December Friendlies against Cádiz and Real Betis

always_hoping

To be played in Spain December 7th and 10th.

(Open to correction) this is the list of United players heading to the world Cup.

England- Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Marcus Rashford

Denmark- Christian Eriksen

France- Raphael Varane

Brazil- Alex Telles, Fred, Casemiro, Antony

Portugal- Diogo Dalot, Bruno Fernandes, Cristiano Ronaldo

Argentina - Lisandro Martinez

Netherlands - Tyrell Malacia

Tunisia - Hannibal

Uruguay - Facundo Pellistri

That leaves this list to play in those friendlies.

Degea, Heaton,Dubravka, Lindelof, Jones, Wan Bissaka, Tuanzebe, Williams, Van Be Beek, Mengi, McTominay, Zidane Iqbal, Sancho,Martial, Elanga, Shoretire,Garnacho, McNeill etc should be involved if fit.

Last edited:

Robin

Not every player going to the World Cup will play and some will even go out in the group stage , so you never know

always_hoping

Erik Ten Hag

"These matches will help ensure that our whole squad is prepared for the resumption of club football after the World Cup, as we look to maintain our positive momentum into the second half of the season.

"The week-long training camp and matches against Cadiz CF and Real Betis Balompié will also provide an opportunity for some of our younger players to experience what it is like to train within a first-team environment as well as play against two competitive La Liga sides.”

“It’s a strange season. It’s not like usual as we have a World Cup but also players will stay behind," .

"We have to train them during those six weeks and we have to give them the right programme so they stay in the right fitness levels, but also they stay in the right shape and also in the team style.

“We made a programme to do that, as optimum as possible. So, we will train here [at Carrington] for one week, or eight or nine days, and then we will have a short break. Then we will train and go to Spain for a training camp for one week.

“There, we can train proper. We have good opponents over there so we can get the game practice in as well. Then we will return, ready for the second stage of the season, I would say, but a long stage, longer than usual.”

Boondog

Bored shitless and looking forward to those games. Want to see some of the kids like Iqbal & McNeill, hope they get some minutes.

Revaulx

That’s a real dog’s breakfast of a squad: first team regulars out of favour with their NTs or whose NTs haven’t qualified; barely remembered deadwood; promising youngsters. I’d forgotten Mengi was still around.

Raw

De Gea
AWB - Lindelof - Tuanzebe - Williams
McTominay - Iqbal
Donny
Sancho - Martial - Garnacho​

Defence is utterly woeful and midfield ain't so great either, but I'm interested in how the forwards will do. Sancho and Donny definitely need a kick up the arse.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
To be played in Spain December 7th and 10th.

(Open to correction) this is the list of United players heading to the world Cup.

England- Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Marcus Rashford

Denmark- Christian Eriksen

France- Raphael Varane

Brazil- Alex Telles, Fred, Casemiro, Antony

Portugal- Diogo Dalot, Bruno Fernandes, Cristiano Ronaldo

Argentina - Lisandro Martinez

Netherlands - Tyrell Malacia

Tunisia - Hannibal

Uruguay - Facundo Pellistri

That leaves this list to play in those friendlies.

Degea, Heaton,Dubravka, Lindelof, Jones, Wan Bissaka, Tuanzebe, Williams, Van Be Beek, Mengi, McTominay, Zidane Iqbal, Sancho,Martial, Elanga, Shoretire,Garnacho, McNeill etc should be involved if fit.
Have to say, I really hope Varane isn't fit enough to play any games for France. Really needs to be wrapped up in the proverbial cotton wool

OrcaFat

De Gea
AWB - Lindelof - Tuanzebe - Williams
McTominay - Iqbal
Donny
Sancho - Martial - Garnacho​

Defence is utterly woeful and midfield ain't so great either, but I'm interested in how the forwards will do. Sancho and Donny definitely need a kick up the arse.
That team should be able to compete, I feel. I really don’t rate Donny but I’m very happy to see him get 180 mins in a 8/10 hybrid and I’ll just pray for the guy to step up.

lex talionis

I’m looking forward to these matches. But it’s still mind-boggling that De Gea was left out of the NT. I’ll be watching closely to see how amazing their keepers are.

Remember the geese

I'd probably play something along the lines of this. There are a few positions there that are far from ideal, so perhaps one or two players who may exit the World Cup early can be involved.

De Gea
Jurado
Lindelof
Fredricson
Elanga
McTominay
Mainoo
Shoretire
Sancho
Martial
Garnacho

Wouldn't bother wasting time on the likes of Wan Bissaka, Tuanzebe, Williams and Van de Beek.

Last edited:

Chumpsbechumps

It’s mad when you think about it, it’s actually a second pre season friendly period in the one season. When teams finish up at end of May most seasons it’s usually mid July when they are back.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I'd probably play something along the lines of this. There are a few positions there that are far from ideal, so perhaps one or two players who may exit the World Cup early can be involved.

De Gea
Jurado
Lindelof
Fredricson
Elanga
McTominay
Mainoo
Shoretire
Sancho
Martial
Garnacho

Wouldn't bother wasting time on the likes of Wan Bissaka, Tuanzebe, Williams and Van de Beek.
Like the team but feel the formation is too narrow.

always_hoping

Jadon Sancho not in Manchester United squad for warm-weather training camp. Club say he's continuing individual training programme in effort to return to highest level. Sancho has been training in the Netherlands with coaches recommended by Ten Hag.

WirralRed

Jadon Sancho not in Manchester United squad for warm-weather training camp. Club say he's continuing individual training programme in effort to return to highest level. Sancho has been training in the Netherlands with coaches recommended by Ten Hag.
Wonder what’s going on there? Would have thought Ten Hag would have wanted him with him.

Boondog

Wonder what’s going on there? Would have thought Ten Hag would have wanted him with him.
One reason a manager would do that is to specifically work on shit that the entire team won't be working on. Allowing intensive focus to improve in that narrow desired area. Like an off foot, dribbling, fitness issues, etc.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
not entirely sure what the point of this is, given most of the team will still be at the WC. I suppose MUTV have to show something slightly more interesting than the test card (for those old enough to remember such a thing!)

Zetrio2002

Best friend lies ever. We get to watch many youngsters play for once.

Coops73

Best friend lies ever. We get to watch many youngsters play for once.
My best friend lie ever was there’s a bird called a Moorhen but I told my friend that they were called Ganoo Ganars, years later she went to work at a pub called the three Moorhens and asked her boss why was it called the three moorhens when the sign had three Ganoo Ganars on it.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Looking forward to these, cant wait to see what ETH has been doing in the time away.

Beaucoup

Most of the 2nd years coming back for the youth cup, so I doubt they will feature

Glorio

Looking forward to these, cant wait to see what ETH has been doing in the time away.
I'd temper my expectations if I were you, these are mostly youngsters with the sprinkling of fringe players plus Garnacho and Martial.

Even Sancho won't be there

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'd temper my expectations if I were you, these are mostly youngsters with the sprinkling of fringe players plus Garnacho and Martial.

Even Sancho won't be there
You also have players like de Gea, McTominay, Van de Beek, Lindelöf, Wan Bissaka and Elanga who have a big part to play in the squad and maybe gain some undivided attention from the coaching staff. Some of the other youngsters like Savage, Iqbal or Shoretire, who are on the fringes of the first team might make an impression as well.

Black Alabaster

Some of the other youngsters like Savage, Iqbal or Shoretire, who are on the fringes of the first team might make an impression as well.
And don't forget Mainoo! Very excited that ETH is really getting quality time casting his eye over him now since he was left off the pre-season tour and wouldn't be able to catch the managers eye.

Mainoo is very physically advanced for his age already and at 17 is still obviously shooting up, he could be quite massive would love to see what ETH does with him positionally at #6 or #8. Could be a great Casemiro deputy learning from his game.

Hoping he will feature in both games and do well enough that he might be blooded later this season.

jeepers

Is Joaquin still playing for Betis?

[Edit] Answering my own question, yes he is at 41 years young. More reason to watch the Betis game now.

Last edited:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm keen to see how the fringies look in these games. I'm also very glad we managed the win against Fulham as it would have been shite having to see a shite result in righthand panel on the caf for all this time.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Sancho isn't playing in these games is he? He's still doing dedicated training sessions in the Netherlands, right?