Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No one is paying that. It's basically a club saying we don't want to sell our best player.

copen1945

Great player but you could literally buy 3 for the quoted fee...

Even half would be a bit much. Still would love him in the team but for 60-70m max
If he ever wants to play somewhere else, he will have to run down his contract. He has three more years left, so he will be 26 or thereabout. Good luck to him.

caid

Great player but you could literally buy 3 for the quoted fee...

Even half would be a bit much. Still would love him in the team but for 60-70m max
I really hope its bullshit. We should have moved on from this years ago. Its clearly, blatantly obvious that we wont get him without overpaying by an outrageous margin.

Mainoldo

I really hope its bullshit. We should have moved on from this years ago. Its clearly, blatantly obvious that we wont get him without overpaying by an outrageous margin.
I think £80m will do it.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I don’t want to pay over 50m for anyone this summer - we have too many holes to fill.

Surely we’ve learned our lesson with these types of signings. We need to become more savvy in the market.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
WH are having a laugh, they need a big dose of reality. Chelsea can’t sign him, United won’t sign him at that price. Perhaps city might look at him for Fernandinho’s replacement but not at that price. Liverpool won’t at that price. Who do they think is going to pay that? The only thing that will happen is that Rice will stay and run his contract down

Hughes35

WH are having a laugh, they need a big dose of reality. Chelsea can’t sign him, United won’t sign him at that price. Perhaps city might look at him for Fernandinho’s replacement but not at that price. Liverpool won’t at that price. Who do they think is going to pay that? The only thing that will happen is that Rice will stay and run his contract down
He signed a 5 year contract in 2021 so is tied down with them until 2026........ Slapping that price on him is just saying "He is not for sale". They could keep him another 2 years and then still sell him for extremely good money.

A little like Kane, If he wanted to move he shouldn't have signed a 5 year deal.

caid

They dont want to sell him. The entire point is no one will pay that. Were the ones who need a big dose of reality, this signing isn't happening.

We should have completely and utterly dismissed this signing years ago

I think £80m will do it.
He isn't even worth that.
I have no idea why anyway. They turned down 65m from Chelsea 2 seasons back when he was much less established. Moyes was calling the 100m transfer fee from last season a bargain that would no longer be accepted a couple of months back

Dolf

He signed a 5 year contract in 2021 so is tied down with them until 2026........ Slapping that price on him is just saying "He is not for sale". They could keep him another 2 years and then still sell him for extremely good money.

A little like Kane, If he wanted to move he shouldn't have signed a 5 year deal.
Really dumb move. It’s like he is saying ‘I don’t want to move’ and WH screaming ‘I don’t want to sell’.
Yet we keep pushing for him?
Besides, is there any other club even interested in him? For more than 60 mill?

If we buy Rice for a stupid amount like we did with Maguire then we really need to replace our entire board

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This was always going to be the issue.

He's too valuable for West Ham to sell at a fair price, and not that amazing to spend £100m+ on him.

It's better to look elsewhere in the short term. maybe in 2 years when his contract is lower it'll be possible.

I suspect this is all paper talk anyway. ETH will have his own targets.

kopviolator

Of course he wont go for 150m. Its a play by WH stating that to buy him this summer the offer has to be high compared to what they will get for him anyway nex summer. No reason to let him go on the cheap with three years left on his conract.

caid

For that money he should have been a superstar like Haaland or Mbappe at 20 and he would have moved to spain or City
Mbappe is a unique player, there isn't really an alternative to him. I can understand stupid valuations for him or someone like Neymar. Rice isn't.

Dolf

Mbappe is a unique player, there isn't really an alternative to him. I can understand stupid valuations for him or someone like Neymar. Rice isn't.
Exactly my point.
Rice is a good player but nothing special.
Yes he would improve us but we would be stupid to spend a crazy amount on him.

Speako

It’s looking like a good plan this. Sell and release 11 players, buy Rice, knock down Old Trafford, play at Heaton Park. Start a Cricket Team. The future’s bright.

redshaw

I doubt we'd get involved over 75m and would be looking at 65-72m. I expect the new manager might not want such spending on one player and has other ideas.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
Ive always thought Declan Rice is more Carrick than Scholes/Gerrard/Lampard.

Whoever pays 100m for his is getting burnt.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
If Rice is 150mil then what would've Roy Keane in his prime cost today? 1 billion?

Mad price which we should never ever consider paying.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm personally of the opinion that we'll never pay a ridiculous sum of money for a single player again, we've got a 1/4 success rate with huge fees. The 1 being Sancho and even that feels like I'm really pushing it. I'd sooner see us liquidate the club than pay £150m for Rice, you can get it for about 70p at Tesco.

Mike Smalling

No chance we pay that without CL football.
Silver lining of missing out on the CL then.

If we pay £150m for Rice, I might just give up on this football club. Might be the most ridiculous number I have ever seen in a transfer rumor. Even if we paid just half of that, I would have major concerns. West Ham and Rice are doing everything to pump up the price of a player that is decent enough, but nowhere near world class.

romufc

Its quite clear he wont leave West Ham this summer, if the starting price is £150m, no amount of negotiations will bring it down to £60m which is what he is worth tops.

Paying more than £60m for a DM is a joke when there is players like Kamara and Tchoumeni for a free. Add to that Neves and Tielemans are available for £30/40m.

I think Rice is going to have to see his contract out, probably wont get a move to a bigger club.

AaronRedDevil

His price will be halved after next season and he's basically free in 2 seasons. By then he'll be 25. We can absolutely wait. No mid is worth that much. A cdm should be £50m max.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Its quite clear he wont leave West Ham this summer, if the starting price is £150m, no amount of negotiations will bring it down to £60m which is what he is worth tops.

Paying more than £60m for a DM is a joke when there is players like Kamara and Tchoumeni for a free. Add to that Neves and Tielemans are available for £30/40m.

I think Rice is going to have to see his contract out, probably wont get a move to a bigger club.
I get what your saying, but I don't believe we can get such midfielders for that price.

We got Fred for 50 and Matic for 40.

The price is increased not just due to the players worth but because of the rich money orientated club we are.

Rice is nowhere near worth £150 million; but I think 50-70m will be the cost of our midfielders if we do sign them no matter who they are or from. The only thing that may reduce that is a players contract length.

romufc

I get what your saying, but I don't believe we can get such midfielders for that price.

We got Fred for 50 and Matic for 40.

The price is increased not just due to the players worth but because of the rich money orientated club we are.

Rice is nowhere near worth £150 million; but I think 50-70m will be the cost of our midfielders if we do sign them no matter who they are or from. The only thing that may reduce that is a players contract length.
I do get where you are coming from but when there are options in the market for less, it makes no sense paying over the odds when we need alot more than just him.

If we had a team and Rice was a missing piece, then its different.

Status
Not open for further replies.