Declan Rice

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Contract expires this summer according to transfermarkt. Should we get him? Can we get him? Will we?

That is all. Needed a thread!

Ekeke

Did a good job against us in his holding role in midfield. But we have an overstock of central midfielders and I havent seen him at CB.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Would be rice if we got him, we've been off the boil lately when teams coming steaming into old trafford.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
It's the curse of the protracted battle of the nations. Propelled Jack Grealish to the dizzy heights of a Championship relegation battle with Villa and complete radio silence from his country of choice. Let's see how Dec gets on. I've liked what I've seen so far. Lot's of composure and a willingness to get on the ball, pretty impressive for a 19 year old in a key position for a side under pressure.

Red00012

He’ll most likely sign a new contract he’s only on 3k a week, they gave him an opportunity so he’ll probably repay them unless they get relegated.

Irrational.

What happened to that other world beater that West Ham had on their books? Reece Oxford?

Far too soon to take a punt on the kid. Not convinced he's that good anyway, he just looked like prime Gennaro Gattuso because he was playing against a tree and incey wincey spider.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Think about it he’s playing centre mid for a PL club with the crazy money going around he’s well entitled to look for it . David Meyler is on 13K with Reading.
So he isn't repaying them then. He's doing what's good for himself which is perfectly fine. No need to dress it up as him doing some favour to the club. He isn't much good anyway, he's looked completely lost in half of his games.

Red00012

So he isn't repaying them then. He's doing what's good for himself which is perfectly fine. No need to dress it up as him doing some favour to the club. He isn't much good anyway, he's looked completely lost in half of his games.
If he wasn’t /isn’t repaying them he’d leave. Asking for more money doesn’t really mean he isn’t , just wants to get a decent wage for a PL player.

limerickcitykid

If he wasn’t /isn’t repaying them he’d leave. Asking for more money doesn’t really mean he isn’t , just wants to get a decent wage for a PL player.
He wouldn't get a game at a better team. He isn't repaying them. He's just doing his job. Demanding a huge rise to stay, even if it's in line with the norm, isn't some act of heroics to repay West Ham. Its what every single player does. He isn't repaying anyone.

Red00012

He wouldn't get a game at a better team. He isn't repaying them. He's just doing his job. Demanding a huge rise to stay, even if it's in line with the norm, isn't some act of heroics to repay West Ham. Its what every single player does. He isn't repaying anyone.
He’s 19 not many 19 year olds start for top PL clubs , he’s got potential from what I’ve seen of him, he can play centre back but think his better as a midfielder. I didn’t say it’s a heroic act he’d easily get a lot more if he wanted to leave for a bigger club.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Neither have I, can't understand why Southgate is so keen on him. He looks like a fish out of water.
Probably to just give him caps so he can’t decide to play for Ireland again in the future in the case he comes good.

Classical Mechanic

Probably to just give him caps so he can’t decide to play for Ireland again in the future in the case he comes good.
Doubt it. When have England ever sought to cap tie a player? Wales and Ireland maybe but I can't recall England doing it.

I think Rice has looked pretty good in that DM position in the couple of games I've seen him play this season and those central midfield spots are where England are lacking most at youth level. The lad is has Irish heritage on his fathers side but English on his mother's. He was born and raised in England so its easy to see why he might switch.

cyberman

They tried this with Zaha as well.
I don't even think he needs a cap, its not as if he or Grealish would be accepted back to Ireland after the paperwork is done.
Grealish could end his career with 0 England caps. None.

Classical Mechanic

They tried this with Zaha as well.
I don't even think he needs a cap, its not as if he or Grealish would be accepted back to Ireland after the paperwork is done.
Grealish could end his career with 0 England caps. None.
This didn't happen. Zaha waited for three years for England to call him up again before he switched. If England wanted to cap tie him he would have been.

limerickcitykid

Doubt it. When have England ever sought to cap tie a player? Wales and Ireland maybe but I can't recall England doing it.
They've just tied Grealish to England so hardly unfathomable.

When have Ireland or Wales ever tied someone for the sake of tying them? If they are good enough to worry about losing then they'll be regulars of Ireland or Wales.