Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackAttackAttack

I like rice but I don’t think he is what we need. We need someone who can dictate play from deep when we control 90% of our games and that’s not rice. It would be nice to have someone like him as an option but for his price, no thank you. I’ve heard people say rice will allow us to play a midfield three with him, Pogba and Bruno but I don’t see that happening. Pogba probably is off in a year, we haven’t implemented a 4-3-3 system (although there are rumors ole wants to), and it’s a huge gamble to spend that much on rice when we aren’t even sure it will allow Pogba and Bruno to play together in a midfield 3.

KennyBurner

How much do you think we would get for him?
Nothing less than 50 if we ever decided to sell but thats just the starting price. I would say he is worth 65 with 2 years left on his contract.

Martial is still a top player and just 25. Can play as a striker and left forward. Last season was very underwhelming but you still couldn't possibly think he is worth just 35 million pounds. Its madness.

Judas

Open to offers
Nothing less than 50 if we ever decided to sell but thats just the starting price. I would say he is worth 65 with 2 years left on his contract.

Martial is still a top player and just 25. Can play as a striker and left forward. Last season was very underwhelming but you still couldn't possibly think he is worth just 35 million pounds. Its madness.
He'd need to put in one hell of a season for anyone to pay 65m for him, for heavens sake :lol: I think some Utd fans live in a bit of a bubble when it comes to Martial. He's really not that highly rated outside of this fanbase much these days, probably fairly so truth be told sadly.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Seriously, take a reality check, no one is going to pay that sort of money regardless of what sort of contract we decided to give him.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Hmm I think 35-40 in current market is fair for Tony.

Abraxas

He won't be going for anywhere near that because only clubs of our stature can pay those figures and what club is going to do that for a guy that has scored 1 goal in 20 odd appearances for France and just had an embarrassing season for a Man Utd forward player? We have to hope he picks up form to even think about selling the guy, that's how bad his stock is. Nevermind 60 mill, that's just to shift him most likely.

Right now all Martial is to a CL side or even decent Europa side is a gigantic punt that would only be taken for a fee that corresponds with that. A player with a bit of talent that struggles to work hard and put consistent seasons together. Vastly overpaid as well which makes it even harder to get the guy shifted for good money. At 60 million Martial may cost a club 100 million over a contract, that's cuckoo land.

To be honest if you could shift Anthony for 60 mill I would immediately say you should have Matt Judge's job because that is miracle work.

Oranges038

He is not a top player. He's got the talent, he just chooses not to apply himself to maximising it. Would be lucky to get half of what was paid for him and that would be a generous offer based off what we've seen from him for the last 6 years.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

With the salary he is on currently he is not going anywhere, even for free. Only the top top clubs can afford that salary and he is not good enough for them.

sp_107

Rice is not really appealing to me, He is same as Mactominay level I guess,

I think Carmavinga / Brojovic can be a better option

Hammondo

I think 50 is the max we could get for him. Demand will be low and his wages are high.

Champagne Football

Martial is still a top player and just 25. Can play as a striker and left forward. Last season was very underwhelming but you still couldn't possibly think he is worth just 35 million pounds. It's madness.
The thing is that I think we have decided to sell Martial, but I reckon no one will touch him with a barge-pole when they realize the wages he's on at Utd. Similar De Gea. So just have to stick with them and pretend they are not for sale to protect their dwindling values. .

I'd love to have Rice at Utd but unless we could shift Fred and Lingard together, or Pogba, then I don't see it happening. Rice has leadership qualities that would boost the dressing room, and he's that kind of player that midfield opponents hate playing against. His vision and passing is underrated too. But happy to stick with Fred if that's what we have to do.

lysglimt

Scout
West Ham-fans wanted Lingard and Rice to play together next season - would be somewhat ironic if they did, at United.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Sell Dalot, Jones, Lingaard, James and Martial. That should be enough for Rice (even though I would not want him here).

Dalot 20m
Jones 5m
Lingaard 25m
Martial 35m
=85m Euros
That was numbers from some newspaper mentioned and transfermaket. But ok, how much do you think a club would be for Martial? I can't see any club, maybe Inter, even being interested of him, and i would be surprised if we sell him for 35-45m+add ons.

A-man

I haven’t followed the rumours around him lately, but now I saw a little here and there that Chelsea are interested. Anybody who knows more? (Abraham plus money was one rumour)

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Rice seems to have his head screwed on ... probably realises he wouldnt get games ahead of kante and jorghinio... pep would never pick him head of rodri and he would be fabhinos understudy at liverpool so yeah if i wanted a wage inrease to stay in the uk, get regular games and have a crack at the Cl / title id probably fancy united... though equally likely somebody has just made up a story based on the same logic

Infra-red

We could probably buy Locatelli and Saul for the same fee as Rice. He simply isn't good value in the context of the players who are available this summer.

KennyBurner

Rice seems to have his head screwed on ... probably realises he wouldnt get games ahead of kante and jorghinio... pep would never pick him head of rodri and he would be fabhinos understudy at liverpool so yeah if i wanted a wage inrease to stay in the uk, get regular games and have a crack at the Cl / title id probably fancy united... though equally likely somebody has just made up a story based on the same logic
He was never a target for any of these clubs with the exception of Chelsea and even they aren’t delusional. There is not a single top team outside England that plus a first team midfielder who isn’t comfortable on the ball.

Rolaholic

Would have him over Neves or Saul in a heartbeat but not for the money West Ham would be asking for :lol:

Maybe if we manage to have a few sales first but still find it hard justifying 60-70m pounds for him...

hobbers

Could get any two of Camavinga (if he wanted to come here), Bissouma and Ruben Neves for the price of Declan Rice..... of course we're not interest.

El-Manos

For £30-35m id take the risk but the money West Ham are demanding is ridiculous. Nobody will pay that for him.

bosskeano

West Ham effectively priced him out of any move at all which is completely in their right to do as he's under contract

Matthew84!

60m is a fair price, well in todays standards anyway, anything more is ridiculous and perhaps even 60m is too much.
We want players who actually likes and wants to play for us, not someone who wants Madrid or Psg and is just biding his time for a season or 2,
Nevas is reportedly close to 50m depending on what you believe. He's far to slow but good passing.

Tarrou

I think 35 is about right too

8thWonder

If we wanted to sell him, then he's definitely not going for upwards of 50m, who on earth would pay that in this market for him after the season he's just had?

Talented? Of course. Potentially a fantastic player, but based off the season just gone, we definitely couldn't ask for what he's 'worth' if we wanted to sell...

If this were true, small amount of faith in our scouting and analysis department restored.

You'd think they've learned at least a little something from the AWB deal.
I don't get it?

Could get any two of Camavinga (if he wanted to come here), Bissouma and Ruben Neves for the price of Declan Rice..... of course we're not interest.
Again, I don't get it. We've literally being linked with both Neves and Camavinga in the last week? Of course no one knows who we are after if any but that's a really random moan...

KennyBurner

but that’s what always happens

Chelsea get loads and we get peanuts

partly because of the contracts we hand out
That I agree with. I think the contract we gave was excessive and he hasnt lived up to it. This is really his last season and it has to be amazing.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Tammy Abraham hasn't spent the last twelve months playing like some god awful hybrid of Gary Birtles and utd era Falcao

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We could probably buy Locatelli and Saul for the same fee as Rice. He simply isn't good value in the context of the players who are available this summer.
Apart from we won’t be buying Locatelli because he doesn’t want to leave Italy and has his heart set on juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.