Deep Lying Playmaker or Mobile no 8

aeh1991

So since Arne Slot seems like he is staying at Feyenoord thus Spurs won't get him, I'd definitely take a look at Kokcu. He's got so much potential and is exactly the kind of MF we want. Obviously still needs to adapt and some general concerns about players from Eredivisie, but he seems so perfect to me.

croadyman

So since Arne Slot seems like he is staying at Feyenoord thus Spurs won't get him, I'd definitely take a look at Kokcu. He's got so much potential and is exactly the kind of MF we want. Obviously still needs to adapt and some general concerns about players from Eredivisie, but he seems so perfect to me.
How much do you reckon it would take

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Would people consider Gravenberch as deep lying playmaker? He’s more a mobile no 8 imo. Ever since Ajax sold FDJ, ETH hasn’t play a deep lying playmaker in his Ajax team.

The point is I think ETH is very flexible to play a system with deep lying playmaker or a system with mobile no 8. I think this deep lying playmaker is very rare these days.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is buying Mount as his mobile number 8. He can play everywhere.

L1nk

Serious question....

Could Madison from Leicester work here?
I personally feel like Maddison would basically play where Bruno is playing because he's more similar to him than Mount is, and since we're very unlikely to drop Bruno (who is a better player) then to me, regardless of how I feel about Mount, it makes more sense to get him purely from a playing alongside Bruno perspective

Rob Bowman

I personally feel like Maddison would basically play where Bruno is playing because he's more similar to him than Mount is, and since we're very unlikely to drop Bruno (who is a better player) then to me, regardless of how I feel about Mount, it makes more sense to get him purely from a playing alongside Bruno perspective
Good points, I sorta felt the same way about Erikksen and was wondering if we could convert a younger hungrier guy the same way...

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Mobile 8. Dlps are difficult to find and you need a right / balanced setup to make it worth it anyway. We're not there yet.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Doesn’t Casemiro play deep lying playmaker? Aswell as ball winning midfielder. I’d say we need a mobile number 8. Someone who can run with the ball and take it into the final 3rd.

croadyman

Doesn’t Casemiro play deep lying playmaker? Aswell as ball winning midfielder. I’d say we need a mobile number 8. Someone who can run with the ball and take it into the final 3rd.
Feel Rabiot is capable of progressing it

croadyman

Mobile 8. Dlps are difficult to find and you need a right / balanced setup to make it worth it anyway. We're not there yet.
So what kind of balanced setup do we need in order for a deep lying playmaker to work

L1nk

People need to get used to the fact the setup we'll be using is one 6 and two 8's, and unlikely to include a DLP in the mould of Frenkie anymore

croadyman

People need to get used to the fact the setup we'll be using is one 6 and two 8's, and unlikely to include a DLP in the mould of Frenkie anymore
So because we can't get Erik's perfect DLP he has now decided to setup midfield with one 6 (Casa) and two 8's (Bruno & Eriksen/Mount/Rabiot). Surely he can see we need more options for that 6,unless of course he puts Rabiot in that list too.

L1nk

IMO we need two good energetic all-round midifielders. We have 0.
I would take Mount and Khephren

I'd love Caicedo and Rice

I'd be keen on Mount and Caicedo

Would settle for Mount and Rabiot (but not ideal)

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I would take Mount and Khephren

I'd love Caicedo and Rice

I'd be keen on Mount and Caicedo

Would settle for Mount and Rabiot (but not ideal)
Same here. But the first step is to get those 2, and then check if dlp is really what we need. Caicedo and Rice is a great midfield for years.

bucky

He has a sub 80 pass completion percentage over the course of the season. DLPs are easily above 85%, near 90 % usually.

croadyman

He has a sub 80 pass completion percentage over the course of the season. DLPs are easily above 85%, near 90 % usually.
Yeah we need one but looks like Erik has decided against playing with one or he wants to get the energetic pressers in first like Mount and Rabiot