the hub, Fleck, McGoldrick up front and obviously Henderson in goal

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
THE INSIDE TRACK WITH UNITED'S LOAN ARRANGER

Manchester United's Les Parry is the man charged with looking after the club's loan players and MUTV were granted exclusive access to get the inside track from our Academy player performance manager.

We travelled with Les to Yorkshire to meet Dean Henderson and catch up with somebody who has made a wonderful impact at Sheffield United as the Blades continue to chase promotion from the Championship.

The England Under-21 international has been a success again after previous spells with Stockport County, Grimsby Town and Shrewsbury Town - and is proof that the system is working.

Parry also had lengthy discussions with Blades boss Chris Wilder and goalkeeping coach Darren Ward for their updates on Henderson and his progress at Bramall Lane.

“We've been delighted with him,” said Wilder. “You always look to the supporters, as we have very passionate support, and, straight away, he has become one of the crowd's favourites. The way he interacts with the supporters has been brilliant and he's always the last off the pitch after the end of the game. Win, lose or draw. He's got that character that enjoys the pressure of playing in front of a big crowd.”

Former Wales international Ward added: “The beauty of it is he's probably earned the respect of the dressing room out on the training pitch and out on the stadium pitch. He's made telling contributions that have influenced games. I've never had so many likes on social media because I'm related to Deano in some way or form!”

As for Henderson, the 21-year-old remains ambitious, as he was when signing a new long-term contract with the Reds in the summer.

“A lot of people wouldn't have had the bottle to go out to the lower leagues as you could sit in your comfort zone,” he said. “Especially with someone like David De Gea in front of you, you've got to find a path and something different as you're never going to get thrown straight in as an Academy keeper.

”You've got to make a unique path and I've done that. I've worked with yourself [Les] to go to Stockport, Grimsby, Shrewsbury and now Sheffield United, and this has shown progression throughout the years.

“If I can go to the next step, that's obviously Manchester United and the Premier League.”

Parry, who has an extensive range of contacts throughout the divisions, works hard to ensure the right moves for the United players and to provide the best care and attention to their development during their time away from the club.

Ethan Hamilton became the latest youngster to depart on a temporary basis, scoring a long-range goal on his debut for Rochdale last weekend against Peterborough United, while Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (Scunthorpe United), Tim Fosu-Mensah (Fulham), Demi Mitchell (Hearts), Kieran O'Hara (Macclesfield Town), Axel Tuanzebe (Aston Villa), James Wilson (Aberdeen), are others out on loan.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/les-parry-the-inside-track-with-man-utd-loan-arranger

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Personally I think our strategy for keepers is very haphazard.

Clearly, unless you are exceptional like De Gea, keepers mature much later than outfield players so it makes sense to send them on loan to get experience.

But you then get to a point when you need to see if they can make it at United. Whilst they may not play every week, they could be a lot better than some of the average keepers we have had over the last 20 years as #2 and #3. But we seem never to trust them with the reserve keeper jersey.

The likes of Mike Pollitt, Tom Heaton, and now Dean Henderson could all have done jobs for us instead of Kuszczak, Foster, Ricardo, Valdes, Taibi, Carroll and others.

And whilst some will want regular first team football week in week out... I'm sure picking up League, League Cup and European Cup winners medals would be incredibly attractive.

Good to see Dean doing well. He is a nice kid from a good family and I hope he comes back and challenges for a place at Old Trafford.

pascell

Keep meaning to ask in here, how are Mitchell and Wilson doing up in Scotland? Seems Hearts were very impressed with Mitchell last season, is he still contributing with solid performances?

Nick7

Keep meaning to ask in here, how are Mitchell and Wilson doing up in Scotland? Seems Hearts were very impressed with Mitchell last season, is he still contributing with solid performances?
Mitchell is playing fairly often. Played most of his games as left back, but has more starts at left mid.

Wilson has 3 goals in 12 games but only has around ~550 minutes played this season.

arthurka

Have a feeling this guy will be top notch. What I have seen from him he looks very very promising.

steakpie

There are times that very good youth players will not get a chance because the competition is too tough infront of them.

For example Pique couldn't get a chance because of Ferdinand and Vidic.

izec

Have a feeling this guy will be top notch. What I have seen from him he looks very very promising.
I agree. He will end up being a top PL keeper and England GK, you can just feel it. He seems to be also impressive mentality wise, which is extremely important for GKs.