Dean Henderson | Nottingham Forest loan watch

Red_toad

I still do. That's how bad DDG is.

Doesn't change the fact that Henderson is a belend and not exactly the GK that will take us to the next level like VDS did. Says a lot about DDG really more than anything.
It’s easy to be full of bravado when critiquing compared to Dave, you’re very much on solid ground until the Brighton game and a high ball goes into the box……
I fully believe Dave will struggle with the requirements he’ll be under this season, hopefully he can adjust but I’m very uncertain he can.

Acole9

Outstanding
His over confidence masks how average he really is. He's had one decent season in the Premier League and even then his manager Wilder said he needs to be better. He knew his weaknesses when we played them the following season and they piled players around him everytime they had a corner.

OleGunnar20

Watched the highlights, he looks pretty shake throughout to me. Hope he does better throughout the season so we can sell for a decent enough price.

Certainly don't want him back next year.

Longshanks

Not great for the first goal, sweet FA he could do about the second goal, Wilson just throws a foot at it and it takes a very strange trajectory either pure luck or genius.

Looks like he had a couple of nervy moments aswell to be expected first game at a new club. Let's see how he settles in, looks like every little thing is going to be analysed and over analysed all season here.

GazTheLegend

Not great for the first goal, sweet FA he could do about the second goal, Wilson just throws a foot at it and it takes a very strange trajectory either pure luck or genius.

Looks like he had a couple of nervy moments aswell to be expected first game at a new club. Let's see how he settles in, looks like every little thing is going to be analysed and over analysed all season here.
Newcastle had 10 shots on target and Henderson was forests highest ranked player so he's hardly to blame today....

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Newcastle had 10 shots on target and Henderson was forests highest ranked player so he's hardly to blame today....
I don't think he's saying he's to blame. Not in the least. Just that even though it would have been a good save, he should have saved their first goal. It was near post. No keeper likes to be scored on there regardless of how good the shot was. His positioning was a little off and he was a late to react. He'd be the first to say he should have at least made an attempt at it and probably should have saved it...

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Because Henderson doesn’t play.

Henderson is better than Pickford or at the very least has the ability to be at the same level as Pickford to compete with him.
To be fair Pickford for England is miles better than Pickford for Everton.

mufc1445

He's put his neck on the line with his comments and he's directly in the firing line. He didn't do himself any favors with that goal, regardless how well it was struck from that angle.

Lack of anticipation, plus poor positioning and feet led to him not even making an attempt.
He has set himself up for people to analyse his every move,lost a lot of support he had.

marcus agrippa

He’s put himself right under the microscope with those comments.
Everything is gonna be hyper scrutinised just like if he was United goalie except he’s playing at Forest
100%. Don't talk shit if you can't back it up. Trash-talking 101. Can't lie, I'll take great pleasure in every single error he makes this season. I expect I won't be disappointed.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

He did a couple of good saves, i believe his best one was minutes before the second goal when he kept NF in the game. He also cleared the danger and collected the ball on several occasions to relieve his defense.

But, admittedly, his reaction in the first goal doesn't look good. Long distance and you can actually tell the player is going to shoot. As a keeper, the least you can do is get near the ball. Henderson wouldn't have caught that ball, even in the replay.

The second one is tricky. I was watching the game and i waited for the replays to see how that ball was directed toward the goal. It's OK to not anticipate a finish like that. On the other hand, it points to a specific thing that Henderson does. He often positions himself way ahead off his line for no apparent reason. Maybe, he thinks that he makes the shot/pass angle difficult for the attacker, but that usually works on certain occasions and if you have a big body type.

There were a few times, especially when Saint-Maximin was cutting inside or when Newcastle were finding decent shots just outside the box, that, if the ball had gone in, he would've conceded the goal standing. That's positioning straight from the Barthez school of goalkeeping.

It's early days, but Forest looked very unfit and unprepared for the PL. Oh, the scenes if they go down and the prodigal son has to come back to Carrington... We just can't do without drama at this club.

Rolaholic

Probably kicking himself right now, he would've been first choice within the first 2 matchdays

mikeyt

We let him go to Forest he must be sitting there chuckling to himself

Based Adnan

It doesn't matter if he's the answer long term or not, he's far better than De Gea

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He's not the long-term solution, but if we can't get a solid keeper in by the end of the window, I would recall him. All is forgiven.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
He's not the long-term solution, but if we can't get a solid keeper in by the end of the window, I would recall him. All is forgiven.
Sorry - you can’t have him - I doubt hendo thinks all is forgive.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Sorry - you can’t have him - I doubt hendo thinks all is forgive.
Don't think he'd come back either, but does he have a choice? Not sure how these loan agreements work in practice - don't think it's like FM where you can just click the recall button and have the player back the next day.

pascell

He wasn't and never was the answer, never mind how bad de Gea is performing today. Look at Hendeesons 'goalkeeping' vs Liverpool at home, it was pathetic. If we can get that £20m from Forest, take it and run.

Ace of Spades

He wasn't and never was the answer, never mind how bad de Gea is performing today. Look at Hendeesons 'goalkeeping' vs Liverpool at home, it was pathetic. If we can get that £20m from Forest, take it and run.
So one bad game from him means he is crap, but De Gea being consistently shit is fine is it ??

Currently, DDG is one of the worst keepers in the league.

Lecland07

Don't think he was necessarily the answer. If we wanted both a shot stopper and a keeper good at dealing with crosses, we should have just signed Pope for £10m (bargain).

Rojofiam

Not necessarily being the long-term solution ≠ not being 10x better than De Gea

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
What's wrong with Tom heaton?

He's always been solid when he's played. He should be number 1 going forward.

Born2Lose

Guy was exactly right, EtH would have kept him but as a bench option which would have made no difference to the situation we have now.

Oranges038

Sorry, I forgot the only metric to judge a goalkeeper on is clean sheets.
Ok, how about his higher save %, on avergae less goals conceded on down from almost 1.5 pg to .8 pg, more sweeping actions, claiming more high balls and you know winning more games with Henderson up to nearly 70% from 50% with DDG.