Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Now available for £200m

United must sign him regardless.

Anyone that is in denial about his quality, should simply log off of this forum and football generally.
No, we can recognise that he’s a very good player with a huge potential but at 100-200m we’d be bonkers to even encourage that type of money grab by West Ham

UTD_Since_1978

Nobody is going to pay £200m for him, that's just stupid money.

For that money his stats for this season should be

10 goals, 10 assists, 100% Duels won, 100% passing accuracy & 100% for everything else that you want from a ball winning midfielder.

I think WHU will have an unhappy player on their hands if they are not in next season's UCL to compensate Rice with a daft price tag like that.

NoPace

Watching Casemiro's role for Madrid where he's the DM but he also presses high as Kroos sits and Modric plays like a normal #8 out of possession makes me think that would maybe suit him the best. Tough to find geniuses like that to play next to you, but it's certainly benefited Madrid to have a DM who can play as a 3rd CB or win the ball high up the pitch.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Now available for £200m

Anyone that is in denial about his quality, should simply log off of this forum and football generally.
If you think we should pay 200 million to sign Rice then you should just message @Niall to delete your account, logging off won't be enough.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
How was my boy Rice yesterday in the 2-0 win vs Norwich? Anyone watched the match?

Edit just watched highlights.

His passing is definitely improving, not exactly Carrick but not Schneiderlin either. Growing in to some player.

First bit shows how he stops the Norwich attack by being at the most dangerous places at the right place at the right time.

Then shows the pass that initiates Bowen's headed goal.

Last edited:

Donut

He’s too good for West Ham. He’ll have to push for a move though and hopefully WH are reasonable, should go the way Graelish’s transfer went, but WH are probably not going to make it as easy for him.

Zapata

Anyone suggesting we dish out 200m for him has to share whatever they are smoking because it top notch stuff

RedCurry

How was my boy Rice yesterday in the 2-0 win vs Norwich? Anyone watched the match?

Edit just watched highlights.

His passing is definitely improving, not exactly Carrick but not Schneiderlin either. Growing in to some player.

First bit shows how he stops the Norwich attack by being at the most dangerous places at the right place at the right time.

Then shows the pass that initiates Bowen's headed goal.
Norwich were their usual abysmal self and Rice was good in recycling the ball. Kept it simple and tidy. He’s is that kind of player. Keeps the ball moving, shows up for passes etc.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He’s too good for West Ham. He’ll have to push for a move though and hopefully WH are reasonable, should go the way Graelish’s transfer went, but WH are probably not going to make it as easy for him.
We thought that too when we were being heavily linked with him in the summer of 2020. The fees bandied about at the time was £80m and that was when West Ham had ended season in 17th place. Rice often spoke about in theory loving the idea of playing for Chelsea again but he never pushed for the move as we thought he might, so the move never happened.

He's steadily improved over the last 18 months and West Ham are have been a very good top 6 team in that period. He has less time left on his contract now but West Ham know they have a far superior player now than they did in that summer of 2020.

I don't think Chelsea will sanction another £100m splash on one player, so if you want him, I imagine you might have a free run at him.

Chief123

Now available for £200m

If you think we should be paying £200m for him, I would suggest you log off too.

padzilla

Hipster
Now available for £200m

Or alternatively, and I know this is a whacky concept but hear me out, they might just have a different opinion than you?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Or alternatively, and I know this is a whacky concept but hear me out, they might just have a different opinion than you?
You've got to love Redcafe haven't you :lol:

I'm right you're wrong, if you think any differently you should log off and never return :wenger:

Sure, 200m sounds like value. :D

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Now available for £200m

Nice try, David Gold.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
West Ham did well to get him on a giant contact, they may just let him leave on a free at 26 or whatever. They'll get his best years.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Will be an asset for the national team for years to come, regarding us? I think the ship sailed long ago, 2 years ago and this summer was our chance to sign him. Whether we'll regret it or not is to be seen.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
If you think Declan Rice is worth more than twenty quid and a packet of quavers then you should delete your paddy power account and never watch racquetball again. If you think he is any use, you've clearly never played ball before.

Bebestation

This guy is saying Declan Rice = £20 and he is acting like he knows sh*t :lol:

Sure Rice isn't worth 200 mil because no one is and neither is he worth 100 mil because no 100 mil transfer has been successful- but people think he is that shit?

Rice is a player that you watch and just screams footballing intelligence more than anything else-sure maybe he isn't worth the money, but people who don't rate this high IQ footballer well may have a problem with their footballing IQ aswell.

It's a bit like how some people can only watch action films whilst not being able to follow high IQ Sci Fi films - some people can only follow the football and footballers who chase after the ball - all gung ho like in an action film.

To some, Rice is like a sci fi film, consistently yet slowly building the story, watching how a person can protect his universe against these alien terrestrial by thinking and reacting before the attack has ever begun

:drool:

Last edited:

Bebestation

I've always find it hard to find a decent youtube video of Rice because he isn't the most eye catching player.

His ability is seen much more when watching matches because he just takes over a certain space or area of the pitch that the opposition want at important times. He most likely wont even get the ball - but he heavily stalls the opposition attack.

However, I found a better video than usual (still not great) that shows some of his other skills a bit better like his dribbling and some of his passes.

reddevilz007

I've always find it hard to find a decent youtube video of Rice because he isn't the most eye catching player.

His ability is seen much more when watching matches because he just takes over a certain space or area of the pitch that the opposition want at important times. He most likely wont even get the ball - but he heavily stalls the opposition attack.

However, I found a better video than usual (still not great) that shows some of his other skills a bit better like his dribbling and some of his passes.

Rice doesn’t play in your typical eye-catching position either, he doesnt need to be either. As long he’s efficient in what he does, that’s all that matters.
A bit like Busquets, you won’t find the most mouthwatering youtube clips of him, but his importance in both Barca and Spain’s team is undeniable.

joedirt87

I’m tired of our transfer strategy being to go and overspend on 1 marquee signing that takes over a year of planning and negotiating and then the rest of the targets feel like an afterthought. Nothing against Rice but signing him just signifies that we’re in the same cycle.

Hammondo

I just don't see how any of that is impressive.

choccy77

To everyone who took my message as literal, please don't.

The report was saying West Ham have put a figure of £200m on Rice in order to stop people signing him.

Obviously, no one is gonna pay that.

But United should 100% IMO make an offer of upto £80m say, because he is actually a player worth paying that much for and if we want to improve and gain better quality, he would be a great start to help fill that giant midfield hole.

Kinky Melinky

No, we can recognise that he’s a very good player with a huge potential but at 100-200m we’d be bonkers to even encourage that type of money grab by West Ham
50 million tops, but preferably about 40. Player's prices are idiotic. I get the impression they appear to be coming down. Things just got too bonkers

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
In any other league of any other nationality. 50M € player tops.
Drop some alternatives in other leagues, at his age with his seniority + skill set? There really aren’t any. Rice is a very good player.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
To everyone who took my message as literal, please don't.

The report was saying West Ham have put a figure of £200m on Rice in order to stop people signing him.

Obviously, no one is gonna pay that.

But United should 100% IMO make an offer of upto £80m say, because he is actually a player worth paying that much for and if we want to improve and gain better quality, he would be a great start to help fill that giant midfield hole.
Can’t believe you are suggesting United splurge £280m for this guy….. :D

Sorry, I’m in one of those moods…….

OrcaFat

We have a habit of buying cheap alternatives instead of coughing up for what we really need. He is the player we need more than any in the world but we won’t get him. Prices being quoted are ridiculous of course.

Walters_19_MuFc

We have a habit of buying cheap alternatives instead of coughing up for what we really need. He is the player we need more than any in the world but we won’t get him. Prices being quoted are ridiculous of course.
Maguire, Wan-Bissaka and Sancho say otherwise. That's not to say I don't rate any of these players but they certainly weren't 'cheap alternatives'.

OrcaFat

Maguire, Wan-Bissaka and Sancho say otherwise. That's not to say I don't rate any of these players but they certainly weren't 'cheap alternatives'.
True enough. Current form not helping any of those guys but I personally think they are all good players.

I’m talking about players like VDB, Cavani, Ronaldo (both still decent but old). Fred wasn’t cheap but he’s never been in the elite bracket. Then you go back to the mixed bag of crap we bought under LVG. We paid big for Pogba and Lukaku I suppose.

In any case, I don’t see us spending the kind of money we’ll need to spend to fix our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.