Dean Henderson signed new contract | Loaned out to Sheffield United

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Dean Henderson has signed a new contract, which will keep him at the club until June 2022, with the option to extend for a further year.

Henderson, 22, is a product of the club’s Academy and has been at Manchester United since the age of 14.

The England Under-21 international joins Sheffield United on a season-long loan for the 2019/20 campaign. Henderson enjoyed a successful loan spell at Bramall Lane last season and kept the most clean sheets in the Championship as The Blades secured promotion to the Premier League.

Dean Henderson said:

“The club has been amazing in designing an individual pathway to aid my development which will enable me to reach my potential and perform at the highest level possible. Signing this contract is such a proud moment for myself and my family; I’ve worked so hard to reach this point and I want to do everything I can to repay the faith the club has shown in me.

“I am looking forward to being back at Bramall Lane, the opportunity to be reunited with the coaches and play in front of the amazing fans again is one that I am relishing. I cannot wait to enjoy a full season of Premier League football which I know will be hugely beneficial for my career.”
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said:

“Dean had a fantastic season at Sheffield United and has a big future ahead of him so I am delighted that he has signed this contract. He is another top-level talent that has come through the Academy to continue the proud tradition of producing players capable of playing in the first team.

“We have great faith in Dean’s ability; he has huge potential and his spirit and passion will stand him in good stead this year. We wish Dean the best of luck with his loan move. The opportunity to play a full season of Premier League football is perfect for his development.”

Fridge chutney

The Blades have made some good signings so it's a great team to go out on loan for. Glad we've locked him down and he's going somewhere good to develop.

siw2007

Great news. Hopefully he has a successful year in the premier league.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Dean Henderson, Ravel Morrison and also (apparently) they play good football. Good reason to watch them this season.

Oldyella

Confident lad looking at his tweet confirming his signing, really like the cut of his jib.

Sterling Archer

Oooh that's what's been taking so long with transfers...sorting this out. We should see movement with Maguire and Bruno next week then.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Yes! I'm happy with how the club has treated him, as he pointed out himself too, and so happy to see him sign a new contract. Think he'll go on to become the next Schmeichel for us.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It would require him to do something special to become next Schmeichel for us while we have de Gea at 375k/w for 6 years.
Can't disagree with that, if he is to become as good as Schmeichel but I think he can do it honestly if he is patient and just keeps improving steadily. He seems to have the right mentality to do so. De Gea wont be a problem, imo. If Dean is good enough eventually he'll take his spot, if he is not then we'll have to hope De Gea has a few more great years left in him.

The Blades have made some good signings so it's a great team to go out on loan for. Glad we've locked him down and he's going somewhere good to develop.
Most important is that he’s going to play (I assume... given last season). Clearly we can’t obligate teams to play our loan players, but if the lad can get a whole season as a no. 1 in the PL, we will really see what he’s made of.

Alemar

Most important is that he’s going to play (I assume... given last season). Clearly we can’t obligate teams to play our loan players, but if the lad can get a whole season as a no. 1 in the PL, we will really see what he’s made of.
He can make it to the England National team for the Euro 2020 if he performs. I wonder what loan fee did we receive? RM seem to get 12m for Ceballos loan...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is good news. Even if we keep De Gea for 2/3 years and then sell him for big money hopefully Henderson will be a top level keeper by then.

We can happily keep loaning him to get experience, as being a goalkeeper you don't necessarily need a settled team to perform.

Johan07

Great news and it probably means that a new deal for De Gea is done.

He can make it to the England National team for the Euro 2020 if he performs. I wonder what loan fee did we receive? RM seem to get 12m for Ceballos loan...
I’m not sure on the circumstance of ten Ceballos loan - is he a player they want rid of/ what wages he’s on, but Henderson’s loan is mutually beneficial to us. I expect they are just covering his wages to be honest.

Alemar

I’m not sure on the circumstance of ten Ceballos loan - is he a player they want rid of/ what wages he’s on, but Henderson’s loan is mutually beneficial to us. I expect they are just covering his wages to be honest.
Highly unlikely. GKs are expensive nowadays, and where on Earth would they have found a good GK to be a #1 in EPL? It would cost a lot - hence for sure there must be a fee here. Not 12m of course, but at least 2-3m I would have thought.

Alabaster Codify7

Be interesting to see how he fares this season in the PL and whether DDG regains his old form.

If the latter fails to happen, this new contract is going to be another Sanchez level mistake. Either way, hopefully Hendo is back with us 20/21 ready to challenge for the jersey and Romero is fondly waved goodbye.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Deanoooooooo :drool::drool::drool: wish it was permanent but it was never going to happen

w1thout

The contract extension is a little short actually imo.
I think it is just Dean being cautious with commiting longterm to the club with all the talk of David signing a 6 years contract.

Next summer he'll have 2 years + 1 left on his contract, that means he can force the club to sell in 2 years time if he doesn't see his future as our no.1 .

SATA

Not sure how he is going to get into the team next year when DDG is going to sign a new six year deal and will be undisputed first choice. Glad we tied him down though for the good of the club

marktan

Glad to see him going back, will be a good excuse to catch Sheff Utd's games next soon.

Also great for Deano to improve in the PL week in week out. Just wish Axel was loaned back to Villa too, given he was a starter in their defence. Very rare that you get to loan a player to another PL team and they're actually a nailed on starter.

Nickosaur

Glad to see him going back, will be a good excuse to catch Sheff Utd's games next soon.

Also great for Deano to improve in the PL week in week out. Just wish Axel was loaned back to Villa too, given he was a starter in their defence. Very rare that you get to loan a player to another PL team and they're actually a nailed on starter.
Villa have signed 4 CBs. Tuanzebe might have got a lot of game time but hard to know if he would have been nailed on.