Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think you would see links to more of that type player IF there was a strong sense that Pogba was going to leave whereas at the moment it all seems to point to him staying but could well run his contract down next season
Were not brave enough to sign a player like that and sell Pogba. We'll keep him and make do with our options.

I do like Pogba a lot but our midfield needs a revamp with or without him

Mr Smith

Lets just buy both then. Rice as 6 and Yves doing the Biz at no 8.:wenger:
How much is that an upgrade on Scott and Fred really? Rice is obviously much stronger defensively and may be a little better on the ball than Scott, but I've not seen anything from Bissouma to say he's much better than Fred, and I'm one of Fred's strongest critics.

croadyman

Were not brave enough to sign a player like that and sell Pogba. We'll keep him and make do with our options.

I do like Pogba a lot but our midfield needs a revamp with or without him
Yeah there is no doubt our midfield could really do with a revamp with both a new 6 and 8 but let's face it that isn't going to happen as we have at least two other big holes in the first XI at CB & RW to address

roseguy64

Still feel the same if Jesse is involved in the deal?
Regardless of what happens with Rice, Jesse's sale should be independent. He should choose where he wants to go once whichever teams meets the asking price. We can't get stuck in a Rice/Lingard transfer swap that holds up other business. Separate deals unless it works out that it suits us best.

amolbhatia50k

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't understand this ? Why are WH hopes diminishing if they are able to use one of their players to make a deal with us ? Also which other player are they considering using him as part of? Sorry, find those very confusing !
The feeling at West Ham is that if United sell Lingard this summer they will use him as a makeweight in a deal for another player. So it doesn't seem like we're interested in Rice.

amolbhatia50k

The feeling at West Ham is that if United sell Lingard this summer they will use him as a makeweight in a deal for another player. So it doesn't seem like we're interested in Rice.
Ah okay, it was strangely worded. That makes sense. But tbh focusing on a swap/make weight deal for Jesse seems rather ambitious given so many things have to work out - player wanting the move, club wanting the move, finding a middle ground - so surprised we'd take such a stance unless we already have a potential club/other player in mind.

I do hope Jesse gets the move he wants and continues to do well. Huge moment in his career too if he can kick on.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ah okay, it was strangely worded. That makes sense. But tbh focusing on a swap/make weight deal for Jesse seems rather ambitious given so many things have to work out - player wanting the move, club wanting the move, finding a middle ground - so surprised we'd take such a stance unless we already have a potential club/other player in mind.

I do hope Jesse gets the move he wants and continues to do well. Huge moment in his career too if he can kick on.
I've replaced the first tweet with one that hopefully makes more sense..

Ludens the Red

How much is that an upgrade on Scott and Fred really? Rice is obviously much stronger defensively and may be a little better on the ball than Scott, but I've not seen anything from Bissouma to say he's much better than Fred, and I'm one of Fred's strongest critics.
Honestly mate, it’s chalk and cheese. Bissouma is a much much better player than Fred. So much more comfortable on the ball and has all the defensive attributes too. It would be a gigantic upgrade Rice and Bissouma ahead of McFred. That’s no disrespect to either player.

amolbhatia50k

Strange one. Jesse to Real in exchange for Varane it is then.
:lol: I do wonder who all will be on the market for Lingard. Do they think the player we've seen in the second half of this season is how he should be valued, or his last few years at United will make clubs wary to spend a decent fee on him? Personally think he's got just the right thing happening at WH and I could see him falling flat at a club where he doesn't have all going for him.

RkkMan

https://theathletic.com/2591005/202...ague-dream/?amp#click=https://t.co/IO53EnO1xf

The journo is the West Ham correspondent for The Athletic.
Reckon this may increase our chances of including Lingard in a deal for Rice. If they are as desperate to keep him as anticipated after the impact he's had but are facing problems doing so including him in a player plus cash deal for Rice with a sizeable fee up front will help ease any financial strain they'd have doing so. If West Ham had gotten top 4 getting Rice would have been a lot more difficult IMO

Trequarista10

Reckon this may increase our chances of including Lingard in a deal for Rice. If they are as desperate to keep him as anticipated after the impact he's had but are facing problems doing so including him in a player plus cash deal for Rice with a sizeable fee up front will help ease any financial strain they'd have doing so. If West Ham had gotten top 4 getting Rice would have been a lot more difficult IMO
Agree, in fact I think a swap deal involving Lingard is the only chance we have of signing Rice. He's going to cost a lot of money and will likely have his choice of clubs.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The Athletic correspondent is reporting that the feeling at West Ham is that United want to use Lingard in a deal with another player at another club.

SATA

Seems like we have another CB or DM in mind if we aren't pursuing Rice anymore. Would have thought he will be a cert as he can cover both positions well

RkkMan

The Athletic correspondent is reporting that the feeling at West Ham is that United want to use Lingard in a deal with another player at another club.
It says Rice isn't the "only player" meaning he is on that list of those players and the one I feel is the favorite. I don't see any clubs outside England being that keen on Lingard. Dortmund maybe if we're VERY lucky

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It says Rice isn't the "only player" meaning he is on that list of those players and the one I feel is the favorite. I don't see any clubs outside England being that keen on Lingard. Dortmund maybe if we're VERY lucky
I've just read the article and it states the following. (below)

The Athletic reported last month "that Manchester United would explore a deal for Declan Rice if West Ham wanted to make Lingard’s loan permanent, but the 22-year-old England midfielder is not the only player who is being considered for such a part-exchange move".

It doesn't seem like we're prioritising Rice and West Ham aren't prioritising Lingard if the article is anything to go by. The journo also states that United will try and use Lingard in a deal for Harry Kane but Daniel Levy will likely price United out of a move. The journo also goes on to say that there's numerous clubs chasing the signature of Lingard.

RkkMan

I've just read the article and it states the following. (below)

The Athletic reported last month "that Manchester United would explore a deal for Declan Rice if West Ham wanted to make Lingard’s loan permanent, but the 22-year-old England midfielder is not the only player who is being considered for such a part-exchange move".

It doesn't seem like we're prioritising Rice and West Ham aren't prioritising Lingard if the article is anything to go by. The journo also states that United will try and use Lingard in a deal for Harry Kane but Daniel Levy will likely price United out of move. The journo also goes on to say that there's numerous clubs chasing the signature of Lingard.
The journalist is a West Ham correspondent so that bit on Kane take with a pinch of salt and every man and his dog knows Utd's plans to sign a ST have been shelved with Cavani staying so that part was likely adding 1+1
And the article didn't definitively say each club isn't prioritizing the other TBH after the impact Lingard has had West Ham would be crazy not to want to keep him permanently it'll be a problem financially for sure but they'll try hard and it's been mentioned not just by The Athletic Rice is a player Utd like if Lingard can't be used as a Makeweight elsewhere(which is likely as I don't see any club outside England being that keen on him BVB maybe if we're VERY lucky) it won't be a major shock if we try and get Rice with Lingard

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The journalist is a West Ham correspondent so that bit on Kane take with a pinch of salt and every man and his dog knows Utd's plans to sign a ST have been shelved with Cavani staying so that part was likely adding 1+1
And the article didn't definitively say each club isn't prioritizing the other TBH after the impact Lingard has had West Ham would be crazy not to want to keep him permanently it'll be a problem financially for sure but they'll try hard and it's been mentioned not just by The Athletic Rice is a player Utd like if Lingard can't be used as a Makeweight elsewhere(which is likely as I don't see any club outside England being that keen on him BVB maybe if we're VERY lucky) it won't be a major shock if we try and get Rice with Lingard
The article clearly mentions that Moyes is prioritising a striker. The journo also states West Ham have money to spend but want to spend the bulk of it on a striker.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The article clearly mentions that Moyes is prioritising a striker. The journo also states West Ham have money to spend but want to spend the bulk of it on a striker.
I'd be surprised, Antonio is a pretty solid striker for their level IMO. Maybe they want more depth but he's a big player for them.

RkkMan

Yeah I did see they want to do that but I'd still be mightily shocked if Lingard on a permanent deal isn't high on the agenda after buying Benhrama for £25m(!!) in January just to open up space for Lingard on loan who's had a huge huge impact on and off the pitch for them. Would be a lot of cash down the drain for them

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
It doesn't seem like we're prioritising Rice and West Ham aren't prioritising Lingard if the article is anything to go by.
Hard to say. Are you refering to the article from 8th of April in The Athletic?

That starts of by stating «OGS holds a keen interest in Rice» and that it is expected that Man Utd will explore the possibilty of using Lingard in an attempt to sign Rice.

It also says that «Signing Lingard on a permanent deal will be the priority for Moyes.»

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hard to say. Are you refering to the article from 8th of April in The Athletic?

That starts of by stating «OGS holds a keen interest in Rice» and that it is expected that Man Utd will explore the possibilty of using Lingard in an attempt to sign Rice.

It also says that «Signing Lingard on a permanent deal will be the priority for Moyes.»
The article is from today which references the April article you mention. But it also states that West Ham' s chances of signing Lingard are fading with West Ham prioritising the signing of a striker.

I signed up for a 7 day free trial.

MU655

I think we should go for Neves, myself. Great shot, defensively good, very good passer. He also only has two seasons left on his contract.

Rice looks like a good player, but his contract isn't up until 2024. The club also have a 1 year option.

ThemanGiggsy

Would prefer a CDM that makes us move away from the double pivot and lets pogba play beside Bruno. Will Rice allow that to happen?

RUCK4444

I think we should go for Neves, myself. Great shot, defensively good, very good passer. He also only has two seasons left on his contract.

Rice looks like a good player, but his contract isn't up until 2024. The club also have a 1 year option.
Although Neves certainly isn't a bad player I also think he's been massively overrated purely down to a handful of long rage goals.

He's quite an average player overall imo.

macheda14

Would prefer a CDM that makes us move away from the double pivot and lets pogba play beside Bruno. Will Rice allow that to happen?
Very few players exist to make that happen. There’s a reason City haven’t replaced Fernandinho. Very difficult to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.