Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Meh. Can't judge him based on his game. He's playing against a bunch of drunkards.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Get him. Him and McTomminey in midfield should give us the needed tenacity and work rate we need. Then we can even afford play an "artist" alongside them.
What a bleak future that would be.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We've actually made them look good. Not sure he's what we need at all..

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Didn't see much from him aside from pashiun. Would be a waste at the price.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Best performance I’ve seen from him. Looked like a man looking to impress.

I think he’ll be in United colours next August.

NoLogo

What a bleak future that would be.
Why? Did you ever watch him play? The guy can actually play a good opening pass compared to Matic who takes ages these days to do anything. A midfield trio with two hard workers who aren't completely shit at opening play and a truly creative outlet would imo work splendidly for us. Pogba bith those two protecting his back would be amazing imo. If we can add to that an attacking trident on with the quality of Liverpools there is no need to think this would be a bleak looking team.

Ekeke

Good performance but as I said earlier, he was part of a team that dominated us. He didnt do it alone.

Anderson, Lanzini and Noble also took on the gauntlet got on the ball a lot and caused problems

the hea

Impressive performance from him. Haven't watched a lot of West Ham games this season but if this is the level he's been playing at all season he would definitely be a good addition to our midfield.

IhabX7

His fitness levels and determination are really impressive.

Art

Art the artist
He bossed it in the center. Amazing in the air and quite quick too. This will be a signing that will help us out massively because of his versatility to play in CDM and CB. A Fergie signing if there ever was one.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Been saying for a while that we should sign him. He's very good. Think he'd be an even better CB.

ivaldo

Why? Did you ever watch him play? The guy can actually play a good opening pass compared to Matic who takes ages these days to do anything. A midfield trio with two hard workers who aren't completely shit at opening play and a truly creative outlet would imo work splendidly for us. Pogba bith those two protecting his back would be amazing imo. If we can add to that an attacking trident on with the quality of Liverpools there is no need to think this would be a bleak looking team.
Yes. He's a decent ball winner and his ability on the ball is no better than any other average PL midfielder. His talent has been massively blown out of proportion. Your issue is using Matic as a yard stick. The bloke has been shot for over a year. We struggle to create now, having Mctominay and Rice together would be so underwhelming.

Jim Reaper

Rice as DM would be great. He can also cover at CB and when playing as a DM he really understands the defensive aspect.

Carrick could work wonders with him.

Kaglish10

We have our own MCTominay who didn't play today. Anderson and Noble looked good too.

Having both MCTominay and Declan Rice in the squad would be an overkill. Besides, Fred is defensively astute also.

We are better off with a playmaking no 6 than Declan.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He was great at keeping their attacks going by just bossing that area when we cleared the ball centrally. Got a fair bit of pace on him too.

Technically seems a bit limited but he'd be better than Matic that's for sure.

NoLogo

Yes. He's a decent ball winner and his ability on the ball is no better than any other average PL midfielder. His talent has been massively blown out of proportion. Your issue is using Matic as a yard stick. The bloke has been shot for over a year. We struggle to create now, having Mctominay and Rice together would be so underwhelming.
Maybe you are right and someone like Neves/Bruno Fernandes instead of Rice would be better going forward but we also have a serious problem of being passed by in midfield, I feel we need two players midfield 3 who can actually shield the defense and McTomminey with a bit of development looks like a player who can have some attacking impact.

The problem that I simply have with two mainly creative players in our central three midfielders is that it would only work if we played like City and I don't see Ole as the type of manager who implement such a playing style.

Prodigy24

Did well but anyone would play well against us today after that performance. Don't see what's so special about him though.

Ekeke

4 tackles, 2 interceptions, 1 clearance

3rd most passes in West Ham team (57), 87.7% pass accuracy

2 successful dribbles, 1 attempted shot

Nick7

Thought he was the best midfielder today and we needed someone like him

Aloysius's Back 3

Maybe you are right and someone like Neves/Bruno Fernandes instead of Rice would be better going forward but we also have a serious problem of being passed by in midfield, I feel we need two players midfield 3 who can actually shield the defense and McTomminey with a bit of development looks like a player who can have some attacking impact.

The problem that I simply have with two mainly creative players in our central three midfielders is that it would only work if we played like City and I don't see Ole as the type of manager who implement such a playing style.
This.

We need a player like Neves or a controller of the tempo of the game played by having someone like Rice doing the grit & dirty work.

Art

Art the artist
What people don't keep in mind whilst calling him an average midfielder is the kid is 20. Freaking 20 and he plays like hes a seasoned veteran. Like someone said earlier, he will be amazing for us with Carrick coaching him. He's got what it takes to make the step up for us.

Ekeke

This.

We need a player like Neves or a controller of the tempo of the game played by having someone like Rice doing the grit & dirty work.
Neves gets help from Wolves combative midfield with Moutinho and Dendoncker both averaging 3 or more tackles a game. He wouldnt have had any of that help today from Pogba

El Jefe

Fecking hell he's a player ain't he.

I always thought the nickname Basmati Busquets was just a joke but other off the ball he's exactly like Busquets. He moped up everything and it seemed like he won all 50/50s.

Now while he's nowhere near as good as Busquets in his passing or dribbling, he's very efficient in the use of the ball, he keeps the game ticking very well.

Great talent and he's just 20. I'm on the Rice train.

beingshe7don

It's hard to imagine that Declan Rice is only 20. The guy covered every blade of grass today. I think if United could buy smartly and go after Declan Rice and Bruno Fernandes who the big teams aren't considering. We could get them and also spend money on a RB and CB and possibly a RW.

ivaldo

Matic is the reason why we are so easily bypassed in midfield. Today, we simply didn't have a defensive midfielder. Sort out our DM and we can then afford to play someone like Neves, who puts in a shift anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.