Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
It’s a lot of money but if I have to choose between 55 mil on Mount or 100 mil on Rice, I will choose the latter 100%.

Kag

I don't get the hate for Rice. He's an excellent footballer.
His nationality is a problem for some folk. This weird narrative that English footballers are club-wielding cavemen is still alive and kicking.

Rice is genuinely brilliant. I’d rather have more of a playmaker in there, but ultimately he’d be very welcome at the club.

Sgreddevil

To be honest I have not been following him closely but always keep hearing comments about him being overrated. But when I watch him closely in our recent game with them, I have to admit I was impressed by him.
He seems to be the kind of player that slots in nicely around the pitch to keep the team intact and recycling possession to attacking position. Something like what Carrick has been doing in the past, not saying they have similar attributes but they do have similar influence on the overall play.
I wont mind having him if we have the budget after getting a world class no 9.

Hughes35

Maybe a leap, but getting linked to so many players is surprising whilst the Glazers are still around.

Makes me think all the stuff about Mount / Rice is either paper talk (Very likley), or a slim chance that getting new owners might be further down the line than we think and we know money is available.......... Probably wishful thinking.

DanH

As long as it didn't impact us signing a striker then I'd be for this. I haven't seen a huge amount of him, but I'm pretty confident he'd be a big upgrade on what we have currently.

Roux

Caicedo is better in every possible way and would be cheaper. Rice and Mount would be hugely deflating and doesn't improve our first 11 much.

padzilla

Hipster
Rice could do a job for us but he is likely to cost our entire transfer budget or at least close to it.

FerociousCorgis

Rice could do a job for us but he is likely to cost our entire transfer budget or at least close to it.
yeah i dont see a way with west ham staying up that he wont take up pretty much all of our supposed budget. Unless there is some sort of swap deal with maguire plus cash or something idk. Feel like moyes may love someone like him.

Licha M

Rice and Mount for £160 million

Caicedo and Rabiot for £60 million

:confused:

cyberman

Does anyone remember when Bissouma was the future who was a must have?

RobbieBerns

At first I thought he might be a bit too redundant with Casemiro at the club, but one of his top qualities beyond winning back possession and cutting off passing lanes is his ability to break forward with the ball. The defensive solidity of a Rice/Caicedo next to Casemiro would solve a big issue of teams playing right through the middle of us, and a ball carrier to break through the lines and find Bruno in the right areas sounds great.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rice and Casemiro pairing wouldn't be great though would it?
Super strong defensively. Would allow Fernandes to play further forward and do his usual volatile but extremely creative stuff. Not sure how much we’re going to control or go toe to toe in the big games on possession, though

Chief123

Rice is a bonkers signing for that price. Caicedo is a better player in my eyes and would be cheaper. Rice is only rated so highly because he’s English and he comes with English price tax.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I don't get the hate for Rice. He's an excellent footballer.
It’s not hate. People just don’t like getting bent over a barrel for a decent midfielder for 100m just because he plays at West Ham and is English. Spending that kind of money on someone that isn’t going to transform your side is idiotic. At least with Kane you’d be getting a proven elite striker. Rice is nothing more than a solid but unspectacular midfielder that doesn’t bring any elite qualities but is a solid 7/10 everywhere.

So yeah he can get fecked for 100m unless we are just playing FM all of the sudden and buying 9 players this summer.

Laurencio

It’s not hate. People just don’t like getting bent over a barrel for a decent midfielder for 100m just because he plays at West Ham and is English. Spending that kind of money on someone that isn’t going to transform your side is idiotic. At least with Kane you’d be getting a proven elite striker. Rice is nothing more than a solid but unspectacular midfielder that doesn’t bring any elite qualities but is a solid 7/10 everywhere.

So yeah he can get fecked for 100m unless we are just playing FM all of the sudden and buying 9 players this summer.
I don't think West Ham will ever get 100M for him. Clubs will just wait them out until he goes for a free if they keep demanding that kind of money.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's English therefore automatically rubbish or overrated. That's how it works on here for many.
The problem is the fee. For most times it is. I rate Rice. He's first in terms of interceptions and second in distance covered. I also think that technically wise he's far better then he shows at West Ham and bar STK, DM is, in my opinion, the position we need to strengthen the most. However 100m is a lot of money.

Licha M

Yes, Brighton turned downed £70m in January to sell him for less now.
My point stands, even if Brighton hold out for a record (for them) of £80 million you're getting both for half the price as Rice and Mount.

lex talionis

Declan Rice is a special talent who would be a massive upgrade on McTominay, but we just can't spend the 100+m on him that West Ham would demand. The overriding need is a striker and if it takes 80m to bring in Kane, so be it. We'll probably have another 70+m to spend on our other needs, thus presumably ruling out Rice.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I find him an ok player with no real extraordinary quality. A jack of all trades, master of one. If his price is cheap, I wouldn't hate signing him but there is no way a sane club should deplete its budget on Declan Rice. That would be beyond idiotic

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I find him an ok player with no real extraordinary quality. A jack of all trades, master of one. If his price is cheap, I wouldn't hate signing him but there is no way a sane club should deplete its budget on Declan Rice. That would be beyond idiotic
Thats why hes great - he is a jack of all trades whilst being a master of one - defending & interceptions.

Abraxas

I think that while his defensive play is his strongest suit, it's when he runs with the ball I am most impressed by him. I think that's his most flashy attribute. He looks very powerful in those situations. Opponents struggle to live with his strength and athleticism, and he can do it deep into games which may suit a top club that can tire out opposition. He never does it for England, but I blame Southgate for that. I think he has him constantly thinking about defence.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Harry Maguire £80m
Jack Grealish £100m
Enzo Fernandez £106m

They are the benchmarks.

Rice will be the next captain of England.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Thats why hes great - he is a jack of all trades whilst being a master of one - defending & interceptions.
We have one who can do that already at a high level, if Rice had some creative passing to his game I'd be for his signing. I can't imagine he'd come to be a back up to Casemiro

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Rice...Mount...Kane

Uh oh, the 'anti-brexit FC' brigade might frothing at the mouth :nervous:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Rice...Mount...Kane

Uh oh, the 'anti-brexit FC' brigade might frothing at the mouth :nervous:
Would be kind of funny to see their meltdown :lol:
For me Kane and Rice would be fine, but not Mount.

madzo2007

Wouldn't mind Rice at all.

Seems to be if the player is English its "no don't want him" if its a foreigner same type of player and price its youtube comps, photoshopped pics in the jersey and plenty of drooling.

BorisManUtd

Have a feeling he'll end up at Arsenal. Would stay at London and go to a CL club as planned/rumoured.

Jericholyte2

Yes, Brighton turned downed £70m in January to sell him for less now.
I’m sure a major reason for rejecting that amount was due to the impact it would have had on their season. I’d imagine that, as part of the new deal he got, there’d be a clause or agreement that a similar bid in summer would be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.