Dean Henderson | On loan at Forest | gives public outburst against United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodzy

Stupid from us
Why? If no one wants to buy him then the best we can do is getting his salary off the books for the season.

If he does well at Forest he could have a chance here next season if we want him, or we get a decent fee for him if we don’t want him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Best case scenario at this point is that we loan him, he does well, we sell him for a bigger fee next summer and sign a more high-end talent to replace De Gea.

Godfather

Why? If no one wants to buy him then the best we can do is getting his salary off the books for the season.

If he does well at Forest he could have a chance here next season if we want him, or we get a decent fee for him if we don’t want him.
I refuse to believe that there would be no one interested in a perma move for him. He's a decent keeper

Gandalf

I refuse to believe that there would be no one interested in a perma move for him. He's a decent keeper
He is coming off a season when he missed time due to COVID and barely played so where people were talking 40M a year ago his current value would only be in the 15M to 20M range if we are lucky and Pope moving for 10M suggests even that is unlikely. If he plays a full season of PL football and smashes it then his value rebounds and we can cash in or as others have suggested we might decide to make him our number one if he has improved enough. DDG is out of contract in 12 months unless we trigger the 1 year option so everything is on the table next summer.

userman

I’m glad to see that there’s seemingly no buy-option included in this deal.
Let’s hope he has a great season that brings him back into contention of being our starting GK next season.

De Gea has 12 months left(ex the +1 option).
I would say both of our GKs are playing for their future, and to be our starting GK in 23/24, this season.
If neither is good enough sign Oblak on a free next summer..

EtH

Best case scenario at this point is that we loan him, he does well, we sell him for a bigger fee next summer and sign a more high-end talent to replace De Gea.
If we’re really prepared to cut ties we should be offering him to Villa to help land Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.