Dean Henderson | Nottingham Forest loan watch

Lyng

Why wouldn't he want Utd to lose when he'd be playing for the other team?

How does he want everything handed to him?

He wants to play football, he just moved to play football because wants to be a no.1. He's spent time across 5 leagues in England to progress and develop. To make sure he got his chance at Utd. He got his chance and did better than the highest paid keeper in the world has done for years. Was given a new 100k a week deal and assurances by the club and a manager who never followed up on them.

He has every right to be annoyed by how that played out. He maybe shouldn't be voicing his grievances so publicly. But, I find his honesty refreshing.
Why would he want to specifically meet United to beat them is the question to ask.

He is acting like Pogba.

soapythecat

He’s a good keeper but I don’t for one minute thinks he’s better than DDG. I’d replace DDG at the drop of a hat for a better keeper, but I don’t think Henderson will ever be that guy.
Anyway, he could be world class this season in Nottingham but I very much doubt he would be welcome back at Untied. He’s done at OT.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Was Henderson the leak all along?

Certainly seems like he had a motive.

Paul778

The thing that drives me crazy is he feels entitled enough to slag off the team paying his wages. If he came back in Keanos days he wouldn't make it onto the training ground.

We don't have the people in and around the team to reenforce acceptable behaviour. Who were they going to look to as role models? Paul Fecking Pogba?

Welbeckham

I understand his frustration because we’d be better off replacing De Gea with him. Then again we should aim higher than him too, as he’s hardly better than the likes of Foster, Johnstone and Heaton, all of whom faced a similar fate. Stop whining and prove yourself.

Smores

He played a season in the premier league as first choice already.
Yeah so he did completely forgot it wasn't just championship :lol:

Still one decent season at such a club isn't enough to feel entitled to start at United. One thing being confident then that.

RedDevil@84

The thing that drives me crazy is he feels entitled enough to slag off the team paying his wages. If he came back in Keanos days he wouldn't make it onto the training ground.

We don't have the people in and around the team to reenforce acceptable behaviour. Who were they going to look to as role models? Paul Fecking Pogba?
We have several posters here ok with that because what he is saying is truth from his viewpoint.

Pickle85

And despite all these supposed weaknesses he was still a considerable upgrade on De Gea. Imagine how much difference signing a top goalkeeper would make.
He wasn't though. Like, not at all.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He's a young guy, showing ambition.
He is frustrated - he believes that he is not being given a fair shot at being MUFC's No.1.
I have no issues with him mouthing off like this. In fact, I wish more of our players had this fight and ambition.

My issue is with an incompetent board. They are so useless - their performance this Summer can be misinterpreted as sabotage.
Sheer incompetence.
And the worst part is that the fans are buying into the shambles. This season is yet another write-off and I guarantee you that next season will also be written off (for reasons we don't know yet). Last season was also written off, btw.

skc_18

To be fair, De gea was in superb form when Henderson got Covid. And it was always tough to replace after that unless De gea form was slipping.
I don't think either Henderson or De gea are the right goal keepers who will help us in winning titles. We need to move on with De gea and Henderson would have been a decent first step but it did not happen last season.May be next season we might see Henderson if his loan works well.

But Utd board would not care much. He is on a long-term contract and he will be loaned out till someone comes forward to buy.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I would pace Sergio Romero above this guy as a keeper, always thought he was a fantastic backup keeper and some fantastic anytime he started for us. Henderson is a liability, Eric Bailly of the keeper world, can be good on his day but has a horrendous mistake in him too frequently. It will be glossed over at Forest as not much is expected from them, although I think he’s a good addition, more so than Jlingz.

RedDevil@84

I have no issues with him mouthing off like this. In fact, I wish more of our players had this fight and ambition.
Yup. Arrange interviews for De Gea to speak the "truth" talk about the defenders in front of him.
Arrange interviews with defenders to say the "truth" about GK and midfielders.
Arrange interview with Ronaldo to say "truth" about Ole and Rangnick

Such fun.

JB7

He wasn't though. Like, not at all.
Except he was. It's not even really a debate as the numbers speak for themselves. If you don't think he was, tell me specifically what part of our game was better with De Gea in goal? Do you we conceded less goals? Do you think we won more games? Do you think we defended better? Do you think we scored more goals?

Even his shot stopping stats were better than De Gea's that year and that's quite literally the only thing De Gea is good at. As I've said before, relatively average across the board is considerably better than good at one thing and dreadful at everything else.

Monte Clift

We are currently paying his wages - not United.
Nope. Forest are technically /legally paying a fee to Utd. Utd are contracted to and will pay his wages. He is an employee of Man Utd…who will be sold by Man Utd no doubt when the first opportunity comes up as he’s a dickhead.

He’s probably the most talented English GK but Pickford, Ramsey and Pope are clearly way mentally more grounded ( his distribution and coming for crosses is also way way better than DDG) but Ravel can tell him a story about being a talented wrong ‘un and squandering a career. May end up in MLS too.

If he drops a clanger in next 2 weeks he will be memed to death won’t he?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
he won't be proven as one of the best goalkeepers though, he's a solid PL keeper. He thinks he's prime Buffon apparently. He got covid and De Gea took his chance. These things happen in football.

Never mind the fact De Gea is a better keeper than Henderson ever will be.
Probably. It's hard to know about how Gk developed or judging their quality. We had a free run at VdS as 34 y.o Gk. One of the GOAT Gk was still at Brondby until 28.

I think the club would be better off seeing how he does this season, if he does well enough, then bringing him back in next year and giving him a shot at being no.1 might not be the worst idea if DDG doesn't get a new deal. Personally, I think he'll leave, it wouldn't suprise me if he ends up at Spurs in the future to replace Lloris.

I think Utd should keep an opening for a long term no.1. I'd be keeping a tight eye on Bazunu, he is very much a modern day keeper, but he also posseses the strengths you'd see with traditional keeping, controls his box, claims high balls, sweeps, reaction saves etc. he has everything in his locker to be a top top keeper. Will be very interested in seeing how he does for Southampton this season.
Yeh. I see something good with Henderson, but it's probably just because he was better (imho) than DDG at that time he was playing. Said it before, I'd have invested on Henderson than keep playing the "safe choice" DDG with such a massive flaw who most likely will never improved.

Last edited:

Mr PG

Dean Henderson is a bit mental. Please don’t even compare him to Pogba.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Why are we producing such monumental bellends lately? Their egos are crazy, Henderson needs to leave, unfortunately he wasn't good enough to be sold permanently, let's hope he actually plays at a decent level this season or he'll be stuck in his cage again.

I wonder if he'll put a transfer request in next summer right away, or will he try and get that "loyalty" bonus?

Footballers are cnuts, very few are normal, Henderson is just crying to get sympathy.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Ah so it's pogba's fault. Typical. Is Pogba at fault for the striker who can't be named as well? What about Ravel, Maguire (who broke covid laws to go to Greece and he ending up fighting there) or Jesse?

Why not mentioning senior players who could step as 'role models' like Harry Maguire, Marcus Rashford, JLingz or Phil Jones? Ole was so proud of his British core after all. Maybe SAF prodigal son the SUIII could act as a role model.What about the many former players we had in the coaching department? Couldn't Ole himself be a role model? Or was he too busy going for a holiday to Norway in the middle of a crisis?

The reality is that we had an out of depth manager who allowed standards to slip to the pits.

IRELANDUNITED

I understand his frustration because we’d be better off replacing De Gea with him. Then again we should aim higher than him too, as he’s hardly better than the likes of Foster, Johnstone and Heaton, all of whom faced a similar fate. Stop whining and prove yourself.
Would we, though? What has he ever done to prove he’s good enough to be United’s number 1?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Would we, though? What has he ever done to prove he’s good enough to be United’s number 1?
In the months that Henderson was starting for us, he did do better than De Gea has done in three and a half of the last four seasons. That's just on the individual level. He did make two or three big mistakes which everybody seems to constantly go on about (ignoring the fact that De Gea was constantly making mistakes as well), but was otherwise quite solid. On the team level we suddenly conceded less goals per game than at any other time in those four years and our defence looked more stable as a whole. Is it all just coincidence?

The Red Thinker

He can feck right off to Nottingham if that’s the kind of character he has. There are players who have been dealt far worse hands than Henderson has gone through in the GK position and very rarely do they slag off the parent club. No less the club that groomed you! How you deal with the disappointment is a reflection on the kind of player he would be when the shit hits the fan at a club. Henderson may be talented but I know for sure now that he was one of the cnuts leaking internal turmoil.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He wasn’t pissed that he didn’t drop De Ge in the league - he was pissed that he didn’t even get a chance in the FA Cup.

I can totally understand that - but Rangnick was someone I regard as the worst managers of this club of all time.

Marcus

I think he felt betrayed to have wasted a year doing nothing. Well all the best at Forest and I hope you play well enough to get a decent price for your transfer.

Pickle85

Except he was. It's not even really a debate as the numbers speak for themselves. If you don't think he was, tell me specifically what part of our game was better with De Gea in goal? Do you we conceded less goals? Do you think we won more games? Do you think we defended better? Do you think we scored more goals?

Even his shot stopping stats were better than De Gea's that year and that's quite literally the only thing De Gea is good at. As I've said before, relatively average across the board is considerably better than good at one thing and dreadful at everything else.
De Gea is a much better shot stopper and the other perceived areas of superiority in Henderson's game aren't enough to compensate for that. There's a reason that coach after coach has preferred DDG to Henderson and it's because he's a better goalkeeper. Or do you think they all had agendas against him? There's also a reason that he's taken on loan by clubs like Forest and Sheff Utd and that's because other, bigger clubs also don't see him as starting number one quality. He's a prime example of another player that gets better in the caf's mind the less he plays

Judas

Open to offers
Henderson always got overly praised because he did a few things De Gea just simply never does, so it was easy to be like "wow". Truth is, he was never the ready made replacement waiting in the wings, he just had a few more things in his goalkeeper arsenal that made him seem in some way more enticing.

I don't blame him for his outburst, it's woefully unprofessional and does him no favours, but it's a very human reaction which we don't see too often in football these days.

He may very well have a good season for Forest, but I already think we've seen enough to make it quite clear, he'll never be good enough to be our number one, and that bridge is ash at this point anyway.

JB7

De Gea is a much better shot stopper and the other perceived areas of superiority in Henderson's game aren't enough to compensate for that. There's a reason that coach after coach has preferred DDG to Henderson and it's because he's a better goalkeeper. Or do you think they all had agendas against him? There's also a reason that he's taken on loan by clubs like Forest and Sheff Utd and that's because other, bigger clubs also don't see him as starting number one quality. He's a prime example of another player that gets better in the caf's mind the less he plays
Firstly, he’s nowhere near as much of a better shot stopper as you’d think. Looking at the PSxG of Henderson’s season at Sheffield United & De Gea’s last season where he was “back to his best”, the difference was only 1.5 - with both players performing at top 10 in Europe levels. In the season both played for United’s first team, Henderson’s was actually higher. The issue with De Gea’s shot stopping is while he makes a number of incredible saves, he actually lets a lot of shots he should be stopping in. And I’m not making Henderson better in my mind at all, the performances & results with him speak for themselves in the regard of which player is better for our team, as I’ve said throughout the issue is more how poor for the team De Gea is and Henderson while being relatively average is clearly a better fit for the defenders, mainly due to being more than twice as likely to deal with crosses & four times as likely to deal with balls in behind.

In terms of coaches changing. Ole said he’d be number 1 then he got ill, by the time he was fit again De Gea was perceived to be in good form. Carrick was never changing the goalkeeper in his couple of games in charge. Rangnick frankly I have no idea what was going through his mind to be honest, he wanted to play a high line but was comfortable with his goalkeeper leaving his line less than any other goalkeeper in the league - can’t imagine why nobody else had wanted him as a coach for over a decade.

Oranges038

More than DDG has in about 4 or 5 years

When he played, on average the team conceded less chances and less goals, kept more clean sheets and won more games. It was the teams best defensive record for years. Went from a win rate of 50% with DDG to almost 70% with Henderson.

I'd say that should have been enough, it was for Ole until he got sick and he was forced to go back to DDG. Then when Henderson was fit DDG was making his saves and Ole was hanging on by a thread afraid to make any changes that might hasten his exit.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
As most people on here I have a profession I take pride in. To suggest I can not be honest nor ambitious because I'm level headed is just funny.

It's petty, childish and moronic to have a go at your club on tv, a club that pays you millions a year. He has every right to feel however he wants but keep outside the media. The boy is a childish unprofessional.
You're all clearly exaggerating to get upset for your own pleasure. What he said isn't disrespectful or even out of the ordinary for a professional footballer to speak on. The idea that he rates himself higher than what we all do, is what irks people. Be honest.

Denis79

You're all clearly exaggerating to get upset for your own pleasure. What he said isn't disrespectful or even out of the ordinary for a professional footballer to speak on. The idea that he rates himself higher than what we all do, is what irks people. Be honest.
What annoys me is his childish and very unprofessional manner.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He’s a good keeper but I don’t for one minute thinks he’s better than DDG. I’d replace DDG at the drop of a hat for a better keeper, but I don’t think Henderson will ever be that guy.
Anyway, he could be world class this season in Nottingham but I very much doubt he would be welcome back at Untied. He’s done at OT.
As a result, he made sure that United will never get the fees that they had hoped for with such comments. There is no way United can push the narrative that 'he's not for sale' in order to maximise the transfer fee/price.