Dele Alli is England's best young midfielder playing in Turkey

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
When did SAF try to sign him? Surely he had gone as our manager when he broke through at MK Don's? Didn't he play in LVG loss in the league cup?

Nick7

When did SAF try to sign him? Surely he had gone as our manager when he broke through at MK Don's? Didn't he play in LVG loss in the league cup?
He’s was a very highly rated youth player before he broke into MK Dons first team as a regular. Made his debut in Fergie’s final season. IIRC we were heavily linked to him that year.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
You can say the same about a few of them, Ali, Lingard, Pogba, Lukaku, Maddison (to an extent), they get a taste of the big time, start to believe their own hype, surround themselves with the wrong people who talk too much about money and fame, get distracted by it all and start putting less effort into their football and training.
Pogba's taste of the big time was being a star of multiple league titles and a world cup, lingard's was ... starting 5 consecutive games when he turned 24?

Thiagoal

I don’t know how well known it is but Dele had a really troubled childhood and ended up getting adopted by a couple that live in the next village to me. He used to play football against the school I taught at and every time we played them he’d get sent off and had serious attitude and anger issues.

The fact he made it as a professional footballer- with the riches and fame that came with it- totally changed his life and I personally think he struggled with it mentally and indeed lost motivation.

A really bright star that sadly burnt out very quickly but fair play to him for achieving what he did given his difficult upbringing.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don’t know how well known it is but Dele had a really troubled childhood and ended up getting adopted by a couple that live in the next village to me. He used to play football against the school I taught at and every time we played them he’d get sent off and had serious attitude and anger issues.

The fact he made it as a professional footballer- with the riches and fame that came with it- totally changed his life and I personally think he struggled with it mentally and indeed lost motivation.

A really bright star that sadly burnt out very quickly but fair play to him for achieving what he did given his difficult upbringing.
I was aware of that and having worked with kids in care I've always had a soft spot for him because I know kids just like him. You are probably quite right in how his upbringing has impacted on his ability to keep things going in his football career.

BerryBerryShrew

I was aware of that and having worked with kids in care I've always had a soft spot for him because I know kids just like him. You are probably quite right in how his upbringing has impacted on his ability to keep things going in his football career.
It's pretty understandable for most people really, regardless of upbringing. Most people (including myself) are drifters- very few have that psychopathic focus of the likes of Michael Jordan. I openly admit that if I had the talent, I would have been more of a Ronaldinho than a Cristiano/Messi. Get to a glorious peak and then stop caring.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s strange how badly his career has fallen. He should be better than this

BerryBerryShrew

It’s strange how badly his career has fallen. He should be better than this
It is weird. You'd think if a top level player (which he certainly was previously) suddenly started half assing It, he'd still be able to boss it over pub level teams.

dinostar77

Shame theres no big sam or harry redknapp around now in PL to take a punt on these lost footballing souls and try to redeem them.

Someone must be able to get him back to his best. Seems like psychological issues at play. His upbringing as mentioned above probably doesnt help.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Shame theres no big sam or harry redknapp around now in PL to take a punt on these lost footballing souls and try to redeem them.

Someone must be able to get him back to his best. Seems like psychological issues at play. His upbringing as mentioned above probably doesnt help.
Potter used to do it in Norway I believe. Probably would have been a decent punt at Brighton under a manager like Potter. Not at Chelsea though

dinostar77

Potter used to do it in Norway I believe. Probably would have been a decent punt at Brighton under a manager like Potter. Not at Chelsea though
Brighton under potter is a good call. Shame it wont happen.

Pintu

Potter worked in Östersund (it’s located in Sweden/Zlatan’s country) for 7 years… He’s never coached in Norway, the other country (Haaland’s).

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Home secretary intervenes over Dele Alli scandal
Alli made a total of 15 appearances for Besiktas, scoring three goals. However, with a hip injury ending his season, Alli has been sent back to Everton, with the player now back in the UK.

That leaves his career in some doubt over what happens next. And it seems the player has done himself no favours after being photographed over the weekend allegedly inhaling nitrous oxide.

And while the substance is not currently illegal in the UK, the government are looking into the laws surrounding the possession of so-called ‘hippy crack’.

Per the Daily Telegraph, the incident has seen both the FA and PFA urged to intervene and check on Alli’s welfare.

Furthermore, the photograph has also seemingly enforced the government’s determination to clamp down on the laws surrounding laughing gas.

In the print edition of the Scottish Daily Mail [April 11, 2023, page 63] David Kent wrote: “Although possession of hippy crack is not currently illegal, Home Secretary Suella Braverman wants to introduce new laws banning it entirely for all but legitimate uses after rising concerns over its health effects and links to anti-social behaviour.”

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Beşiktaş sporting director Ceyhun Kazanci:

“The expectations from the fans were really high; when you think of a player like Dele who once had a €100m valuation, then they expect a lot of goals and assists, but it is not easy because the Turkish league is difficult.

“Unfortunately, he couldn’t make it. The more he couldn’t score or contribute, the more the pressure went up, and the fans started to boo him and his reaction was not as we expected. We thought he would be more reactive to what was going on and work harder, fight for the team but he could not. The coach decided to use other players that will continue with us next season and he stopped maybe fighting for his shirt.”