Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art

Art the artist
------------------Fernandes----------------

---------Pogba------------------------------

--------------------Rice---------------------

Both Rice and Fernandes are hardworking while Paul can pull the strings.

NoLogo

Matic is the reason why we are so easily bypassed in midfield. Today, we simply didn't have a defensive midfielder. Sort out our DM and we can then afford to play someone like Neves, who puts in a shift anyway.
Just out of courisity who would you like us to get for our DM spot or do you think McTomminey got that nailed down for the future?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Get him. Him and McTomminey in midfield should give us the needed tenacity and work rate we need. Then we can even afford play an "artist" alongside them.
Maddison in the advanced role, feeding an attack of Lingard, rashford and zaha. Jones, smalling, wan-bisaka and Shaw at the back, Henderson in goal. #BrexitMeansBrexit

Nick7

Noble was a close second. The two of them bossed it and were unlucky to end up on the losing side.
Definitely. Don't think Noble was much worse. Pretty neck and neck for them being the most impressive on the pitch

Jacob

Must admit I rarely pay full attention when I watch United games. Having said that, I saw nothing of note coming from Rice. We do not need more unremarkable players.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
We need to be aiming for more technical quality in a midfielder given what he would cost. Good performance today but nothing groundbreaking, don't understand heap of praises being showered upon him? Pretty sure if he wasn't English this thread wouldn't see this much activity.

Ekeke

Must admit I rarely pay full attention when I watch United games. Having said that, I saw nothing of note coming from Rice. We do not need more unremarkable players.
Thats exactly what we need. Players who do the dirty work that the "star players" are lacking

Nick7

We need to be aiming for more technical quality in a midfielder given what he would cost. Good performance today but nothing groundbreaking, don't understand heap of praises being showered upon him? Pretty sure if he wasn't English this thread wouldn't see this much activity.
I'm Irish, I should hate him. He was head and shoulders above our midfield in all aspects of the game today.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I'm Irish, I should hate him. He was head and shoulders above our midfield in all aspects of the game today.
Not difficult given how crap we were today. Having said that, given our formation and lack of a proper DM both Fred and Pogba played well today.

Suv666

Naa mate we need a destroyer someone who can snuff out attacks and shield the defence. Rice would be perfect for that role.

Ekeke

Not difficult given how crap we were today. Having said that, given our formation and lack of a proper DM both Fred and Pogba played well today.
No, they didnt. We made ourselves very easy to play against, thats why West Ham dominated us and had good chances

Jacob

Thats exactly what we need. Players who do the dirty work that the "star players" are lacking
We shouldn't need to do dirty work. We need mobile, intelligent players with an eye for a pass. He isn't terrible but I wouldn't have him over someone like Rodri simply because he's British.

Suv666

He has been impressive all season though, class performance against Arsenal too.

Ekeke

We shouldn't need to do dirty work. We need mobile, intelligent players with an eye for a pass. He isn't terrible but I wouldn't have him over someone like Rodri simply because he's British.
I wouldnt either but Rodri is much harder to get. And Rodri does a good amount of that dirty work.

Nick7

Rice put in a proper defensive midfield performance today though?

Don't think Fred or Pogba played particularly well. I think they were OK, but should be a lot better.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I can actually see him being very good in a Spurs style double pivot. Next to a press resistant midfielder that can help in build up and good fullbacks who can provide quality in the final third I think he could be very good. Covers the ground and can plug gaps when others get forward.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
We need to get Zaha and Rice.
Zaha has the ba**s to run at defences and Rice can break down opposition attacks.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
How much would he cost? Would be worth a gamble at the right price.

stubie

Genuinely fail to see what all the hype is about with this player (average at best imo)

I’ve seen players of similar age like Ruben Neves destroy him in the midfield

A poor mans McTominay

Vanya

It's not about how good he is now. He's only 20 and he can read the game like an experienced pro.

His passing ability is excellent and very underrated.

If we don't pick him up in the summer, someone else surely will.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Just out of courisity who would you like us to get for our DM spot or do you think McTomminey got that nailed down for the future?
It's dependant on what happens with Herrera. Someone like Weigl would be my thinking.

United Pro

He was very good today tbf to him. Great at breaking the play, calm in possession and dribbled through midfield well. Impressed, but I do worry about his ability on the ball given that we will have far more possession of the ball compared to West Ham.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
What people don't keep in mind whilst calling him an average midfielder is the kid is 20. Freaking 20 and he plays like hes a seasoned veteran. Like someone said earlier, he will be amazing for us with Carrick coaching him. He's got what it takes to make the step up for us.
Thank feck someone has pointed this out. His positional sense and maturity are fantastic for his age. Nothing seems to faze him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Was he really that good today? I think our inept passing was more responsible for the balls he won than whatever defensive skills he has.
There were a few situations where it was more his desire and speed that allowed his interception rather than sloppy passing. Most notably in the two times against Fred and Martial.

Zoo

I hope we get him. He’s going to be a top player.

NoLogo

It's dependant on what happens with Herrera. Someone like Weigl would be my thinking.
I don't think he is defensively strong enough tbh. Dortmund brought in Witsel and Dealany this season to address that problem but just Weigl in there wouldn't look much better than we do with Matic right now since he has about the same mobility and pace as Matic.

lawliet354

I'm surprised of how two-footed he is tbh, seems to have no problem doing quick pass with both feet, and that's always a good thing for a DM

ivaldo

I don't think he is defensively strong enough tbh. Dortmund brought in Witsel and Dealany this season to address that problem but just Weigl in there wouldn't look much better than we do with Matic right now since he has about the same mobility and pace as Matic.
Can't agree with that. On the ball he's on another level to Matic currently, and I think you're underestimating just how immobile Matic has become.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Genuinely fail to see what all the hype is about with this player (average at best imo)

I’ve seen players of similar age like Ruben Neves destroy him in the midfield

A poor mans McTominay
They play in midfield and are young and that's all they have in common.

It's a futile comparison.

NoLogo

Can't agree with that. On the ball he's on another level to Matic currently, and I think you're underestimating just how immobile Matic has become.
Granted he could barely be as bad as Matic but remember that he is having a hard time breaking into the first team of Dortmund this season so it's not as if he is doing brilliantly right now. I also think a midfield with Weigl + Pogba would still be very vulnerable defensively.

ivaldo

Granted he could barely be as bad as Matic but remember that he is having a hard time breaking into the first team of Dortmund this season so it's not as if he is doing brilliantly right now. I also think a midfield with Weigl + Pogba would still be very vulnerable defensively.
Ok, fair enough, but I still think combining Mctominay and Rice would be far too passive.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he’s a decent talent who could make the step up. I’m just not sure his talent matches the type of fee he’d command.

Status
Not open for further replies.