Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
If WHU get CL football somehow not too sure he will move. Why would you.
Well if West Ham get CL he would still move just not to United. Chelsea in 3rd could and should tempt him to leave.
Why won't he unless West ham play hardball and make it difficult .
I don’t think they’d be able to refuse an offer from Chelsea on sporting terms.

BlueHaze

Not sure I'd agree, I've seen him live several times as well and tbh he stands out like a sore thumb every time. There was a game at OT a few years back he came on after about an hour as a teenager with the game lost and he was really good as a 18/19 year old. Sure we beat them 2-1 the following season as well and he was the best player on the pitch. He's one of them players who gets better every time you see them.
Really? Your description makes it sound like I've been watching someone else or perhaps you've seen him on his better days. As I said he is definitely a good midfielder but not a single game I've seen from him warrants that £80m fee or whatever it is. I swear when Harry was at Leicester there were people who talked him up too and we ended up getting robbed.

thebelfastboy

The more i watch him play the more i'm convinced he's the midfield Harry Maguire.

He's big and he's english.

He even looks like our captain doofus.

Stay away please.
Totally agree. Said these exact words to my dad tonight (he disagreed and would throw £150m at him.... Dad's a lunatic btw)

We need people who are more comfortable on the ball and crucially; without a crazy price tag hanging over them.

Tielemens yes please ..

LJJT

There’s no chance he’s coming to United even if we want him. He’s a southerner and wants to stay down south as he said to G Nev recently

Rolaholic

Would be a good signing but not for West Ham's asking price, 60-70m would be more than fair

SAF is the GOAT

He's bloody overrated and I won't pay 100m for him, he's not worth it and we need some of that money for other positions

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I am wary of unnecessarily rating English talent but Rice does look really good in the 6. Of course he makes mistakes but generally his benchmark is to a high level.

goptun

Would love him, but West Ham will rinse any buyer. We've got so many problem areas we need to sort out that we can't afford to drop £100m+ on one player. Right player, wrong time sadly.

MacGlock88

I would like to see Rice signing. I think he will help shore up the midfield and be an improvement. Large sums will be involved, but that’s the way it goes. Young enough to have a decent transfer fee OUT, too.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I would like to see Rice signing. I think he will help shore up the midfield and be an improvement. Large sums will be involved, but that’s the way it goes. Young enough to have a decent transfer fee OUT, too.
Except that's the exact thing we said about Maguire, that he'd "shore up the backline" and is "durable and dependable". 80m later we got absolutely fleeced for a mediocre defender

Valencia Shin Crosses

As far as Rice goes, he's developed into a quality player but my god he's not worth 80m unless we kept Pogba and he unlocked him like Kante does for France.

Our seeming fascination with English players at smaller clubs ready to bend us over a barrel gets old I have to admit.

Hell it would have been great business to get him in on some sort of swap for Lingard + cash last summer but that would have been way too shrewd of business for us.

NZT-One

As far as Rice goes, he's developed into a quality player but my god he's not worth 80m unless we kept Pogba and he unlocked him like Kante does for France.

Our seeming fascination with English players at smaller clubs ready to bend us over a barrel gets old I have to admit.

Hell it would have been great business to get him in on some sort of swap for Lingard + cash last summer but that would have been way too shrewd of business for us.
I hope, that when United and Rice are really that keen on each other, than some swap deal can be thought of. Henderson and/or Lingard plus cash as long as it it below 40 mio would be fine in my eyes. I am sure the player wouldn't flop at United. But somehow I am pretty suspicious that he will be 100 mio good for us. But still, if the club identified him as the perfect player for the upcoming plan and system, and we can somehow make sure, that his aquisition doesn't block other necessities, then lets go.

AFC NimbleThumb

With Pogba going & the profile of midfielder we already have at the club he makes no sense if signed in isolation.

The thought of Rice & McTominay on a weekly basis. . .

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I hate this Rice is Maguire racist sh*t. I never rated Maguire and I rate Rice. Maguire was like 4 or 5 or 6 years older than Rice when we signed him aswell.

Its weird how people can say such things with ease but if I said that Tchouameni is nothing but a mix of the next Schneiderlin & Djemba Djemba then people would get more protective about what's been said.

MacGlock88

Yea he is enjoying his time there, good place to learn. He should be in no rush to leave right now.
I agree with this.
London boy, at a London Club.
Captain and the main man.
No Rush.

I would be very careful with regards to my next move. And what to expect from the Club/Team I am going into.

UpWithRivers

Dont West Ham have that new Czech billionaire? Ok they are not Saudi rich and he only owns part of it but point being West Ham have money behind them. They are chasing top 4 and Rice is WEst Ham through and through so wont make too many waves so they will not sell for cheap. I think everyone thinks Moyes 100 mill was a joke but I dont think he was joking. Maybe a bit less - 90-100 mill. Are we just going to blow our whole transfer budget on him when we need a second midfielder and a striker etc etc etc

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I'd be very keen on signing him. He's a defensive monster and I'm fed up of teams having a free run at our defence being left constantly exposed. He also seems a natural born leader who we don't have enough of and I could easily see captaining us. Finally he also has it in him to beat players going forward with his dribbling very underrated which will free up more opportunities for others

Telsim

Dont West Ham have that new Czech billionaire? Ok they are not Saudi rich and he only owns part of it but point being West Ham have money behind them. They are chasing top 4 and Rice is WEst Ham through and through so wont make too many waves so they will not sell for cheap. I think everyone thinks Moyes 100 mill was a joke but I dont think he was joking. Maybe a bit less - 90-100 mill. Are we just going to blow our whole transfer budget on him when we need a second midfielder and a striker etc etc etc
I'm pretty sure that deal isn't through yet. Maybe they'd want to sell him quickly before they are gone so they can pocket some of the money? :D

United in sin

I like Rice and over the last few seasons I've been keen on United making a move for him but not anymore. United as usual have failed to act quick enough and his stock has gone up to the point where I see no value in spending exorbitant amounts for his services based on the rumored mooted transfer fee West Ham would demand. Rice is not the only player in his position that can possibly do a job here.

Is anyone not concerned that the club's PR machine is seemingly pushing these links to Rice as a marquee signing before even announcing our next permanent manager?

There's no smoke without fire, it seems united want Rice and Rice likely wouldn't be against the idea of playing for us. This would be a club signing 100% and could backfire if the next manager doesn't fancy him

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Did anyone see yesterday when he got pressed by like 2 or 3 players in to a tight spot and he dribbled out away from them so quickly and precise? It was towards the end of the game.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If we want him we have to pay 100m. Simple as that.

We definitely need a big rebuild for next season, with so many players going to leave in summer (Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood, Martial, Pogba, Lingard, VDB, Matic etc)...

So on top of spending 100m, we probably need another 5 or 6 players more, which probably includes another striker, WF, midfielder, FB and CB... that could brings our total transfer budget to 350-400m this summer.

Good luck to that.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
United overpaid for Maguire and he's been a massive flop. Should we repeat the same mistakes for other players simply because they're better?
All big teams overpay for fellas to kick a football.. none of them are really worth that kind of money.

The market will dictate what Rice goes for and in todays money 100 mill is becoming more normal isnt it?
fecking lukaku has generated some massive fees and hes shit - didnt stop people paying for him.

Rice is a good player and will do well at United if he joins and I dont really care what his fee is - better spent on players anyway than in the Glazers pockets

Idxomer

He is running his contract down if they don't sell him for a somewhat reasonable price.

cyberman

We really need to learn a lesson. The best way to judge Rice is against other sides similar or slightly less than West Ham and he even cedes midfield control to those clubs as well.
This isn’t us. We need players all round the pitch to press and push up on the opposition.

Hammondo

All big teams overpay for fellas to kick a football.. none of them are really worth that kind of money.

The market will dictate what Rice goes for and in todays money 100 mill is becoming more normal isnt it?
fecking lukaku has generated some massive fees and hes shit - didnt stop people paying for him.

Rice is a good player and will do well at United if he joins and I dont really care what his fee is - better spent on players anyway than in the Glazers pockets
There is nothing on the market that supports him being close to 100m.

Hammondo

We really need to learn a lesson. The best way to judge Rice is against other sides similar or slightly less than West Ham and he even cedes midfield control to those clubs as well.
This isn’t us. We need players all round the pitch to press and push up on the opposition.
I agree to an extent, I just think we need multiple new midfielders and if we have a partner for him good enough, we can dominate midfield more with time.

cyberman

I agree to an extent, I just think we need multiple new midfielders and if we have a partner for him good enough, we can dominate midfield more with time.
But I just don’t think Rice would work in a pressing midfield because if the way he sits so deep. The gap between he and the rest would be a huge disadvantage. People keep talking about how improved he is his season but the West Ham back 4 aren’t getting any protection and they’re struggling in midfield every other week.

davidmichael

With Kessie, Kamara and Brozovic all available on a free this summer we have a chance to completely rebuild our midfield in signing one or two of them plus Rice.

I’m still torn on what to do with Pogba but if he leaves then that’ll most likely be Pogba, VDB, Matic, Lingard, Mata and Pereira all leaving which would leave us with just Fernandes, McTominay, Fred, Mejbri and Garner which simply isn’t anywhere near enough.

If we have to pay £80-£90 million for Rice then brought in Kamara and one of Brozovic or Kessie added to Fernandes, McTominay, Fred, Mejbri and Garner then that’d be enough variety and quality and it’s actually realistic financially too.

Rolaholic

With Kessie, Kamara and Brozovic all available on a free this summer we have a chance to completely rebuild our midfield in signing one or two of them plus Rice.

I’m still torn on what to do with Pogba but if he leaves then that’ll most likely be Pogba, VDB, Matic, Lingard, Mata and Pereira all leaving which would leave us with just Fernandes, McTominay, Fred, Mejbri and Garner which simply isn’t anywhere near enough.

If we have to pay £80-£90 million for Rice then brought in Kamara and one of Brozovic or Kessie added to Fernandes, McTominay, Fred, Mejbri and Garner then that’d be enough variety and quality and it’s actually realistic financially too.
Brozovic is on the verge of signing an extension with Inter according to the Italian papers.

The other 2 would be shrewdish moves along with Rice. Been disappointed that we haven't looked into Kessie much when he'll be available on a free, can't let Barca get free reign on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.