Declan Rice | Switches international allegiance to England four years ago

cyberman

Again, does his best work when it’s backs against the wall and flood midfield.
Can’t see how he would provide any service to Mbappe and Kane at all. Best to avoid

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The way he plays vs a top team vs an average team fr west ham is great. until he moves he will alwaYs be a player i enjoy watching.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Rice and Bellingham tell us something about the quality of players around. It's not just an English thing, but the current crop all over the world are a particularly disappointing vintage. I'd say we are currently seeing the worst generation of footballers I'm aware of. Compare the best U28 year olds to those a decade ago and then a decade before that and so on. They really are rubbish. I'm not saying Bellingham isn't a really good young player, but he's not exactly the next Robson, Gazza, Gerrard or Scholes. Rice is even less of a stand out. I'd take a young Carrick over Rice any day of the week.
If this tells us something is the influence and of state of media which blow everything out of proportion, make superstars out of decent but not the real world class talents in their country, especially British media have a tradition of sensationalization and desperately need get more clicks/reads so they get enough of money from advertising to survive.

There are other aspects like overvaluation of such players, partially driven by media as well and the amount of money the league is flooded with, especially from the TV rights, there's certain amount of reciprocity in this.

On the other hand you have your usual romanticising and nostalgia about the older days and giving too much credit to the past kind of thing..

Bebestation

Hate this bullshit people say about the english media overhyping english players. When did fans rating players
turn in to the media? All sports need media to show the sport & they are showing the most competitive league in the world.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
English media massively overhyping Rice, as per the usual. He isn't particularly good.

Bebestation

Been the main reason england had chances internationally. anyway looks like antony got overhyped by the brazil/dutch media
:lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I actually think next to Casemiro he would be fantastic
Not for the type of football ETH actually wants us to play. We need to get a lot better at keeping and progressing possession under pressure and pairing Rice with Casemiro wouldn't help in that regard at all.

You can see the type of midfielder ETH wants in his love for FDJ and you can see the type of midfielders that have previously best complemented Casemiro in Modric/Kroos. Rice is entirely the wrong profile on both counts.

Mike Smalling

"Nobody likes you!". What kind of elementary school crap is that :lol: ?

Rice seems like a real Big Time Charlie that has bought into his own hype. I'd take Højbjerg over him any day of the week.

Rolaholic

Posting here since there's seemingly no Rice thread I the transfer forum anymore for some reason