Dele Alli on the move? / signed for Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Web of Bissaka

fecking hell. When I read his comments I thought he must have lost the ball and then Stoke pretty much immediately scored because Spurs were so out of position. That went all the way back to the Stoke GK though! :lol:
This. When I first saw the interview "Oh Dele must've lost it at key risky area. No wonder..." Then watching the game "Eh, what? what? Just where and how?"

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Can't believe some people want this guy here. He's just a more expensive version of Lingard. Even Jose isn't fooled into playing him.
Come on, thats ridiculous. He scored 18 goals in his debut season for Spurs, which are nearly striker numbers.

Lindgard has had one purple patch under LvG and has looked like a Championship player the rest of the time. If Jose wants to bin him off we should keep our eyes on him.

Doracle

Alli played well last night. Blaming him for the equaliser was ridiculous. Yes, it wasn’t the best flick but he then put a tackle in and the ball went all the way back to the Stoke keeper and Spurs had plenty of time to reorganise. So so glad that Mourinho is no longer our manager.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
People said this about Muller. It's a bullshit take.
To be fair, Muller has reinvented himself once or twice in his career. Alli is at the stage where he needs to do that now. New manager/environment is step one, he’s going nowhere but down under Mourinho.

Himannv

Come on, thats ridiculous. He scored 18 goals in his debut season for Spurs, which are nearly striker numbers.

Lindgard has had one purple patch under LvG and has looked like a Championship player the rest of the time. If Jose wants to bin him off we should keep our eyes on him.
Why would we want him? We have Lingard.

Renegade

A loan to a team like Wolves/Southampton could see him light up again. I called him out a few seasons ago when he was hyped up. I said he wasn’t a midfielder and rather a second striker like you would regularly see in the early 2000’s. He has no place in a 433. A Germany move would be good for him too.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
His next move could be make or break for his career.

It’s not an easy decision at the best of times (see Eriksen), but it’s especially tough when you are a player with a very specific role like he has.

It needs to be the right team under the right coach or he could find himself in one of those bad lists in a few years.

United58

Reminds me of how people blamed Nani for the goal we conceded against Chelsea after he gave it away high up the pitch. Scapegoatism 101
He was blamed in the 2013 CL tie against Madrid for being sent off for nothing, too

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He was blamed in the 2013 CL tie against Madrid for being sent off for nothing, too
Pretty sure it was unanimous across this forum that it was never a red card.

Carl

Why would he swap the Spurs bench for ours?

Carl

That incident still riles me. We were robbed.
I'll never forget how angry and emotional Fergie was. Was a huge indicator that the rumours about him calling it a day at the end of the season were true.

Gerald G

And this was the reason :lol:
What?? :lol:

Mourinho is insane! He would hate Bruno in that case!

The ball literally went back to the Stoke goalkeeper and Tottenham were still in shape. Jose has actually got me feeling slightly sorry for Dele

United58

Pretty sure it was unanimous across this forum that it was never a red card.
I have no doubt; just in the media.

That incident still riles me. We were robbed.
Me too! I remember being sad looking back cause Ferguson would have known it was his last season at the time and as a result the sending off made him furious and affected his thinking (many said he should have made an earlier substitution to contain Modric). We we arguably the better team in the tie til that moment.

CM10

Alli needs a move, he has stagnated and it's clear Mourinho isn't a fan. Mourinho is still in too much of a honeymoon phase for Alli to wait it out as well.

The PSG links will probably step up again if Pochettino goes in as expected.

United58

The ball literally went back to the Stoke goalkeeper and Tottenham were still in shape. Jose has actually got me feeling slightly sorry for Dele
Bruno would be an outcast if Jose was still here and you know it :lol:

JohnnyKills

I'd love to see United make an opportunistic bid. Perfect backup for Bruno and he'd get loads of games. He's an upgrade on VdB as a 10 (although VdB is decent himself).

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Bruno would'nt have even been signed. Jose would've wanted some clogger in midfield.

Gerald G

I'd love to see United make an opportunistic bid. Perfect backup for Bruno and he'd get loads of games. He's an upgrade on VdB as a 10 (although VdB is decent himself).
I hear you but I just don't think it's needed while VdB is here. If he hadn't signed, then I would be all for it. Young, English and homegrown but yeah I don't think we will be involved.

JohnnyKills

I hear you but I just don't think it's needed while VdB is here. If he hadn't signed, then I would be all for it. Young, English and homegrown but yeah I don't think we will be involved.
Yeah probably not. And VdB isn't a bad option at all. Just think Dele is better when he's on form.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Hes the kind of player a club with no PL winning ambition would sing. Pass

dinostar77

He needs to plan his next move carefully as people have said already. French league is easier than PL, La Liga and Serie A. A good place to get among the goals. But as others have said it has to be the right system for him. Hes shadow striker/10 at his best. A fully confident Ali is a good player.

Fergie rated him highly as he told Mourinho to buy Ali when mourinho came to Utd. No space at Utd for him though.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Poch to PSG would make this a lot more likely...

Oldyella

Hes been crap for far longer than Jose has been at spurs. Cant believe people actually want to sign him.

Irrational.

Jose tried ostracising N’Dombele but he turned it around, bent to Jose’s will and proved him wrong.

His next victim is clearly Dele, and he now has a ready made scapegoat in the eventuality that things go tits up, which they inevitably will.

Varun1

Surely even Jose can't blame that goal on Dele - I think he's trying to push Dele to step up, similar to what he tried with Ndombele. Not a method that I like and I hope it backfires.

Status
Not open for further replies.