Dean Henderson | Nottingham Forest loan watch

Greck

People wanting our player to fail is so weird to me.
He said he couldnt wait to play us or something of the ilk. Literally looking forward to getting one over us and has been a massive dick about getting even with us. I never saw a player make comments like that while still at their club. We even sacked the guy who benched him so it makes no sense for him to grudge the club. Being our player doesn't justify anything. He deserves a thorough humbling. Support and defend anyone who enjoys it. Loyalty is a 2 way street. Go absolutely nuts.

Last edited:

Boondog

I have a soft spot for Henderson, mostly because of that clip where he is in the crowd at Old Trafford celebrating Rashford's debut goal. It's quite clear his priority was to make it at United and he feels let down by the club/Ole over his treatment last season. That still doesn't excuse the fact that he was apparently one of the leaks from the dressing room last season, and him mouthing off to media as soon as he left the club. There are legitimate concerns over his actual ability too. But its genuinely sad to see some of our fans almost reveling in his mistakes.
I'm not reveling in his mistakes. I just think it's weird that you have a player who says he thinks he is better than DDG, but then turns around and avoids working out for the new manager because he wants to go to Forest. If he thought he was better than DDG then why not stick around and compete. He had no reason to think EtH would be anything other than fair in the competition.

So the translation is that he was afraid of competition. That bugs me. His desire for his own comfort overcame his belief in himself.

Also I don't like the way he mouthed off after his hot start to the season. Then airing his childish grievances. Just the wrong way to handle business. Man up instead and show through your play this year that they made a mistake.

Look at it all in its entirety and it's like a collage of a naive whiner with a strong insecurity streak. Is that what you want between the pipes? That mental image? That's why I'm irritated. Because I would have liked to watch him play and hope he's good enough vice know for sure he isn't good enough upstairs.

hobbers

Carrying on like that after nearly every goal. Bet his team mates are thinking he’s a right cnut.
Wouldnt be surprised if Forest or his own PR people are pulling him up about those histrionics soon. Very clear message he's giving out every time, that it's the teams fault and not his.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Funny how with him 90% of goals are "quality goals". Problem is that he makes them quality. All those long range goals which he conceded can be saved. But he is too short and has shit reflexes to save them.
For 3rd goal his positioning is awful. Decent gk saves that
100% this is why he gets overrated by some people. They see a nice finish and him getting nowhere near it and come to the conclusion there’s just nothing he could have done about it, not recognising that keepers with better positioning or agility would have saved it. At some point they’ll recognise the pattern that he seems to concede many more of those goals than the average keeper. Pretty sure it’s down to his footwork.

liman

Already know he must be actually so shite even brexit bias manager like Ole prefer De Gea over him.

Red_toad

Then you're being intentionally biased and blind, his positioning for the 3rd goal especially is awful, what's he doing being in front of his near post when there's like 2 defenders covering that angle, he never gave himself a chance to be in the right position to save the shot. Not a coincidence how he seems to always concede 'great goals', it's because his positioning is shit that a half placed shot will always go in against him it feels like
:lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm not reveling in his mistakes. I just think it's weird that you have a player who says he thinks he is better than DDG, but then turns around and avoids working out for the new manager because he wants to go to Forest. If he thought he was better than DDG then why not stick around and compete. He had no reason to think EtH would be anything other than fair in the competition.

So the translation is that he was afraid of competition. That bugs me. His desire for his own comfort overcame his belief in himself.

Also I don't like the way he mouthed off after his hot start to the season. Then airing his childish grievances. Just the wrong way to handle business. Man up instead and show through your play this year that they made a mistake.

Look at it all in its entirety and it's like a collage of a naive whiner with a strong insecurity streak. Is that what you want between the pipes? That mental image? That's why I'm irritated. Because I would have liked to watch him play and hope he's good enough vice know for sure he isn't good enough upstairs.
I got bollocked at work for saying this :lol:

devil99

He said he couldnt wait to play us or something of the ilk. Literally looking forward to getting one over us and has been a massive dick about getting even with us. I never saw a player make comments like that while still at their club. We even sacked the guy who benched him so it makes no sense for him to grudge the club. Being our player doesn't justify anything. He deserves a thorough humbling. Support and defend anyone who enjoys it. Loyalty is a 2 way street. Go absolutely nuts.
He is on loan and can’t play against us right?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Already know he must be actually so shite even brexit bias manager like Ole prefer De Gea over him.
Ah Ole the only manager in the world who won jack shit despite spending 420m+

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is not any better than De Gea when it comes into ball playing. And not better when it comes into positioning either. So I never get some posters who seemed bitter than we didnt make him first team GK.

On top of that after seeing his antics I dont think our current defenders will enjoy playing with him. That is a HUGE factor.

Lyng

De Gea saves two out of those three goals. I get that a modern keeper needs to be able to pass and sweep. But if you can't do basic goalkeeping what is it truly worth?
Thankfully Dean is making it crystal clear that he is not the answer for us. Hopefully we get a propper upgrade on De Gea after this season.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
His positioning for the third goal was horrific.

Brought back memories of that Salah goal.

His footwork is all wrong on goals 2 and 3,

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He put a target on his own back with that interview. Effectively saying he couldn't wait to beat his parent club.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
He seems very immature overall, his reactions after he concedes reminds me of a toddler not getting his own way. His positioning and footwork as a keeper leaves a lot to be desired.
His interview after leaving is a prime example of why we dont need him, I get why he didnt hang around as he may have been on the bench for another year and with it being a World cup season as well. Should have stayed quiet and respectful and said it didnt work out and needed guaranteed game time, no one would have blamed him or wished him to fail.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Watched the highlights and wasn’t at fault for any of the goals, but it apparently proved why he’s no good? This place :houllier:
Definitely should have done better for the 3rd. He's stuck at his near post while better keepers would be covering/moving a bit to their left expecting the ball to be played across. That fraction of a second does him in. Poor positioning coupled with the fact that his reach is lesser than slightly taller keepers means he'll always let in goals which aren't going into the corner. Not sure about the 2nd . It wasn't in the top corner but it was a good hit nevertheless.

MDFC Manager

He is not any better than De Gea when it comes into ball playing. And not better when it comes into positioning either. So I never get some posters who seemed bitter than we didnt make him first team GK.
Apparently some stats prove that he's better than de gea... Or so his fanboys claim. :wenger:

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
I knew he is probably turd just because DDG is also a turd, who he couldn't displace. Kept bad mouthing the club. Such entitlement mentality. Feck him

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
But but but he saved a penalty and waved his cap around like a big time fecking Charlie.

C'est Moi Cantona

Surely we want him to do well, then we can sell him?

If he's trash all season then he'll be back, still probably full of ego, and we'll just have to pay to loan him somewhere else next season, or worse still ETH will finally see him in training first hand and insist on keeping him.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Ah Ole the only manager in the world who won jack shit despite spending 420m+
This comment in every single thread :lol:

Re Hendo: The positioning on the third goal was really poor, but who the hell saves that second goal?

Denis79

People wanting our player to fail is so weird to me.
Especially when we want to sell him. He doesn't want to be here and we don't want him. I hope we does well so we can sell him, after that I couldn't care less how he does.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
[

Re Hendo: The positioning on the third goal was really poor, but who the hell saves that second goal?
Any decent gk? You can see dozen of times how Dave or other good shot stoppers are saving shots like that.
With Henderson on goal it looks like top goal but any gk with better agility, anticipation and hand range saves that shot.
Shots above his head are huge Henderson's flaw.

Look how gks saving those "great" shots

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
This is a unique case. Usually I'd be on the side of those surprised people are wanting him to fail, but he's really done it to himself with his daft interviews and the way he's spoken about his current employers. Even though not everything he said put him in the wrong, a lot of it he didn't need to go public about. He burnt his bridge with the fans, why should people still be loyal to him?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

This is for all of you who often describe goals as "that goal gk couldn't save". Nearly every goal can be saved. That is difference between top shot stopper and average one.

To be clear, i am using Dave's video only because he is best example for this topic. So don't start now debating Dave's flaws. That is other topic. We are talking now purely about how henderson is complete shit at his main job; saving shots

Bole Top

I hope we were smart enough not to include the clause that would prevent him from playing against us.

OleGunnar20

This is a unique case. Usually I'd be on the side of those surprised people are wanting him to fail, but he's really done it to himself with his daft interviews and the way he's spoken about his current employers. Even though not everything he said put him in the wrong, a lot of it he didn't need to go public about. He burnt his bridge with the fans, why should people still be loyal to him?
Spot on I'd say. He's brought it all on himself.

fallengt

I hope we were smart enough not to include the clause that would prevent him from playing against us.
:lol:
He's still United player. It's not right to laugh at Henderson but after that interview, it's hard not to.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Apologies about that but it still gets me. How could such shit manager end up given so much money for him to burn