Dele Alli on the move? / signed for Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedishFish

Another player bullied out by Mourinho.

Hope there's some truth to the Lingard rumours, as his replacement but most likely bollocks sadly.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Another player bullied out by Mourinho.

Hope there's some truth to the Lingard rumours, as his replacement but most likely bollocks sadly.
Jose brought Matic to United, he likes to sign players he has worked with before. I can see him signing Lingard

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I hope not.

He literally does not fit our team.

And I'm not a fan of him either way.
Yep, we've just brought a 40m guy in who won't necessarily start most weeks, so another player in that part of the pitch would be odd.
Hopefully our part in the talks is selling them Lingard.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
There are no rumours that he is even leaving, Jose has dropped him to see if he gets a reaction.
The why have interest in Lingard who is virtually a like for like replacement? (arguably Lingard is more versatile as can play in several positions)

Last edited:

Brophs

The One and Only
I still think there's a very good player in there, but he needs to be allowed to do more of what he's really good at, instead of asking him to become a different player. I've always liked him. He's a bit of a shithouse, but in that sort of comedy villain way that I'm not even sure he fully intends.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Have you never seen him play? He's repeatedly done cnutish things on the pitch and judging by his video taking the piss out of an Asian person a few months ago he doesn't seem to be much better off the pitch either.
What happened there? link?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The why have interest in Lingard can virtually be a liked for like replacement? (arguably Lingard is more versatile as can play in several positions)
The problem with Dele is, he isn't a midfielder, he isn't a forward and hes not a wide man, the Lingard link is odd I have no hate for him other than reading what some members on here think of him. Even if we do sell Dele the only positions us Spurs fans believe we need is a striker, a creative mid and possibly a CB. we have heard rumours of who the striker may be and a certain Benfica player or possibly players.

Woodzy

I’d take him in a straight swap for Lingard, otherwise no
Yep. I can't see Spurs wanting to spend much on Lingard, so I feel like getting Dele in return would be better option.

Almost impossible to fit him, poor form and seemingly low work rate but out of the two youngsters, Dele has a lot more potential than Lingard.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yep. I can't see Spurs wanting to spend much on Lingard, so I feel like getting Dele in return would be better option.

Almost impossible to fit him, poor form and seemingly low work rate but out of the two youngsters, Dele has a lot more potential than Lingard.
:lol:

I like Dele as a player, but I'm very skeptical whether he works in our team, especially with Pogba. We need more dynamic players who work tirelessly. He could play as a shadow striker, but that's where Bruno operates. Conceivably he could play as a false nine, as a different option to Martial. Not easy to fit him in.

No way Spurs would do a straight swap :cool:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The problem with Dele is, he isn't a midfielder, he isn't a forward and hes not a wide man, the Lingard link is odd I have no hate for him other than reading what some members on here think of him. Even if we do sell Dele the only positions us Spurs fans believe we need is a striker, a creative mid and possibly a CB. we have heard rumours of who the striker may be and a certain Benfica player or possibly players.
If Mourinho could get Lingard to play at the top of his ability, he'd do very well as the busy bee pivot just behind Bale, Kane and Son. Its a slightly different role to Bruno, as Lingard has better stamina and cardio and so could also track back as well.

I can see it working really well (assuming you get a resurgent version of Lingard, which I think you would as moving to London would be exciting for him).

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If Mourinho could get Lingard to play at the top of his ability, he'd do very well as the busy bee pivot just behind Bale, Kane and Son. Its a slightly different role to Bruno, as Lingard has better stamina and cardio and so could also track back as well.

I can see it working really well (assuming you get a resurgent version of Lingard, which I think you would as moving to London would be exciting for him).
I think after today, Kane will be a false 9, he vision and passing was insane.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think after today, Kane will be a false 9, he vision and passing was insane.
With bale and Son as wide forwards? And 3 midfield workhorses?

Then lingard makes no sense unless he is willing to come as squad depth.

dinostar77

In the really unlikely event that spurs want lingaard, id take Dele Ali plus pay Spurs a few million on top. Yes we are well stocked in Centee Mid, but theres nothing wrong with bringing in more quality and competition. Look at how well stocked city are in midfield. There bench is normally ridiculous in terms of the talent sitting there.

Ali can play off the striker, off the left and in midfield. So a useful number of positions. Good goalscoring record as well. Plus if what Mourinho said is true in the amazon documentary and fergie rates him then thats high praise.

We dont know if Pogba will be at the club next summer as hes not signed a new deal. If he leaves then we will be a midfielder down (though i think VDB was bought to replace him personally). Having Ali would help ease the burden on VDB and Fernandes if Pogna was to go.

Also (and i am all for ole staying in charge), if utd decided to replace ole, say with poch then we'd have a manager who could get the best out of Ali. There is a talented player there and many talented players have fallen foul of Mourinho and his methods.

GenZRed

He was always a bit overrated and people thought he was better than he actually was because of fantasy football and being youth. Don't forget that Lingard was still somewhat preferred over him even at his peak for England.
To be fair Dele Ali was quite good in the 2015/16 and 2016/17 season. That period of time is also when Jessie Lingard looked quite good, apart from that good spell he had under Mourinho the following season.

There was some substance to Ali being a quality player, but not so much anymore.

Pablo76

No question he’s a very decent player, as is Lingard. Both have played exceptionally well for their club and country and get far more stick on here than they actually deserve.

Something about Alli that I never liked but I’d take him on a swap deal or on loan and see how we can utilise him. I’m sure the spurs fans would say exactly the same about Lingard too.

A change of scenery and a fresh new start for both can’t be a bad thing.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
if he comes to united, atleast Glaston would agree to conclude the argument regarding who of Pogba and Alli is a better player.

hobbers

There'd be no point us signing him. Not with Pogba Bruno and VDB.

He's not a winger or a number 9.

Obviously if taking him was the only way to move Lingard on then I'd bite Spurs' hand off.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
There'd be no point us signing him. Not with Pogba Bruno and VDB.

He's not a winger or a number 9.

Obviously if taking him was the only way to move Lingard on then I'd bite Spurs' hand off.
No thanks

iKnowNothing

Going from Lingard to Dele Alli is such a sideways transfer (or probably a downgrade considering Lingard at least wants to be at United)

I don’t think the club should be interested in Dele transfer other than as a potential buyer for Lingard.

mu4c_20le

His only skill is to score goals, so if he's happy to be a squad option and chip in 5+ goals every year i'm fine with that. It's hard enough to sell players post covid, let alone actually getting someone to pay for lingard.

Scholsey2004

Like another poster said he's virtually a carbon copy of van de Beek. Same strengths and weaknesses. Poor passer of the ball generally but clever at finding space in and around the box to take a shot or lay it off for someone else to shoot. Unlike van de Beek however he seems to have a bit of an attitude. The only conceivable way we would need him is if Pogba left and Fernandes fell back into the #8 position leaving van de Beek as the only #10. As things stand that seems unlikely.

EwanI Ted

Personally I always rated Alli. He's gone off the boil in the last two seasons, but then lots of players had a bad season at Spurs last year, so that's a factor too. His career stats are about comparable with Rashford - 66 goals/50 assists in the last 5 seasons vs 67 goals/31 assists for Rashford in the same period. Granted Rashford's stats are getting better while his are getting worse, but still, it reinforces the point that there's half decent player there. I think with the right move he could get back on track again.

Woodzy

Like another poster said he's virtually a carbon copy of van de Beek. Same strengths and weaknesses. Poor passer of the ball generally but clever at finding space in and around the box to take a shot or lay it off for someone else to shoot. Unlike van de Beek however he seems to have a bit of an attitude. The only conceivable way we would need him is if Pogba left and Fernandes fell back into the #8 position leaving van de Beek as the only #10. As things stand that seems unlikely.
The thing is, if maybe we have an agreement for Pogba to leave next year (completely made up speculation on my part, but not against the realms of possibility) or even just expect him to leave, getting Dele Alli in now could solve a headache next summer. Especially so if Spurs do want Lingard and we can have a reasonable negotiation where fees don't need to be exchanged this season (loan with option to buy for both players for example).

Or you know, we could just get a proper central midfielder in instead.

DFreshKing

A goal or assist every other game over his premier league career. 3 years younger than Lingard who's a one in 5-6 games goal or assists if they need transport for the swap I am available 24/7 until 5th October.

Flexdegea

A goal or assist every other game over his premier league career. 3 years younger than Lingard who's a one in 5-6 games goal or assists if they need transport for the swap I am available 24/7 until 5th October.

Thats what I was thinking. He be 10 times more use as lingard at the moment on the attacking front.

Plus he is aggressive as well and the sort of c##t you need on the pitch sometimes.

I think he give us more options again up front and in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.