Gaming Death Stranding

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'd be pretty surprised if it actually came out in November considering we've still seen feck all actual gameplay.

Bojan11

So that means leak were right. Guess last of us is coming this year too.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
If Death Stranding, TLOU2 and Ghosts of Tsushima come out close together I may be diagnosed with gaming disorder.

padr81

Supports
Man City
If Death Stranding, TLOU2 and Ghosts of Tsushima come out close together I may be diagnosed with gaming disorder.
Was thinking the same thing. Gonna have to quit my job in anticipation.

Suv666

This will either be the best game ever or one of the worst ever. Huge fan of Kojima and the MGS series so hoping for the former. Will never forgive Konami for cancelling Silent Hills.

Suv666

recent work hasn't been good (after MGS4, MGSV).
Am I the only one who enjoyed MGS V?
Was certainly not as good as Snake Eater but a pretty amazing stealth game, which are so few now days.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have no idea what it’s about but I love it.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was certainly not as good as Snake Eater but a pretty amazing stealth game, which are so few now days.
MGS4 was pretty good on the first play through, bar one dodgy level.

V was just repetitive trash though.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
So that means leak were right. Guess last of us is coming this year too.
Jason shreier said its been internally delayed till feb next year and he is much more reliable than the spanish website where the leak came from.

Massive Spanner

Jason shreier said its been internally delayed till feb next year and he is much more reliable than the spanish website where the leak came from.
I'd take that if Death Stranding is November.

Man it's been a shitty year for games so far, though.

Massive Spanner

From reddit:

Travel between life and death

Save civilization in a desolate world that is plagued by supernatural dangers.

Life and death

Experience an adventure you've never seen before - from the legendary game designer Hideo Kojima. Play as the everyday Sam Bridges as he faces a deadly and mysterious world where death is lurking everywhere.

Death Stranding is a unique and unforgettable game with a star cast, including Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, Lindsay Wagner, Léa Seydoux and Guillermo del Toro.

What is Death Stranding?

The legendary game maker Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid) presents a groundbreaking action adventure. Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, Léa Seydoux and Lindsay Wagner play the lead roles in this new open world game for PS4.

In the near future, the entire world will be plagued by mysterious explosions and supernatural events called the Dead Stranding. Strange, deadly creatures appear everywhere and humanity is about to die out. Sam Porter Bridges travels through the destroyed no man's land to secure the future of humanity.

Survive unique challenges

Make sure you are armed and complete your missions to reunite a broken nation. Hold yourself under the weight of your cargo as you protect your things from bandits and try to evade frightening Stranded Things. Many people depend on you. Don't disappoint them.

Explore the world

The Decima engine generates a lifelike landscape that has been totally transformed by the Dead Stranding. Obstacles block your path and force you to find other routes, while supernatural elements change your environment.

Death is not the end

Dying means no 'game over' in Death Stranding. You then end up in a strange world and you have to find your own way back to the land of the living. Also be careful during battles. Killing your enemy is almost never the best solution. After all, every death has consequences.

Help other players

Help other travelers without meeting each other via asynchronous online gameplay. Send stuff, share safehouses and follow the routes of other couriers to restore civilization.
Sounds a bit shite to be honest :lol:

Kaos

The trailer still tells me absolutely nothing.

All I got from it was Daryl from TWD being a zealously dedicated delivery man with aliens and cultists thrown in for good measure.

As much as I love Kojima he is a mad bastard.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm slightly worried that gameplay is going to feel a bit samey. Usually Kojima games have some neat mechanics but I'm not seeing many here. Not using his own engine is probably an issue.

evil_geko

I loved MGS5 too, gone through it 3 times, like it much better than MGS4 for example, I like more actual gameplay in my games. ;)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I loved MGS5 too, gone through it 3 times, like it much better than MGS4 for example, I like more actual gameplay in my games. ;)
I played it for an hour or 2 before, maybe longer but then other things came up and I went back to it recently .. it doesn't delete your save and I can't remember wtf I am doing.

Art Vandelay

I thought 5 was fairly popular. Although I didn't like it at all.

When did you last play Snake Eater? I loved it back in the day, but when trying to play it a couple of years ago I became convinced that I must have been on acid when I was younger. The writing and controls are shocking. It's got some great ideas, but they are all so awkwardly implemented. I recall having to press several buttons and fire a shot to actually aim down sights. I dunno if it's just me, but attempting to play it again ruined my memory of it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He always has these great ideas and then somehow just fecks about for a few years without doing much. The early MGS games were great back in the day as it was something a bit new, the last couple have been average at best. He makes them into more a film than a game, and that being said, a film that makes very little feck sense, overcomplicates things so just he understands. I honestly don't get the hype surrounding him, I don't know why he just cant give us something more concrete with this Death Stranding thing. I think he wants to be a film maker and not a game dev anymore.

Each to their own obviously, I just don't understand it myself.
I'm no expert on him but from what I can tell, he makes something closer to art rather than just another game. I guess like a lot of things that lean that way it's not always going to appeal to everyone. Surely you can appreciate that it does appeal to some people though?

Even though I've barely played MGS games, I think it's great that someone is doing something different, especially when you consider the possibilities in gaming, and the surface has barely been scratched in that respect.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He's a bit of a star fecker these days, desperate to cross over into Hollywood. Touch of David Cage about him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's a bit of a star fecker these days, desperate to cross over into Hollywood. Touch of David Cage about him.
He always wanted to make games like a movie director, which is the part I hated about the MGS series. It felt like too much hand holding and excessive cut scenes to showcase his artistic ego.

Art Vandelay

I'm no expert on him but from what I can tell, he makes something closer to art rather than just another game. I guess like a lot of things that lean that way it's not always going to appeal to everyone. Surely you can appreciate that it does appeal to some people though?

Even though I've barely played MGS games, I think it's great that someone is doing something different, especially when you consider the possibilities in gaming, and the surface has barely been scratched in that respect.
I'm not sure how you'd argue it's closer to art than other games. It's one man's self indulgence allowed to run rampant, often to the detriment of the game. The same man then slaps his name all over it, often breaking your immersion to remind you he made it and the games industry can't wait to wank him off. At the end of the day it's still just a game though, it's no closer to art than Night Trap is.

Sweet Square

Kojima is about as artistic as Ron Jeremy and as original as Quentin Tarantino.

His games are a ton of fun but nothing more.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He always wanted to make games like a movie director, which is the part I hated about the MGS series. It felt like too much hand holding and excessive cut scenes to showcase his artistic ego.
MGS3 ruined him in this regard. It was the perfect amount of movie direction in a game. It was praised rightly to the heavens but then he disappeared up his own ass with MGS4 and they indulged his 90 minute cutscenes.

I'd absolutely argue that MGS3 deserves to be labelled as "artistic" for whatever that's worth. It's incredible.

Massive Spanner

i'm really not sure what the hell this is even going to be. Four or five years of development, a release date in sight and barely any actual gameplay or anything behind it. It just looks like a complete mess really. It's like Kojima got free reign from Sony, a bunch of B-list actors and went bananas with it and we're now stuck with some weird hybrid stealth or town building or something or other game.

Sweet Square

i'm really not sure what the hell this is even going to be. Four or five years of development, a release date in sight and barely any actual gameplay or anything behind it. It just looks like a complete mess really. It's like Kojima got free reign from Sony, a bunch of B-list actors and went bananas with it and we're now stuck with some weird hybrid stealth or town building or something or other game.
It going to be rubbish but fun. Kojima needs a tight time frame and most importantly a editor.

Also I expect hours beyond hours of cut scenes giving the backlash MG5(The best game in the series)got.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
MGS 5 mostly showed you cant please everyone. Everyone complained abut the cut scenes, so he threw out the cuts for constant gameplay. Weeehhh not enough cuts scenes.

I liked mostly all MGS games actually. Even that weird beat em up, what's it called again.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
MGS3 ruined him in this regard. It was the perfect amount of movie direction in a game. It was praised rightly to the heavens but then he disappeared up his own ass with MGS4 and they indulged his 90 minute cutscenes.

I'd absolutely argue that MGS3 deserves to be labelled as "artistic" for whatever that's worth. It's incredible.
Spot. MGS3 was a great great game, the right balance of every gaming element. MGS4 was hard to play because of those long ass cutscenes

Bojan11

He has put Geoff Keoighly in the game. Clown.

Watch it get good reviews now as good old Geoff is the hype master.

AaronRedDevil

I'm a massive kojima fan loved mgs 1-4. But idk about this game. everything I've seen seems really interesting and the gameplay seems really boring. It's like being in a biology class. I hope this game is great. But other then the cut scenes. Gameplay looks very long winded. It's like rdr2 without using the horse to travel. You gotta go everywhere on foot.

Art Vandelay

He has put Geoff Keoighly in the game. Clown.

Watch it get good reviews now as good old Geoff is the hype master.
He doesn't care about immersion at all, it's going to be full of him and his mates reminding you that it's all about Kojima. It's getting 10's no matter what, games journalists love Kojima for some reason. It looks like a Steam early access game.

I was genuinely waiting for Keighley to try kissing him or licking his face or something during the presentation. The way the cringey goon was leaning in and staring into his face while he was talking was pretty weird. Announcing Kojima had arrived in the building was cringey too.