Dean Henderson

Kostov

Who does everyone have higher hopes for Henderson or J. Pereira?
Hederson for me, the few times I've seen him, he has impressed me. And to be sincere ever since the U18 I liked him more than Perreira. Joel has a habit of making howlers and I've never been impressed by him in the minutes he got for the first team. Henderson has that aura about him, that good GKs have, whether he makes it here I'm not sure, I would love it if that was case.

Mickson

Henderson seems to have that hunger, he's always looking to improve his game and he's brave. His grit is fantastic, and attitude and so on. I think that's what seperates him from other academy graduates and maybe even from Joel Pereira. Right now, Henderson is ahead, not that much though. Not sure Mourinho feels the same way though. I agree that both will have great careers. I love De Gea and I think he's the greatest kepper in the world right now and has been for the last couple of years, but I wouldn't cry if he left because I really belive in Henderson and Pereira aswell.

izec

Future PL and England GK for sure. I like him, but as long as Dave is here, he hasnt got a chance. But lets see what the future brings

khoazany

Interesting that Sheffield United is 4th in the Championship now. If he keeps his number 1 spot for them until end of season he might very well end up in the Premier League next season.

Red_toad

Interesting that Sheffield United is 4th in the Championship now. If he keeps his number 1 spot for them until end of season he might very well end up in the Premier League next season.
Lads doing very very well there. Looks an exceptional talent. One of the reasons I’m not panicking about Dave not extending his contract.

deafepl

Plus, Sam Johnstone is doing so well at West Brom, 3rd placed in the table. We could see them next season if they get promoted. The future goalkeeper is in safe hand.

If De Gea didn't sign a contract (i think he will even if he want to leave in summer), Dean Henderson may be getting chances to impress before we buy world-class goalkeeper for 70m+.

meamth

Lad is highly regarded. No surprise here. He may have to leave to establish himself into a top quality goalkeeper if Dave stays for edurnity.

GazTheLegend

Checked out his progress at Sheffield United and they all love him there!

He’s a proper character, and he’s currently a big part of why the blades are third in the championship. He’s one of those dudes that seem to make the rest of the team play better.

Came back to watch shrewsbury play lately - went down very well, he’s adored there and it’s not often loanees get an affinity for a club, lots of lads end up journeyman mercenaries, which is part of why I’m 100% sure he will get close to the top if not there (with us!)

Good luck Deano if you read this!

NYAS

I get the impression that those within the youth set-up at United are of the opinion that Henderson is clearly a bigger talent than Joel or Johnstone. Is this true?

By extension, where would you rank Henderson in terms of goalkeeping prospects to come out of our academy over the years?

J_XO

Whenever I've watched the Blades he always seems to pull of a great save or two. Very passionate lad, you can see the fans love him and want him to sign permanently. Wouldn't be a bad idea to loan him there again next season, especially if they are promoted.

marktan

Hopefully he does get promoted with Sheffield, watched the play-off final last season I think it was with Shrewsbury where he played really well but they lost, would be sad to get close again but not make it. From the bits I've seen of him I think he'll make a very good premier league keeper, very athletic and covers his goal well. Only thing I've not properly seen is how good he is with the ball at his feet, mainly because I haven't seen that much of him outside of saves.

AKDevil

Hopefully he does get promoted with Sheffield, watched the play-off final last season I think it was with Shrewsbury where he played really well but they lost, would be sad to get close again but not make it. From the bits I've seen of him I think he'll make a very good premier league keeper, very athletic and covers his goal well. Only thing I've not properly seen is how good he is with the ball at his feet, mainly because I haven't seen that much of him outside of saves.
Made a shocking mistake against Leeds earlier this season that cost them he game but has unreal mental strength and belief in his ability. Can brush things off like that as if they didn’t happen.