Dean Henderson might start next 6 games; De Gea out for personal reasons

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Dean Henderson is set for a run of games for Manchester United in the absence of David de Gea.

The MEN understands Henderson, 23, was told before the goalless draw with Crystal Palace to prepare for the possibility of starting in United's next six games.

United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer refused to elaborate on De Gea's absence following United's third consecutive goalless draw, but it is understood De Gea could miss the rest of United's matches this month.

De Gea, 30, missed the Palace game due to personal reasons and Henderson could line up in Sunday's Manchester derby at City, the Europa League round-of-16 first leg visit of AC Milan next Thursday, as well as the Premier League visit of West Ham on Match 14.

United's last two games this month are in the return leg against Milan on March 18 and the FA Cup quarter-final at Leicester four days later. Henderson has played in all five games in the FA Cup and Europa League so far this season.

Born2Lose

The way I feel about Ole's overt favouritism now I wouldn't be surprised if Henderson could have six world class performances and still be dropped when DDG returns.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Whatever it is' I hope DDG is fine.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Assumed De Gea was just out because his gf is giving birth but that would hardly see him miss 6 games, would it? Hopefully everything is alright.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Dave has always seemed such a solid guy off the pitch, really hope everything is okay. Doesn't sound good though.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Probably for the best. We're all wondering how he'd handle the pressure of having an extended run in the team. With the pressure mounting for top 4 it won't be an easy time for him but it's a great opportunity for him to stake his claim to be number 1 and it solves Oles problem of dropping DeGea. Win win.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hope everything's okay with de Gea and his family, when a player gets left out for "personal reasons" it always gives me a sinking feeling.

OleBoiii

Assumed De Gea was just out because his gf is giving birth but that would hardly see him miss 6 games, would it? Hopefully everything is alright.
Come to think of it, how long is it normal to be away from football when you have a kid? We have 2 games per week right? 3 weeks seems a bit too long for everything to be alright :(

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Best of luck to both of them for different reasons.

roonster09

Scout
Whatever it is' I hope DDG is fine.
Yeah, hopefully everything is alright. If Samuel Luckhurst is spot on then it's worrying, one month break in between season is usually for some really serious situation.

Devil may care

Hope whatever is going on with De Gea isn't too serious, I thin Henderson looks ready to step into the breach.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Yeah, hopefully everything is alright. If Samuel Luckhurst is spot on then it's worrying, one month break in between season is usually for some really serious situation.
His Mrs got pregnant recently. I'm praying it isn't what I think it is.

siw2007

Don’t know what the personal issues are for De Gea but best wishes to him and hope he is okay.

For Dean, this is the opportunity he has been waiting for. A strong month for him can help him claim the usurp De Gea and become the first choice goalkeeper for the club.

Robindinho

Aren’t David and his Mrs expecting a baby?

A month off seems excessive for paternity leave... hope nothings happened to her/the baby.

Hopefully it’s just quarantine reasons rather than that.

RashyForPM

Good for us on the pitch because Dean’s the better keeper, but I really hope it’s nothing serious. Best wishes Dave, hope it’s nothing.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I thought Henderson added some value yesterday, coming for crosses and sweeping up long balls....getting off his line. A good save at the end too.

Grande

Aren’t David and his Mrs expecting a baby?

A month off seems excessive for paternity leave... hope nothings happened to her/the baby.

Hopefully it’s just quarantine reasons rather than that.
I think you’re probs right, as he and his missus was expecting before Christmas. So it’s the combination of being there for the birth of his child, and the respective quaranteens England-Spain, Spain-England and England-United/PLbubble. Hopefully it’s smooth sailing.

Great for Dean, who gets a shot at showing what can be expected from him in this team, and he made a good start yesterday. Just hope it wasn’t him that spiked the sports drinks of Rashford, Wan-Bissaka and the others ...

roonster09

Scout
They announced it nov 5, they wouldn't have done it instantly so she's probably around 8 months in now.

Factor in uncertainties and planning regarding covid
I meant hopefully nothing bad news.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
His Mrs got pregnant recently. I'm praying it isn't what I think it is.
She was posing for photos after her last checkup a few days ago and she said that everything was perfect so I wouldn't worry too much.