Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I’d pay it for him, the more I watch him the more impressed I am. He’s a class act and would be our DM for the next 10 years.

dinostar77

Are we still interested in him, now Ole has gone? We seemed to have dropped our interest in Kieran Trippier now Ole has left. Wondered if Rice was the same situation.

yamo123x

If we are not in for Rice then we must be mad..he has proved time and time again how good he is, and he is improving all the time.

OrcaFat

Please dont spunk a 100 million on him. It will be like Pogba all over again where he wont be able to match the fee.
Lots of folk banging on about the fee. Does it really matter that much? Pogba has been decent in fits and starts but I never thought much about the fee, what matters is whether he is good enough to get in the team (Pogba sometimes wasn’t).

Rice would walk into our team and would most likely become our most important player. If so, it doesn’t matter if he costs £100m. I can’t actually see us paying that much; I don’t think we can “afford” him. We’ll get someone cheaper and probably not as good.

Comet49

On the Daily Mirror site it says that agreement has been made to try and sign him this month, just saying, pinch of salt….

LazyGoal

Sell Pogba, Van de Beek, Lingaard and Martial + take funds from the summer window to buy him if possible. If Ole had done this, he still had a job.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Because we went and already tried to do that when we bought Pogba as a 90 mil player. We went and bought VDB as a 40m player. We also bought the creative Bruno Fernandes. We also hope for atleast one of Hannibal, Galbraith or Garner to step up and play as a creative midfielder.

All these players have shown that they need a Matic type player to provide them with protection.

I'm sure we are also keeping an eye on Bellingham at Dortmund who is another CM that will need a CDM'S protection.

The last player I remember buying as a Matic type player is Schneiderlin.

Like tell me, do you think that we can play a simple 433 formation with our most creative players in midfield? Can we play Xavi and Iniesta at United? Can we play Kroos and Modric with Fred or Mctominay?

I don't think so unless we utelise Matic. It's why I'm dying for the young replacement of Matic - a player that protects the CB'S behind them and protects the CM's in front, to allow them to be creative at ease.

It's why personally I was hoping for Ole to stick until January - because I'm sure he wanted Rice and to play this :

Rice
Bruno - Pogba/VDB
I'm not saying if that works or not, but I don't exactly see something missing in that 3 man midfield either. You have protection. You have creativity. You have hard work. You have intelligent runs. You have long shots. You just about have everything.

Whilst that is unlikely to happen now (pogba leaving) I dont see why we shouldn't buy a CDM that allows us to do that in the future with better players. Even if it's expensive, so will be a creative CM - this United don't have money so we shouldn't buy an expensive player is bullshit to me. We buy Maguire. We Buy Pogba. We buy Sancho. Our wages are off the roof. We can get a good expensive player and it won't stop us from getting another.
It just wouldn’t work under Ragnick. We seriously lack build up play in midfield, a midfield trio of Rice+Bruno+Pogba won’t improve any of that, there too much individualism in it. I just don’t see any chemistry happening there to provide us a platform for fluid attack.

Also, Ragnick system plays with 2 DM who press a lot, Phillips would actually be better fit than Rice, who is more about positioning than aggressive pressing.

We need to find someone who does pressing, and is good in passing. McFred did the pressing work fine, but they are totally hopeless in passing and build up play.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
We should offer Dortmund that same £100m and take Bellingham before Liverpool/Chelsea/City take him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It just wouldn’t work under Ragnick. We seriously lack build up play in midfield, a midfield trio of Rice+Bruno+Pogba won’t improve any of that, there too much individualism in it. I just don’t see any chemistry happening there to provide us a platform for fluid attack.

Also, Ragnick system plays with 2 DM who press a lot, Phillips would actually be better fit than Rice, who is more about positioning than aggressive pressing.

We need to find someone who does pressing, and is good in passing. McFred did the pressing work fine, but they are totally hopeless in passing and build up play.
I mean sure, I don't think it happens under Rangnick either.

But in all honesty, I don't rate Rangnick that much because his career as a German manager hasn't been great - what he is more famous for is his influence on coaches.

I don't see him being here for too long, and I feel he is here to get a hardworking atmosphere back at the club rather than a tactical build up of a squad that can win us the league all by himself.

Satsuma United

Another amazing performance from Declan Rice. No doubt he has the United Captain air all over his face.

Maniron

I’d pay it for him, the more I watch him the more impressed I am. He’s a class act and would be our DM for the next 10 years.
Did you not read the Sky article? He wants to be a box to box midfielder. I don’t think he will move to a team who plays him purely as a DM

Maniron

If it gets him out of West Ham and to a Champions League side, he'd move.
You obviously didn’t read it either. It is not just us interested in him. Chelsea and Man City are and he will be thinking long term. Whoever he moves to will need to match his playing ambition as well as being in the Champions League and he wants to be box to box.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You obviously didn’t read it either. It is not just us interested in him. Chelsea and Man City are and he will be thinking long term. Whoever he moves to will need to match his playing ambition as well as being in the Champions League and he wants to be box to box.
He'll sign for whoever gets him out of West Ham and into the Champions League. You honestly think he'd turn Pep and Man City down because he wouldn't get assurances about getting to play "box to box"? No chance.

Maniron

He'll sign for whoever gets him out of West Ham and into the Champions League. You honestly think he'd turn Pep and Man City down because he wouldn't get assurances about getting to play "box to box"? No chance.
Pep has the vision to see where he would add most value. And I think both player and coach would align on this.

croadyman

Would like to see us sign a Kamara/Zakaria AND him because gives us cover then

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Because, without needing to go into the details, he’s a considerably better option that what we’ve currently got
But today, the issue was we had absolutely zero creativity in attack.

You might argue that he potentially may have closed Moutinho quicker, but that's about it.

Bwuk

He’d provide leadership to this spineless lot.

We need a leader in this side badly. We have far too many passive players.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

You might argue that he potentially may have closed Moutinho quicker, but that's about it.
We had no control in MF because they played four or five MFs. It looked at times like they had two extra players on the pitch.

What you would need to counter that is someone like Xavi or Verratti who can work their way out of trouble and pass to the space in other side of the pitch.

We did it once or twice i think when shaw gave cavani the pass and he shot when he should have passed to Greenwood.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He’d provide leadership to this spineless lot.

We need a leader in this side badly. We have far too many passive players.
Do you think United players would listen to him when he comes in?

Bwuk

Do you think United players would listen to him when he comes in?
We need to start clearing those with the wrong attitude out. Half of them don’t even look arsed when they lose.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We had no control in MF because they played four or five MFs. It looked at times like they had two extra players on the pitch.

What you would need to counter that is someone like Xavi or Verratti who can work their way out of trouble and pass to the space in other side of the pitch.

We did it once or twice i think when shaw gave cavani the pass and he shot when he should have passed to Greenwood.
I was going to say vision in midfield, because anyone with a modicum of it could have helped, but then we had players like Sancho and Greenwood who couldn't even pass to their team mates 5 yards away from them. So it was an overall lack of quality and cohesion in attack.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I was going to say vision in midfield, because anyone with a modicum of it could have helped, but then we had players like Sancho and Greenwood who couldn't even pass to their team mates 5 yards away from them. So it was an overall lack of quality and cohesion in attack.
We couldnt build attacks because we had no control of the game especially in the first half. It wasnt as if in that first half we had misplaced pass after misplaced pass. We had a few counters yes that Greenwood and sancho didnt take advantage of and cavani should have passed to greenwood for that chance shaw created. But overall Wolves had control of the game in the first half because they were controling the midfield.

Every 50/50 in that first half seemed to be going wolves's way. Granted Mctominah isnt good enough, but you have to control the game in the middle, which we failed at, given chiefly the formation in my opinion. Wolves swamped the middle with four players compared to our two. Cavani and ronaldo were too far foward and Sancho and Greenwood were out on the wings.

Rangnick i feel is trying to accomodate all these attackers we have. It is not working, or only has half a match against Palace.

meninred

He would probably cost 80-100 mil with current market but if he is that good then it is a long term investment. Roy keane and Souness two of the outstanding DM in their times both say he is good player but differ whether he would be world class or not. Keano said he will and souness says he has doubts.

BlueHaze

We need to abandon this vision of chucking out £70m on whomever just because they are better than what we already have. We spent £80m on Maguire because he was "better than Smalling" But that backfired badly. We need to sign smarter, players who'd give anything to come here for better prices and stop being fecked around in the market just because we are Man United.

Signing this guy for £70m or whatever the feck West Ham wants will not solve anything and thats more than half of our budget right there. Instead of going after players like Rice and Bellingham who are insanely overpriced we need to search elsewhere where we could get a decent price and then a good return if we decide to sell that player in the future.

Let other clubs go chuck massive amounts on overpriced players.

RooneyLegend

No thanks. One of our biggest issues is that when were under pressure the likes of Scotty McT have no interest in the ball, Rice is cut from the same cloth.

Kostov

We also had hundred shots against our goal at home to fecking Wolves? We have many issues, and yeah dinosaur Matic and the other championship options in CM/CDM are one of them.

LuckyScout78

It’s no doubt about Rice level and qualities. But it’s about the price.

60 - 70 shall be the right price. Not 100 and Grealish price personal for me.

Personally I would try 40 - 45 mill euro for Aurélien Tchouaméni first. Best value for a lower price first. Both of them are allround CM. Tchouaméni more easier on the toes = more lightweight but still athletic, aggressive and strong enough to play a al round role, beside a top creative level of nr.8.

Example 442 like this in 2-3 years:

Sancho - Aurélien Tchouaméni - Bruno - Luis Diaz + Greenwood - Rashford

There you have. If Sancho and Greenwood hit the consistent top level in the future. Those 6 starter of combination are good enough to win premier league in the future:

+ Aurélien Djani Tchouaméni. Monaco and France
+ Luis Diaz. Martial leaving. In with Diaz from Porto and Colombia
+ Bruno down as the top consistent creative nr.8

3 big factors to coming closer to premier league title. Beside Sancho and Greenwood to hit consistent top level. Plus two top CBs and top goalkeeper.

Those are factors and puzzles to make the bigger picture = A premier league winning team. One of the two ultimate goals on the pitch and football part of a club. United definitely still lacking many puzzles. The consistent top level in each position are not there yet. Still many positions to strength. To achieve the last end product and picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.