Dejan Kulusevski

Status
Not open for further replies.

gajender

Didn't United reject Davies at a trial he did few months before he joined Bayern?

United's recruitment and scouting department is shocking. It's like a rich kid in a carnival. Always the biggest most obvious names are preferred.

Sometimes being financially limited forces you to work your arse off and uncover gems and unlikely transfers.

Imagine United getting Kulusevski. He would be perfect. A left footed right winger who excels in tight spaces against low defensive lines and is intelligent enough to play balls through the defenses on counter attacks too. Plus a guy who willingly works hard on and off the ball. This 21 year old was a no brainer at that price.
He has made instant impact which is great for Tottenham but I would just hold on for bit longer before hailing him as guaranteed success for future , let's revisit this by end of next season and see if Tottenham even take up the option of buying him permanently .

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
From all the talk, both of Spurs' signings - Kulusevski and Bentancour are doing well so far. I've liked what I've seen of the former. He looks rugged enough to succeed in this league and has skill to hurt teams too. Early days still, and I'd like to see more, but so far so good.

LuckyScout78

The talents have always been there. I am more impressed of him during Parma loan spell. He has more freedom there and the biggest star.
The way he handled and lead the ball with his left foot. It was clear as day. Made the scouting job so easy. He likes : Come and get me. Sign me up.

At Parma = WOW performances. The boy could do everything with the ball. His skills was just crazy. Skills above average top level players a lot.
This boy get to play football a lot as a kid or lucky for him as a gift. He can do more with the ball than he has done with Spurs now. But its all about effective football. Which football skills are most effective = good end product. Not showboating. Challenge or straight to the opponent goals when you get the ball on the wings.

He is the kind of player i will use the words = Pleasure to watch. Do something effective out of the ball boys.

LuckyScout78

Like all the GOAT. Its about the first touch of the ball. The touch of the ball.

This boy and Raphinha have it. Like not a touch of 7-9 division in Norwegian league. The ball bounces ten meters in front of you after your first touch. Leading, running, receiving. passing and shoot. Its all about the touch and how you hit the ball. The master of the ball. You get the ball wherever you want it.

Arjen Robben is another example. Crazy crazy on an with the ball. Ball control on the highest speed. Robben = Worldclass

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Didn't United reject Davies at a trial he did few months before he joined Bayern?
I am 100% sure Davies's agent (who is also his coach in school and family friend)picked Bayern Munich and it has nothing to do with Man Utd. Davies was offered a trial at Man Utd but his agent reject it.

marktan

He's impressed me a lot. I watched a decent amount of Juve when Ronaldo was there and he was pretty good with his on the ball skills, but he wasn't standout. Bernadeschi though older rightly played more as he looked more refined. However his decision making at Tottenham has impressed me. I guess having Son, Kane and other runners has allowed his passing ability to shine more.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Aren’t Spurs likely to buy him at the end of the season? Some sort of loan to buy isn’t it?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Aren’t Spurs likely to buy him at the end of the season? Some sort of loan to buy isn’t it?
Yeah we can buy him at anytime in the next two years but we have an obligation to buy him if certain things are met, I think we are probably close to those already and certainly will be if we make top 4

Bwuk

Yeah we can buy him at anytime in the next two years but we have an obligation to buy him if certain things are met, I think we are probably close to those already and certainly will be if we make top 4
Spurs would be off their head not to sign him.

jesperjaap

Think Bentancour has been decent as Spurs....but I reall ythought in his early days he was going to become a world class midfielder, he hasnt quite progressed to anywhere near that level.

Kuveleski was always a highly thouht of youth in Italy, maybe ahead of AMad even and certainly looks far further along inhis development.

However for me not sure I would sign either, the one we really missed out on in my opinion we seemed to have tentative links and I wanted us to sign before the Varane links came up was Romero. A little bit rash, but what a good centre back he is. Tough, fast, strong, good in the air, good with the ball at his feet, anticipates and reads things well.... genuine world class potential, and considering the dross around him at the back in that SPurs side, all the more remarkable, fantastic player we should have been all over

BerryBerryShrew

According to Swedish media tottenham have decided to make the move permanent.
Even Daniel "Cheeseroom" Levy isn't incompetent enough to mess up this obvious signing unfortunately. I was hoping that the business genius would try doing something stupid like offering a million less than the agreed figure (like Kenyon and Ronaldinho) and that we could swoop in subsequently.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Where the hell were our scouts? You know, the ones Murtough's fan base keep telling us he has changed things with...

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is an amazing player - he has just slotted in and doesn't look out of place next to Kane and Son. I can't praise him higher than that. Only just turned 22 as well. He is very strong on the ball, extremely intelligent with how he uses the ball and he has a wand of a left foot.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
That mess he got himself into after rounding the keeper was comical. Aside from that, absolute quality.

Pintu

Where the hell were our scouts? You know, the ones Murtough's fan base keep telling us he has changed things with...
This wasn't scout work though. Everybody knew he has the talent. Something went wrong at Juventus and he couldn't produce anything near the level he showed at Parma. It looked like a mentality thing. He seemed incapable of playing under pressure, for a bigger club... Paratici knew him and his agent very well and they decided to bet on him (after missing out on Diaz).

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That mess he got himself into after rounding the keeper was comical. Aside from that, absolute quality.
That was kinda funny yeah, I think he got caught in two minds because he wanted to lay the ball off to Son but then somehow managed to kinda stumble and shinned it weakly towards the goal. Was a cracking little run to get to that position though and thankfully he was able to hit a sweet left foot shot into the top corner only a minute or two after.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
This wasn't scout work though. Everybody knew he has the talent. Something went wrong at Juventus and he couldn't produce anything near the level he showed at Parma. It looked like a mentality thing. He seemed incapable of playing under pressure, for a bigger club... Paratici knew him and his agent very well and they decided to bet on him (after missing out on Diaz).
Fair enough

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really good again today.

This guy is starting to look like he's pushing into world class territory. It's mad how nobody else fancied him, now he's made that spurs front line even more dangerous.

(can we move to footy)

izec

He is a gem. He was great for Parma, one struggling season at Juve was nothing to worry about. Congrats to Spurs and Conte for going for him, it paid off massively.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The only thing I'm surprised at is Juve letting him go.

We could have a similar transfer with Arthur in the "de Jong" role but he's become a bit of a meme at Juve.

GledTheRed

The only thing I'm surprised at is Juve letting him go.

We could have a similar transfer with Arthur in the "de Jong" role but he's become a bit of a meme at Juve.
Yeah was a weird one him not getting on at Juve, they probably weren't that invested in him as he wasn't a free transfer.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah was a weird one him not getting on at Juve, they probably weren't that invested in him as he wasn't a free transfer.
Biggest problem for him was Allegri becoming manager. A Mourinho tier dinosaur. Since Arthur joined them, I watched them a lot these past couple of seasons. Unbearable stuff under Allegri.

GledTheRed

Biggest problem for him was Allegri becoming manager. A Mourinho tier dinosaur. Since Arthur joined them, I watched them a lot these past couple of seasons. Unbearable stuff under Allegri.
His talent was obvious, same with Bentancur.

Baffling stuff from Juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.