Dean Henderson | On loan at Forest | gives public outburst against United

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThanksBoss26

Why has the deal broken down?
Difficult to know whether it has, is still ongoing or was ever on in the first place. This Newcastle journo seems to think its not happening, though from what I've read tonight it sounds like he has a bit of a dubious track record on these things. Like most at this time of year, I guess only time will tell.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
One journo ruling it out doesn't mean it's dead. Unless multiple reports are picked up this move could still very well happen, and would be a good one for all parties involved.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Newcastle have been disappointingly savvy in the transfer market so far and I only expect that to continue after hiring Ashworth from Brighton to be their DoF.

So far their strategy seems to be focused on mixing (a) targeting cheapish PL veterans to elevate team quality in the short term and save them from a relegation fight last year (Burn, Trippier, Wood) or (b) targeting high ceiling long-term building blocks that could eventually be part of a side that competes near the top of the table (Guimaraes, strong chance of buying Ekitike, rumors of interest in Moussa Diaby).

What they haven't done so far is what everybody else was hoping they would do: Overpaying any of the Top Six clubs to take players off their hands that were deemed not good enough for that level or that are otherwise problematic in some way.

Green_Red

We shouldn't be selling any players to Newcastle anymore. They are in the ascendancy, the last thing we want his them competing anywhere near mid to top third of the table.

Henderson should be kept and loaned out to a club with less ambition. Then see where we are with De Gea come the end of 22/23 season before committing to selling one of the only decent sellable players we have.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Signing Wayne Bridge seemed to be a rite of passage for a new oil club. Shame they’ve bucked that trend.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Why has the deal broken down?
We don't know there ever was a deal, we know Newcastle were interested in January, there is a massive chance that all the talk of the move this summer was simply leftover chatter from that when in reality there have been no further discussions since then. Always have to remember 95% of transfer rumors are nothing or mostly nothing

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We don't know there ever was a deal, we know Newcastle were interested in January, there is a massive chance that all the talk of the move this summer was simply leftover chatter from that when in reality there have been no further discussions since then. Always have to remember 95% of transfer rumors are nothing or mostly nothing
It was widely reported he travelled to Newcastle to speak to them in May. We must have given him permission. I thought it was a done deal.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
As I’ve said before they’re rich not stupid. Now they have a new DoF who is used to finding cheaper players, no doubt he’s got some ideas for GK or he’s convinced them that they’d be better spending that money on brightons keeper

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
It was widely reported he traveled to Newcastle to speak to them in May. We must have given him permission. I thought it was a done deal.
We dunno, the reports could have been massively exaggerated which is regularly the case or fabricated altogether, one person reports it and it snowballs.... or they could have taken place either side felt the deal isn't for them, or it could be money Henderson has really high wages for a goalkeeper that could have been an issue, or the fee could problem, maybe Newcastle only wanted a loan at this stage. I never go the feeling it was a done deal.

We don't really know anything other than that there was nearly a deal struck for a loan in January, beyond that pretty much everything is speculation. Right now the two clubs that are drawings the most speculation are us and Newcastle, so rumors for transfers between the two would need to be taken with a whole bucket of salt

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
As I’ve said before they’re rich not stupid. Now they have a new DoF who is used to finding cheaper players, no doubt he’s got some ideas for GK or he’s convinced them that they’d be better spending that money on brightons keeper
Amazing / hilarious that they have a solid strategy in place in 6 months when it took us nearly 10 years.

By amazing I mean depressingly sad, and by hilarious I mean fecking shit.

Bestietom

40million would be a nice sum to get for Henderson. Hope we can get same for Bailly and for Martial.

Noc-Z

ffs
I'd do this deal. I don't think Henderson is as good as he thinks he is. I don't like strengthening a rival but I think I can stomach this one.

Santos J

Probably needs a title change as looks like Newcastle have cooled their interest.

Forest now linked, would make sense with Samba seemingly off. Would mean Garner wouldn't be going back there on loan though.

Nickelodeon

If it's an 'option' to buy then do one.
I'd prefer the reverse. It should be an obligation based on achievable targets such as avoiding relegation.

Option to buy will be a lose lose. If he does really well, we might've sold him on a cheap. If he doesn't, his value will deteriorate.

Edit: I think I misunderstood your post initially when I read it again

BuzzKillington

I'd prefer the reverse. It should be an obligation based on achievable targets such as avoiding relegation.

Option to buy will be a lose lose. If he does really well, we might've sold him on a cheap. If he doesn't, his value will deteriorate.

Edit: I think I misunderstood your post initially when I read it again
Whilst I’m not a fan, he’s an England level goalkeeper. Option to buy at £20m is a pisstake for the reasons you said above.

Devil may care

Probably needs a title change as looks like Newcastle have cooled their interest.

Forest now linked, would make sense with Samba seemingly off. Would mean Garner wouldn't be going back there on loan though.
Can you only have one player on loan from a club?

Remember the geese

It would be great for Forest, reasonable for Henderson and terrible for United. A loan with an option is nonsense. We should either play the guy, or sell permanently.

Kaos

Are we incapable of negotiating sales? It just feels like these loan dealings are our way for offsetting a problem for another season. Either tell them to make a bid, or at the very least a loan with an obligation to buy then we should entertain them. Otherwise tell them to feck off.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Can we do a loan with an obligation to buy (at £25m) but we have over-riding option to say no to sale.

If he does poorly/ok, £25m… if does really well, we can say we‘ll have him back.

Bit ‘ifs and buts’ but an option to buy is a no no and if we get an obligation to buy, they’ll either be getting a good Goalie for a decent price (onsell for profit) or worse case, they’ll sell on and take a bit of a hit.

Needs to be loaded more towards us or a straight buy for a decent price.

redcucumber

If Samba genuinely is off (which I find hard to believe, he's 28 and literally just made it to the big time - why on Earth would he want a move back to France now?), Forest will be desperate for a player of Henderson's quality to replace him. £20-25m guaranteed, either this summer or next, is a fair price. He could be the difference between them staying up or not.

cyberman

Are we incapable of negotiating sales? It just feels like these loan dealings are our way for offsetting a problem for another season. Either tell them to make a bid, or at the very least a loan with an obligation to buy then we should entertain them. Otherwise tell them to feck off.
Can’t be an obligation since Forest could be relegated this season. An option is fine, it’s not as if we will struggle to sell him for that price

AndySmith1990

Ffs every time there's any interest in any of our players it's always on a loan. Surely it's better to get rid of deadwood at any price instead of wasting time with loans. He clearly has no future here

Nickelodeon

Can we do a loan with an obligation to buy (at £25m) but we have over-riding option to say no to sale.

If he does poorly/ok, £25m… if does really well, we can say we‘ll have him back.

Bit ‘ifs and buts’ but an option to buy is a no no and if we get an obligation to buy, they’ll either be getting a good Goalie for a decent price (onsell for profit) or worse case, they’ll sell on and take a bit of a hit.

Needs to be loaded more towards us or a straight buy for a decent price.
Why would they do that? So if he proves that he's worth it, we say no to the option. If he has an average or poor season, they have to buy a GK for 25 million. We'd need Woodward on the other side to make it happen.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Why would they do that? So if he proves that he's worth it, we say no to the option. If he has an average or poor season, they have to buy a GK for 25 million. We'd need Woodward on the other side to make it happen.
Why would we accept a loan and an option? To a club who will get a fee for Samba assuming he goes.

We'd need Woodward back to make it happen.

Vapor trail

Henderson has proven himself as a good premier League level keeper. Forest should be told no why loan the player if there's no need for him in the first 11.

Trex

Why should we loan them a player we would need to replace, United is seen as a very weak club in negotiations.

Santos J

Henderson has proven himself as a good premier League level keeper. Forest should be told no why loan the player if there's no need for him in the first 11.
The need would be because Samba would be off so they'd need a keeper. He himself probably doesn't want a permanent there with the chance they could go straight back down.

CM

He shouldn't really be going for less than what Ramsdale did but if his contract's a bit prohibitive then maybe £25m would be fairer. Not keen on the 'option' to buy though, we've been stung by that too many times now.

Santos J

Really don't get the mini outrage at the idea of a loan with option @ £20m. It's a decent price, he's on a shit load of money, isn't a starter for club or country and is coming off the back of a season doing feck all. The option over obligation is probably something he'd want himself with the risk of them going straight back down.

hobbers

Forest and ~£25m is more his level

Dont see how they afford his wages though

Status
Not open for further replies.