Dean Henderson | Nottingham Forest loan watch

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Forest in PL next season means there is a good chance they will trigger that 20m buy clause.

FerociousCorgis

feck Henderson. 20 million is worth it. I get people want an improvement in ddg but Henderson ain't it

RedOrange

Forest in PL next season means there is a good chance they will trigger that 20m buy clause.
I don't think Forest have a buy clause. The Daily Mail reported that there was, but the Manchester Evening News and Sky Sports reported no buy clause.

led_scholes

20 mil for our backup GK and a product from our academy is fine. Sure few years ago, he was valued 40 mil. But it is what it is. In united, he will never be valued as high again.

Denis79

I hope they do but will Forest really buy someone who's been injured half their season?

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
If it wasn't for his reported attitude problems I would personally bring him back and give him the number 1 jersey. We likely aren't going to be able to afford to fill all our gaps this summer and we really need someone who can come of their line.

Hughes35

Great news. Decent GK but not the answer for a top top team.

There are a few players that need to go and we need to raise some funds so 20M is a great start for the summer project.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
£30m would represent a great deal if we then go ahead and bring in a new keeper.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
If it wasn't for his reported attitude problems I would personally bring him back and give him the number 1 jersey. We likely aren't going to be able to afford to fill all our gaps this summer and we really need someone who can come of their line.
He’s not top six quality IMO, let alone MUFC quality. Doesn’t have the mentality to play under such pressure. I put him in the same category as Foster or Bosnich. A talented keeper who can excel at a midtable club but not a keeper who can excel in the spotlight of the biggest club in Britain.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would be surprised if we can still get 30m. Should've sold him for 40m a few years ago rather than give him a fat contract on the back of 1 loan.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
He’s not top six quality IMO, let alone MUFC quality. Doesn’t have the mentality to play under such pressure. I put him in the same category as Foster or Bosnich. A talented keeper who can excel at a midtable club but not a keeper who can excel in the spotlight of the biggest club in Britain.
wouldnt disagree, but we arn’t a bottomless pit of money and signing a striker will probably take up our budget.

so I would give Henderson a shot.

Denis79

Wouldn't matter if he was Peter Schmeichel reborn, after his outburst against the club he has no future here. If the 30M reported is true sell quickly!

Licha M

People who want to get rid of him because of his outburst have short memories if they can't remember Rooney when he wanted away just before the 2010 season.

With that being said, I don't believe Henderson is good enough anyway.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
People who want to get rid of him because of his outburst have short memories if they can't remember Rooney when he wanted away just before the 2010 season.

I think your second sentence is more the issue and where the Rooney comparison breaks down.
Shame cos Henderson looked a potential long-term option for a bit.

FrantikChicken

Nothing to do with short memories. You’re comparing Wayne Rooney, one of the best of his generation, to Dean Henderson :lol:

Licha M

Nothing to do with short memories. You’re comparing Wayne Rooney, one of the best of his generation, to Dean Henderson :lol:
You're just a bit thick, aren't you?

A decision to sell a player shouldn't be based on what brain-dead nonsense they spout in an interview, but whether they have the quality to begin with. Rooney was the best of his generation, Henderson isn't good enough period, and that's the reason he should be sold.

It's really not that difficult to comprehend.

Varun1

I hope this is true, and we can wrap up the other sales quickly as well. Would add to our transfer pot and we'll have a more manageable and defined squad for pre season, rather than aimless playing Harry and others.