Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He will just end up as an overpriced overrated player like Maguire and AWB

TonyMUFC87

The more I watch Declan Rice, the more this thread becomes laughable. How anyone can think he’d not be perfect for United . He’s 22 and so good already.

Ollie Derbyshire

He’s looked very good this season, his short passing is miles better than our midfielders, he definitely looks more in control of them that’s for sure.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Fantastic performance today, he keeps improving!

Fornals has been MotM though for me crazily enough, I always think he looks bang average normally.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's just that some people can only rate or understand a footballer and what he does with the football.

Rice has shown he can do bits and pieces with the ball be it goals, assists and even great passes like today's to Benrahama-

However, Rice at his best is not what he does with the ball; it's what he does when the opposition has the ball.

The guy is just repositioning everywhere to the point that it stops the attacks happening and building up - he doesn't even have to tackle, he is there before the attack has been initiated.

Absolutely great to watch.

I remember watching England in the Euro's and wonder how we could go matches without the opposition really attacking us. West Ham players as as whole have been magnificent this season and its definitely not all on Rice - but boy when you watch him do you understand where that protection comes from. The attackers can really struggle to get to an important attacking area before Rice has.

He has read it before you and you have to change your plan.

Great player and I find him a joy to watch.

choccy77

Rice has the number 1 stats for a midfielder in the PL and yet people are still saying he is no good for UNited but love Fred and McT

Clueless

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Rice has the number 1 stats for a midfielder in the PL and yet people are still saying he is no good for UNited but love Fred and McT

Clueless
that graphic was just the west ham team not the whole league :lol:

Brophs

The One and Only
Guessing your Irish.

Mental opinion. Rice is one of the best midfielders in the league.
I get the assumption but an awful lot of us Irish have been the ones saying for years that he’s going to end up playing every week for a top club. For me at least, it was pretty evident that he was on a different level to our other players and was only going to skyrocket from there. As for playing for England, he made the right choice if he feels English. No need to dwell on it.

izec

He is very good, but pur problems run deeper. If you think Declan Rice himself makes us suddenly a good team, then you are clueless.

He can make a difference in small margin games, but we are completely off everywhere on the pitch. He'd be gassed in a month time here. Having said that, he is a massive improvement on what we have in CM/DM. But a new manager would need to get him and integrate him in his system, as Ole would just throw him in and hope for the best and overplay him without giving two shits about fitness and injuries, see Maguire, Bruno, Rashford and Shaw.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Get him in ASAP. We will probably try to sign Bellingham all summer and get quoted 140mil. The Dortmund chairman will mouth off. Rice will join Chelsea. Then in summer 2023 we will sign Bellingham for 100mil and be shocked that he isnt a DM.

choccy77

that graphic was just the west ham team not the whole league :lol:
I posted that before a graphic.

Sky posted one earlier he had best stats in League no?

I only saw it briefly on Sky, but he was number 1 in all of the stats.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He is very good, but pur problems run deeper. If you think Declan Rice himself makes us suddenly a good team, then you are clueless.

He can make a difference in small margin games, but we are completely off everywhere on the pitch. He'd be gassed in a month time here. Having said that, he is a massive improvement on what we have in CM/DM. But a new manager would need to get him and integrate him in his system, as Ole would just throw him in and hope for the best.
He would make a huge difference. It would be like upgrading Pereria/Lingard with Bruno.

We dont have a DM bar a past it Matic.

Deery

Dreary
I think he’s a decent player but £100m for a DM any DM not only Rice is crazy to me, surely a similar midfielder can be found for a fraction of the price on the continent.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Thought he was alright, but another game where I don't think it's really a performance I'd pin as a reason for us to get him. Gave away that dumb free kick for the Trent goal, would be going ape shit if that was Scott or Fred. Also a thought for the Origi goal, was pretty static and feel like usually he'd be better at covering the gaps, so that pass doesn't go through.

Glaswegian

Thought he was alright, but another game where I don't think it's really a performance I'd pin as a reason for us to get him. Gave away that dumb free kick for the Trent goal, would be going ape shit if that was Scott or Fred. Also a thought for the Origi goal, was pretty static and feel like usually he'd be better at covering the gaps, so that pass doesn't go through.
Millwall looking to sign him, or something? First I've heard of this.

Deery

Dreary
Noticed that quite a lot during the game balls we’re getting played through him very easy, Liverpool weren’t afraid to play in and around him either but he is good at shielding the back four and is pretty safe in possession but you wonder what he’d look like in a team like United as West Ham sit very deep which suits his style.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Millwall looking to sign him, or something? First I've heard of this.
Yeah, big push to get him down Zampa road.
Noticed that quite a lot during the game balls we’re getting played through him very easy, Liverpool weren’t afraid to play in and around him either but he is good at shielding the back four and is pretty safe in possession but you wonder what he’d look like in a team like United as West Ham sit very deep which suits his style.
In his defence, he has been better at that in other games, so for me I'd just have this as one of his not so good games. He'd of been of zero help in our last two games, based off that performance.

Zoo

Liverpool really struggled to create through the middle and Rice was a big reason for that. He’s an excellent player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I posted that before a graphic.

Sky posted one earlier he had best stats in League no?

I only saw it briefly on Sky, but he was number 1 in all of the stats.
that’s the graphic you saw.

number 1 in west ham’s team not the PL

Teja

I'm still not sold on him. He does the basics fine but he doesn't have that Matic level of composure / passing ability when he's on the ball. Nor is he as good defensively as someone like Fabinho (up for debate).

He is a disciplined, physical player but getting overrated because of the season West Ham are having and the way their mid block works. I think you'll be able to get someone like him for cheaper if the scouts put some work in.

RuudTom83

He would get buried under the 100 million tag here. The toxic fans and media would have an absolutely field day criticising his performances every time United dropped points.

If he is smart he will stay well away and go to Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.