Dean Henderson | Nottingham Forest loan watch

pascell

Ok, how about his higher save %, on avergae less goals conceded on down from almost 1.5 pg to .8 pg, more sweeping actions, claiming more high balls and you know winning more games with Henderson up to nearly 70% from 50% with DDG.
Throw any stats you like at me, he isn't the answer as much as you're gonna tell me he is, he isn't a good goalkeeper and he's a negative presence in the dressing room.

Leg-End

Wouldn’t want this locker room leaking fanny anywhere near the club again, move on.

Oranges038

Throw any stats you like at me, he isn't the answer as much as you're gonna tell me he is, he isn't a good goalkeeper and he's a negative presence in the dressing room.
He's not great. But it proves even an average all round keeper is better than DDG. Literally any keeper who does more than wait on his line to make saves would be better than DDG.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Don't think he'd come back either, but does he have a choice? Not sure how these loan agreements work in practice - don't think it's like FM where you can just click the recall button and have the player back the next day.
There may be a Jan window recall clause in the loan deal - if so that’s the only way he’s going back to you - in this case though I don’t think there is.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He's not good enough for United but funnily he will probably have a better season than DDG with a low pressure team.

Ace of Spades

And he's also saved us on many occasions and probably doesn't leak stuff from the dressing room, like Henderson.
So, does not change the fact that he has is shit and is worse than Henderson currently. DDG being good once is irrelevant to the fact that he is shit currently.

mavradal

Looks like Henderson was proven right after all, he was wronged by United.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Can only laugh while we're stuck with De Gea for at least another season and looking to spend on another back up.

kps88

His kicking still wasn't great today and he didn't have a great game last week. Let's not get carried away.

AndySmith1990

I think the best strategy going forward is if the club do the opposite of what they think is the right decision

Adnan

Talent Spotter

We also let him leave because he was adamant he wanted to leave. He even went on record and said he wanted out before he even spoke to ten Hag.

Born2Lose

Ten Hag's probably on the phone to Murtough now telling him he's just watched the Forest - West Ham game and seen a keeper he thinks we should sign.

Idxomer

He's a better keeper than De Gea, there's no argument there but he's still not the answer.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

We also let him leave because he was adamant he wanted to leave. He even went on record and said he wanted out before he even spoke to ten Hag.
I know it's stick the boot in on United season, but... "Dean Henderson has had a lot of touches". Touches.

Seriously?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The crap Twitter accounts gassing up a man who stood eight yards off centre when one v one against Salah, because he saved a pen.

He's Pickford MK2. An over confident, t rex armed keeper.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I know it's stick the boot in on United season, but... "Dean Henderson has had a lot of touches". Touches.

Seriously?
Which points to him being heavily involved in the build up phase and comfortable with the ball at his feet.

V.O.

Which points to him being heavily involved in the build up phase and comfortable with the ball at his feet.
I watched the game. Forest passed it back to him a lot and most of the time he (inaccurately) booted it long. It's just a ridiculous thing to spin a narrative about.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The crap Twitter accounts gassing up a man who stood eight yards off centre when one v one against Salah, because he saved a pen.

And his critics keep pointing to the same one or two moments over and over, ignoring that overall he was making less mistakes than De Gea. Which considering one is a relatively inexperienced younger player who hadn't played consistently for over 6 months, and the other is on the verge of entering our top 10 most capped players of all time...

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
And his critics keep pointing to the same one or two moments over and over, ignoring that overall he was making less mistakes than De Gea. Which considering one is a relatively inexperienced younger player who hadn't played consistently for over 6 months, and the other is on the verge of entering our top 10 most capped players of all time...
Making less mistakes happens when you're riding the bench. He's so average it's unreal.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
That is a completely unfounded statement !
Not everything you read on the internet is true.

V.O.

Why do these discussions always turn into De Gea vs Henderson whenever anybody says anything about either? Neither are good enough.

Pick basically any keeper from any midtable team and they'd be an upgrade on both. Sanchez, Raya, Martinez, Sa, Pope. All big upgrades. Pretty much anybody besides Danny Ward because Leicester haven't got in a replacement yet - and when they do I'd be shocked if whoever the feck that is isn't better than Henderson and De Gea as well.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I watched the game. Forest passed it back to him a lot and most of the time he (inaccurately) booted it long. It's just a ridiculous thing to spin a narrative about.
Just his ability to command his area is more than good enough for me to want him over the chap that has been glued to his line for too long. We must evolve as a team and attempt to modernise our approach to the game. I've been repeating the same here for years.

Lentwood

So one bad game from him means he is crap, but De Gea being consistently shit is fine is it ??

Currently, DDG is one of the worst keepers in the league.
Yeah I never understood that logic. It seems that some have decided that since Dean Henderson probably isn't "world-class" (or perfect), we might as well keep selecting DDG, who has been terrible for 4/5 seasons now

Surely in that scenario, even if you dont rate either that highly, you go with the lesser of the two evils?

PoTMS

Him doing well is good news for us. The best thing we could do is sell him for £30m while people actually still rate him. Let go of De Gea next year and use the money saved/received on a goalkeeper that will bring us into the 2020's.

Oranges038

He's still a better fit for how Utd should be playing than DDG.

People can keep bringing up Salah all they like as stick to beat him with. But it's not any worse than what we saw yesterday or this.