Interesting.

2019/20David De GeaDean Henderson
Games played3836
Goals against3633
Post shot expected goals37.138.2
Crosses dealt with %5.37.9
Sweeps per 900.290.47

Hope this helps.
Show the rest of the stats please.....hope this helps.

Lyng

That was one shite penalty. I could have held that and the idiot is acting like he is prime Buffon.

JB7

Show the rest of the stats please.....hope this helps.
Which ones exactly? Those are the general go to in terms of statistics that actually tend to matter with regards to goalkeeping, it's not my fault they don't back up your ridiculous argument, what else would you like to see?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Which ones exactly? Those are the general go to in terms of statistics that actually tend to matter with regards to goalkeeping, it's not my fault they don't back up your ridiculous argument, what else would you like to see?
Save percentage?

FerociousCorgis

Every time i see this shit bumped after an average performance i will make sure to post that just because DDG may be a shit average gk it doesnt mean we should just bring back yet another shit average gk.

Speako

He isn’t good enough, let him go for good. Sure De Gea is having a mare, but It’d be like replacing Fred with McTominey.

JB7

Save percentage?
Generally dismissed as it doesn't take the quality of chance into consideration which is why people look to the the post shot expected goal metric. But if you insist.

19/20 (same season); De Gea 73.6% and Henderson 75.2%.

Do you want me to compare the 20/21 season when they both played for United too? Spoiler, De Gea actually marginally wins one of the of the five stats we've looked at so far that year! The difference in all the others is even bigger though.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Stats can be very ambiguous when it comes to goaltending & can often be slanted to prove a point. Being an old codger I prefer to let my eyes tell me what is happening instead of a myriad of stats.
I like the look of Henderson & feel that he could become a very good keeper given time. Nottingham Forest was the perfect club for him to go to as he will see lots of action instead of being in the goldfish bowl of Manchester where every mistake is analyzed to the nth degree.

Longshanks

Please rewatch it. Everyone forgetting when punched one straight at him, into the net ?
Nope not forgotten that was poor. Do you remember the excellent sweep he did against spurs away at a vital time in the game that stopped an almost certain goal? Or the time he collected a cross and then produced an excellent throw out that started a counter attack that led to goal?

I mean there were negative moments no doubt, but there were also huge net posistives like the above that make a really really big difference to the team.

Boondog

They need to show some teeth on this and move this clown. Send him somewhere with no wifi.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Henderson has no place at United after his leaks last season, and his attack on the club this season. It doesn’t mean I think DDG is the answer, it just means neither of them are.
Question of opinions

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Henderson was good enough to not needing an upgrade until most of the first team got looked at.

He is also one of those goalkeepers that get better the older they are - like most goalkeepers tend to be

Maticmaker

David DeGea has been a great servant for the club, but all the signs are he is beginning to wane and his weaknesses (crosses under the bar/playing out from the back) are now likely to be more important under ETH.
Henderson is still learning and could get better, I'd keep him, play him and have DeGea as stand-in.

ETH has to change things and where obvious weaknesses with any player that have existed for years, and not improved, then they have to be addressed now and not just with outfield players.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's a decent keeper Henderson. Perhaps not World Class but certainly a decent Premier League keeper, but let's not pretend he's good at distribution because it's not his strength and therefore he isn't what we need. Just like De Gea isn't what we need right now either. I'd hope for a keeper that can actually pass on a fairly consistent basis both short and long.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's a decent keeper Henderson. Perhaps not World Class but certainly a decent Premier League keeper, but let's not pretend he's good at distribution because it's not his strength and therefore he isn't what we need. Just like De Gea isn't what we need right now either. I'd hope for a keeper that can actually pass on a fairly consistent basis both short and long.
He's average at his distribution with his kicking, maybe even below average (which unfortunately still makes him better than De Gea), but his distribution with throwing the ball is quite good. Obviously we'd prefer someone who is good at both though.

Cantonagotmehere

Move on from this tosser, why bring a guy back with an attitude like his? It will be easy enough to find other options. Interviews like he gave should not be forgiven, in my humble opinion.

gaffs

Move on from this tosser, why bring a guy back with an attitude like his? It will be easy enough to find other options. Interviews like he gave should not be forgiven, in my humble opinion.
I see why his attitude was bad. Cant be easy having to see DDH making howlers.

DDH was the most culpable of all on Saturday. His clanger on the first goal and then the hospital pass to Erikson was what really rocked us.

I can see Henderson having a very good season for Forset.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Can guarantee there will be many in the club sympathetic to his particular situation. He got shafted, perhaps he could have dealt with it better, but he got shafted and missed out on a year of football for no good reason.

Cantonagotmehere

I see why his attitude was bad. Cant be easy having to see DDH making howlers.

DDH was the most culpable of all on Saturday. His clanger on the first goal and then the hospital pass to Erikson was what really rocked us.

I can see Henderson having a very good season for Forset.
I like him as a keeper for sure, I just think there are better ways to handle his situation than the tone of that interview. I for sure understand him being upset, but you also need to be professional and it's never good to burn bridges early in your career.

Maticmaker

I like him as a keeper for sure, I just think there are better ways to handle his situation than the tone of that interview. I for sure understand him being upset, but you also need to be professional and it's never good to burn bridges early in your career.
I am more concerned about what a player does on the pitch rather than what they say in interviews. Especially these days where interviewers are out to either 'butter up the player' (as on MUTV) or get them to say something controversial.

I would have played Henderson instead of DeGea, from the beginning, simply because the lad is 'on the up' and is more confident. DeGea's best form is shown when he has a settled 2 CB's in front of him so he knows what to expect from them and they know about his 'peculiarities'.

If ETH is going to rotate CB's for different games, then expect to see less confident goalkeeping from De Gea.

Rolaholic

Absolutely cracking up over him playing between the sticks with a cap on today after DDG's disasterclass in the sun last week :lol: :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Flapping at crosses and some horrendous kicking.
Yeah. He's done nothing but hoof it aimlessly to Everton players or into the stands, but we'll still have people banging on in here about how he's a "ball-playing keeper". The lad is an absolute myth.

Idxomer

Yeah. He's done nothing but hoof it aimlessly to Everton players or into the stands, but we'll still have people banging on in here about how he's a "ball-playing keeper". The lad is an absolute myth.
What sets him apart from De Gea is that he's a proactive keeper but yes he's very flawed in general.

prateik

His contract was nearly up.. There was some interest from Chelsea iirc.. He was told he would compete for the starting spot and he agreed to sign an extension..

He barely got a look in despite being good whenever he got a chance.. Can totally see why he wasnt happy..

If he was leaking stuff, that's a separate issue.. but I dont care if he was pissed off after what happened.. Thankfully not everyone at the club is happy to collect their wages and not worry about playing football.

Also, the leaks have barely stopped after Lingard and Henderson have left.. so who knows .. they might not have been the ones.. its a bigger issue.