Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

I believe you have as good a chance as any body to get Rice and Caicedo to be honest and it seems your management and Arteta are actually aware that there is lot of scope of improvement in your first eleven and ideally squad depth should be created by pushing the current starters on bench by bringing in better alternatives .

I believe after midfield they would target defensive reinforcements .
We are in big trouble next year if they do

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Could see us potentially getting Kane & KMJ,gut feeling is Osimhen stays at Napoli unless Chelsea offer like £150m
Still unsure if Levy will allow Kane to leave to be honest, that guys so twisted its unreal!

Hammondo

Please dear god no. You can count the amount of times west ham have won the midfield battle on one hand.

MonsieurGooner

Supports
Arsenal
I’ve seen rumours of Arsenal launching a 92m bid for Rice. If there is any truth to that then he won’t be coming anywhere near United, we can’t afford that and he’s not worth it!
He is our top target, and we never did spend the money for Mudryk. Rice is very short odds to go to Arsenal with the book makers.

Very likely Arsenal get him

Zed 101

He is our top target, and we never did spend the money for Mudryk. Rice is very short odds to go to Arsenal with the book makers.

Very likely Arsenal get him
Well I hope he enjoys his 1 season in the Champions League then :smirk:

mu4c_20le

Really? What was so complicated about it that Brighton beat out mighty Manchester United?

Honest question.
Basically Brighton were able to do the deal easily because they had signed someone else from the club, so they had the contacts. There is an Athletic article about it if you're interested, but it was mentioned in a different one that we supposedly walked away beacuse it was too complicated and invovled third parties. To be fair, Brighton put him in their reserves in the beginning, so I guess it was a surprise to everyone how quickly he acclimatized to PL football.

croadyman

Basically Brighton were able to do the deal easily because they had signed someone else from the club, so they had the contacts. There is an Athletic article about it if you're interested, but it was mentioned in a different one that we supposedly walked away beacuse it was too complicated and invovled third parties. To be fair, Brighton put him in their reserves in the beginning, so I guess it was a surprise to everyone how quickly he acclimatized to PL football.
Yeah that pretty much sums it up

Castia

Arsenal or Chelsea bound in my opinion

I think Arsenal will go all in for him and wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign early into the summer.

croadyman

Arsenal or Chelsea bound in my opinion

I think Arsenal will go all in for him and wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign early into the summer.
Could live him with going to Arsenal just as long as they don't get Caicedo as well

Strootman's Finger

I would just like to thank Gift Orban for making my point for me:

Gift Orban: "The Premier League is my ultimate dream. Man United, Liverpool or Man City…”.

“I don’t really like Arsenal that much – it’s like they don’t want to win titles”.

“I want to go somewhere where they win titles”, Gift Orban told @hlnsport via @Sport_Witness.

croadyman

I would just like to thank Gift Orban for making my point for me:

Gift Orban: "The Premier League is my ultimate dream. Man United, Liverpool or Man City…”.

“I don’t really like Arsenal that much – it’s like they don’t want to win titles”.

“I want to go somewhere where they win titles”, Gift Orban told @hlnsport via @Sport_Witness.
Surely he never actually said that

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
If I was him, I would go to Bayern, play the title in the Bundesliga, the CL and develop further away from home.

I don't think that Chelsea will do any action on him this summer, so it's only Arsenal.

Also if I doubt Arsenal paying 100M for him, it would be the easy choice for him, staying in London, playing the CL and higher places in PL.

Strootman's Finger

If I was him, I would go to Bayern, play the title in the Bundesliga, the CL and develop further away from home.

I don't think that Chelsea will do any action on him this summer, so it's only Arsenal.

Also if I doubt Arsenal paying 100M for him, it would be the easy choice for him, staying in London, playing the CL and higher places in PL.
I wouldn't be surprised to see us jump in at some point. If the sale was announced tomorrow and funds were made available, I think we steal him from Arsenal, no problem. Would prefer Caicedo myself, but would be happy with either, and to get one over Arsenal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That would require Bayern to 1. actually want him, and 2. meet West Ham's transfer valuation. He would almost certainly be Bayern's record transfer.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Rice and Kane plus CB+RB additions will automatically add 10pts to this seasons tally. That’s a big increase what ever way it gets looked at. I doubt any manager will say no.

I won’t like the signings due to my bias but can’t deny the likelier outcome.

Remember the geese

Rice and Kane plus CB+RB additions will automatically add 10pts to this seasons tally. That’s a big increase what ever way it gets looked at. I doubt any manager will say no.

I won’t like the signings due to my bias but can’t deny the likelier outcome.
Kane alone would add 10 points.

Remember the geese

Under the right circumstances he should be able to contribute to even more than that.
I think him in place of Weghorst/Martial should easily get us to a mid 80's points total. With a few other additions and a second year of the team adapting to ten Hag's tactics, we should be approaching a title challenge. Big ask though because the drawn out ownership saga is scuppering our Summer.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I think him in place of Weghorst/Martial should easily get us to a mid 80's points total. With a few other additions and a second year of the team adapting to ten Hag's tactics, we should be approaching a title challenge. Big ask though because the drawn out ownership saga is scuppering our Summer.
I’d like to think there is money already for transfers, it’s any extra funding that might hinge on ownership status.
If the March stain wasn’t as bad we are not far off an 80pts team and adding him to that can only be a positive.

Chairman Steve

I can sense a slight whiff of buyer’s remorse for whoever buys him. I think he’ll be decent to good but the price won’t live up to what he would bring. He won’t be a player that’s the difference between being a runner-up one year to being a winner the following year

Ghostrider318

WHU will want stupid money for him. He is not worth 100mn. For that I'd only want FDJ / Pedri or someone like Modric / Kroos. ( how on earth did these two cost a combined 70mn )

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
That would require Bayern to 1. actually want him, and 2. meet West Ham's transfer valuation. He would almost certainly be Bayern's record transfer.
True, but Tuchel said many times that they are missing a number 6 and a striker. So they are for a 6.

Then for payment, I think West Ham would value him for English market at 100M, when Bayern would be at 70M + another player

Status
Not open for further replies.