Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Bang average. Ironically not as good as Matic when he’s in form.

I just don’t see it with him.
Next time you watch him. Just look out for certain things.

Positioning off the ball (Ability to sense danger)

Passing (Don’t look at his range. Look at his ability to receive the ball and play it with both feet)

Leadership (Not shouting but how he demands the ball and how he plays the game for others, indicating where the ball should go)

dinostar77

Just like Grealish i think hes unaffordable at present. Hammers will want circa £60-£80mil for him. British, young and they dont like us. Alot depends on where WH finish the season.

I'd like him and Grealish but its more likley to happen in FM than real life.

gajender

Passing (Don’t look at his range. Look at his ability to receive the ball and play it with both feet)

Leadership (Not shouting but how he demands the ball and how he plays the game for others, indicating where the ball should go)
I think he is a Brilliant young player who is ready to step up and about the bolded part I believe he has it in his locker to play expansive passes as well , he would be great addition as defensive Midfielder for us such an obvious transfer target for us should not be missing out on him.

Okey

Well there's a pretty good audition coming up at lunch time. If he can help fire the fresh-legged Hammers to a run-ending performance against the best midfield in the world, his stock should rise even higher.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Matic + Jones + Lingard + James + £20M should be enough deal for Rice, West Ham would be happy with that offer.
:lol: I'm sure West Ham would rather have the money to spend on players that are actually good.

Matic would be shifted on because he doesn't have the legs for PL anymore so why would West Ham want him either? Plus his wage would be massive.

Jones is perma-crocked and makes zero sense.

James doesn't improve their wide options when they already have the likes of Fornals, Benrahma, Bowen.

The only one that makes any sense is Lingard - who probably knocks ~£10m off a £60m+ asking price.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

You've just described what we're looking for at CB and I would happily have him there tbf

Mainoldo

You've just described what we're looking for at CB and I would happily have him there tbf
He’s far from a CB anymore and we lack pace at the back. Lindelof can pass and reads the game very well.

GoldTrafford99

Wow.

It couldn't be more obvious how good this guy is gonna be.

Reminds me a lot of Bryan Robson, natural leader, always has massive game impact, whether on or off the ball.

If Rice isn't playing for one of the biggest five clubs in the world in the next two years I'd be shocked. I personally see him signing for United... there's a Declan Rice-shaped hole in the United squad...

SwedishFish

:lol: I'm sure West Ham would rather have the money to spend on players that are actually good.

Matic would be shifted on because he doesn't have the legs for PL anymore so why would West Ham want him either? Plus his wage would be massive.

Jones is perma-crocked and makes zero sense.

James doesn't improve their wide options when they already have the likes of Fornals, Benrahma, Bowen.

The only one that makes any sense is Lingard - who probably knocks ~£10m off a £60m+ asking price.
10 million? Not with the form he's displayed at West Ham lately.

I'd say Lingard + 50 million should seal it. Maybe slightly below even.

dinostar77

Disagree, his qualities transfer perfectly to an elite CB, he's not lacking pace IMO either.
He offers a level of tactical flexiblility that few other players can do properly. His ability to drop into the CB position means a team that is capable of doing so, could switch between a back four and back 3 during a match.

cyberman

Same boat. If our midfielders played for West Ham we would be amazed at them as well.
United are a different beast. We have seen Rice struggle as a ball playing midfielder for England, playing for West Ham in battling performances is different than being tasked to help fluidity when having to break down the lesser sides for 90 percent of the season.
Lingard is a prime example of this. All of a sudden he isnt playing against low blocks every week and hes flying

Mainoldo

Same boat. If our midfielders played for West Ham we would be amazed at them as well.
United are a different beast. We have seen Rice struggle as a ball playing midfielder for England, playing for West Ham in battling performances is different than being tasked to help fluidity when having to break down the lesser sides for 90 percent of the season.
Lingard is a prime example of this. All of a sudden he isnt playing against low blocks every week and hes flying
Great logic you have to wonder if Park Ji Sung played for Lille if he too would have looked like Eden Hazard.

RUCK4444

Wow.

It couldn't be more obvious how good this guy is gonna be.

Reminds me a lot of Bryan Robson, natural leader, always has massive game impact, whether on or off the ball.

If Rice isn't playing for one of the biggest five clubs in the world in the next two years I'd be shocked. I personally see him signing for United... there's a Declan Rice-shaped hole in the United squad...
Wow you just compared Declan Rice to Bryan feckin Robson? Robbo? Really?

He’s just a slightly above average DM.

Look at his performance against us a few weeks back. Did nothing, absolutely nothing of note.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He offers a level of tactical flexiblility that few other players can do properly. His ability to drop into the CB position means a team that is capable of doing so, could switch between a back four and back 3 during a match.
Well we practically play back 3 with Matic sometimes, when in possession. Rice don't drop into back 3 in the games much, he stays in midfield but yeah they defend in deep blocks. Is that really an advantage. Have we ever palyed any good football with back 3. You know the answer.

For me he's a decent talent but his passing is not much better than Eric Dier's to make any bigger impact from our playmaking or keeping the ball in midfield and his defensive contribution is pretty good but he palys in deep block with very defensive set up and Souček next to him who is as good defensively. People who want him to play sort of 4-1-4-1/4-1-2-3 will be hugely disappointed, he plays in a double pivot and is a workhorse player. He's not even technically/passing wise better than Fred. But he's 22 and if he works hard over years he can certainly develop into a decent player.

His price tag would be huge now though.

RUCK4444

Exactly. I’d love him to be the answer to our DM problem, I’ve been banging on about DM’s here for years, I just don’t see Rice being that player.

Like you said there is a big difference battling and scrapping in a West Ham midfield to having to bring Manchester United’s midfield together and improve it.

If we get him he will be an overpriced and overpaid player that won’t really elevate the position within the starting 11.

I mean can we even say Rice has been better than McTominay this season?
I’m not saying Scott is definitely the better player as I think we do need improvements at DM, however his ceiling looks as high as Rice imho.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
10 million? Not with the form he's displayed at West Ham lately.

I'd say Lingard + 50 million should seal it. Maybe slightly below even.
He's 28, out of contract next summer and not very good. 3 or 4 good games doesn't change much at the moment.

Considering I said £10m off a probable £60m asking price, Lingard + £50m is what I was also suggesting.

cyberman

Great logic you have to wonder if Park Ji Sung played for Lille if he too would have looked like Eden Hazard.
This post doesnt make sense. We have literally seen him struggle with playing the ball out for England.
History is full of players who excel at middle clubs and struggle when theyre asked to do more at a higher level. His passing range isnt there but thats ok, he has an equally limited passing range with each foot apparently.

UmbroDays

Whilst I have no examples hand, we can get his skill set from Europe for probably 1/4 of the price.

He looks terrible for England but better for the Irons. He’s solid player but just doesn’t exude pure class to me; not yet anyway.

AgentSmith

He's 28, out of contract next summer and not very good. 3 or 4 good games doesn't change much at the moment.

Considering I said £10m off a probable £60m asking price, Lingard + £50m is what I was also suggesting.
We’ll easily get £10 million for Lingard.

Probably closer to £20 million if he maintains this current level.

Wayne's World

This. He's basically Morgan Schneiderlin and I remember everyone creaming themselves on here over him. It was always Wanyama who was the one impressing me and we decided to go for Schneiderlin who was a bang average, low level midfielder.

If you are buying any midfielder from West Ham, I'd take Soucek over Rice everyday of the week.

Mainoldo

This post doesnt make sense. We have literally seen him struggle with playing the ball out for England.
History is full of players who excel at middle clubs and struggle when theyre asked to do more at a higher level. His passing range isnt there but thats ok, he has an equally limited passing range with each foot apparently.
Can’t say I watch England so I can’t argue that point.

There’s literally no history of this as you’ll find many players who move to ‘bigger’ clubs come from a ‘lesser’ club.

Take any club but let’s say Real Madrid.

Ramos - Sevilla
Benzema - Lyon
Varane - Lens
Modric - Spurs

It’s a silly argument.

Mr. Ant

I would definitely buy him, but only for a reasonable amount of money. When does his contract expire?

I like his positioning a lot, he's not slow, he can dribble and his passing is a lot better this season than it was last season.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Zoo

I want Rice here but he will cost a fortune. It will be interesting to see what happens with him as he’s good enough to be playing for a CL team.

AgentSmith

How is he playing today just out of interest
Hasn’t stood out in particular but West Ham are playing brilliantly as a collective, of which he’s obviously an integral part. They look really defensively sound while a constant threat on the counter.

Probably a game where a lot of the good work he’s doing goes unnoticed by the camera.

Drainy

I reckon a summer of him plus a striker who can consistently score for us would be a great one in the circumstances we're living in.

That said, the talk was he doesn't want to leave London..

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Hasn’t stood out in particular but West Ham are playing brilliantly as a collective, of which he’s obviously an integral part. They look really defensively sound while a constant threat on the counter.

Probably a game where a lot of the good work he’s doing goes unnoticed by the camera.
I actually disagree, he’s certainly caught my eye today. Had a brilliant first half.

AgentSmith

I actually disagree, he’s certainly caught my eye today. Had a brilliant first half.
Yeah that was probably an unfair assessment tbf, poorly worded. I meant more the whole team performance has looked good of which he’s an important part.

Lingard and Coufal have been the stand-out players for me. Rice and Soucek have definitely helped provide the platform though.

Judas

Open to offers
He's a great player, but for the price West Ham will want, we'd probably be better off looking to Europe for a cheaper option unless we can get a good deal.

He'll play for a top club and so many on here will ask "why weren't we in for him?" after happily slagging him off when he was at a lesser team. It's very predictable.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'll say it again, I like him. Not 80m like him, but he's better than our #8s and #6s.

RUCK4444

This. He's basically Morgan Schneiderlin and I remember everyone creaming themselves on here over him. It was always Wanyama who was the one impressing me and we decided to go for Schneiderlin who was a bang average, low level midfielder.

If you are buying any midfielder from West Ham, I'd take Soucek over Rice everyday of the week.
Yup. I agree on Soucek as well, he’s the better player. Still wouldn’t want him either.

We should set the bar higher than these players.

Hawks2008

Coming along nicely but £70m+ is just too much for a DM, I would be disappointed if he was a priority over a new striker or centre back.

Champagne Football

Liverpool signed Jordan Henderson when he was 20. He was a laughing stock for about 5 years before suddenly becoming one of the most influential players in the league.

Rice is one of those players. He'll eventually get to the very top through sheer hard work and being a natural leader.

But I think West Ham will keep pricing everyone out of a move similar to Harry Kane at Spurs or Grealish at Villa. They'll want to hold onto him.

GoldTrafford99

Wow you just compared Declan Rice to Bryan feckin Robson? Robbo? Really?

He’s just a slightly above average DM.

Look at his performance against us a few weeks back. Did nothing, absolutely nothing of note.

Hold on, you're trying to debate how a good a footballer is by asking me to look at one game?

Wow. Talk about narrow-minded.

And, eh.. by the way, Rice has already achieved more than Robson at the exact same age... More Top Division appearances. More goals. More England caps.

But don't let comparing two players at the same age when one player has finished his career spin your head too much.

RUCK4444

Hold on, you're trying to debate how a good a footballer is by asking me to look at one game?

Wow. Talk about narrow-minded.

And, eh.. by the way, Rice has already achieved more than Robson at the exact same age... More Top Division appearances. More goals. More England caps.

But don't let comparing two players at the same age when one player has finished his career spin your head too much.
No stop writing and think. Your here telling me Rice is better than Brian Robson, captain feckin marvel. Just no. Not in any universe should they be compared for any reason whatsoever.

Robbo would run rings around Rice, levels and levels between them, chasms, oceans, galaxies between them...

I used United game as an example, but it’s the same most games with him, tidy player, grafter, but nothing worth paying anywhere near what West Ham would want for him. And he wouldn’t have an impact here. I’ll cancel my account if we sign him and he turns out to be as good as a one legged Robson.

Status
Not open for further replies.