Dele Alli on the move? / signed for Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mourinho is such a wanker :lol:

I'm so glad he's out of here, publicly alienating his players for what? he'll soon be labeling him a virus too.

Baneofthegame

Thought he’d tried a flick at the edge of his own box, ball goes all the way back to the keeper ffs.

pav1790

Come on, thats ridiculous. He scored 18 goals in his debut season for Spurs, which are nearly striker numbers.

Lindgard has had one purple patch under LvG and has looked like a Championship player the rest of the time. If Jose wants to bin him off we should keep our eyes on him.
It was Allis second season. Next season he scored 14 overall. Pretty good considering he assisted 17.

Since then for two seasons he’s put up numbers consistent with what you should get from a midfielder - and not good enough considering he’s that far up the pitch. His assists are down by a lot in those two seasons as well.

slyadams

The MK Dons have a sell on clause, would be hugely impactful to a lower league club in these times to get a % of a big money move.

Adam-Utd

Just needlessly turning players against him. Really can’t see the rationale behind comments of that nature
It's like he tries to change them behind the scenes, and if it doesn't work or they don't obey then he trashes them publicly until they either improve or give up and quit.

Some you can get a tune out of, others will fight back. There's no surprise that's why he only ever lasts 2-3 years at once place at a time.

diawl_coch

I can see this happening.

He could do a job on the right wing, and arrogance is a quality that Utd players need. Big fish in a big pond.

Swap deal for Lingard?

el3mel

Why are people concentrating all the talk on this ball? As far as I'm concerned Alli has been consistently crap for about 2 years now. He had a small period of form after Poch was sacked and Mourinho took on but he then became crap again shortly after. This ball in this match is hardly the issue with him, really. He just doesn't look like he's interested in football anymore.

I don't think another big club in England will take any chance with him once he leaves. His next club will be in Italy or something most probably. The slow intensity nature of Serie A might suit him at the current stage.

It all seems like the same with Eriksen. Levy probably thinks now he made a mistake of not cashing on both of them earlier.

Last edited:

Web of Bissaka

Ya I remember that quite well, his form dropped after it too, and it was undeserved - he had just scored the 3-2 goal, he lost it near their corner flag, and the Chelsea attack amounted to nothing till an awful tackle in the box.
Thing is, Nani here clearly did it again and again, not just in games and also in trainings from what SAF here said. The fact is Nani doesn't listen to SAF, and this time it costed the team goals. So it's deserved. Else he's going to repeat it again. It's frustrating as a coach, when you have to kept on reminding your players to do this and that, it's like they have a thick head or intentionally refuse to listen and play more for himself.

Robertd0803

It's like he tries to change them behind the scenes, and if it doesn't work or they don't obey then he trashes them publicly until they either improve or give up and quit.

Some you can get a tune out of, others will fight back. There's no surprise that's why he only ever lasts 2-3 years at once place at a time.
Was Inter the only club Mourinho didnt publically bin any players? Or am I just forgetting someone?

Adam-Utd

Was Inter the only club Mourinho didnt publically bin any players? Or am I just forgetting someone?
That was pre Madrid mourinho so he wasn’t broken by that point.

its a bit too far back for me to remember to be honest.

NoPace

Why are people concentrating all the talk on this ball? As far as I'm concerned Alli has been consistently crap for about 2 years now. He had a small period of form after Poch was sacked and Mourinho took on but he then became crap again shortly after. This ball in this match is hardly the issue with him, really. He just doesn't look like he's interested in football anymore.

I don't think another big club in England will take any chance with him once he leaves. His next club will be in Italy or something most probably. The slow intensity nature of Serie A might suit him at the current stage.

It all seems like the same with Eriksen. Levy probably thinks now he made a mistake of not cashing on both of them earlier.
He'd walk into the Arsenal team as a 10 for me, but presumably that won't happen, so yeah it's Everton, Leicester if they go back to 4 at the back (Maddison narrow left, Alli as the 10, Barnes on the right I guess though he's probably better on the right so this isn't a great fit, and you probably want Maddison centrally), Wolves (with Jimenez out he could play in a front 2 with Podence or just be their #10 when they), Villa (2 of him, Barkley and McGinn as their CMs in front of Luiz with Grealish and Traore on the wings is very promising and they have money to spend) or probably abroad.

I wonder if he'd be better as a false 9 type, he really does look average to me as a midfielder but very very good in the box, as he's got really good strength and composure. Maybe Barca or Atletico would go for him as a cheaper attacking option til the end of the year. He sort of fits the model of attackers that Atalanta like (tall, play infield and score goals and leave the width to the wing-backs) but they just bought their long-term fits from Russia, though Gomez might move on and Ilicic is old and who knows if they think Malikovski and Miranchuk are up to it.

Okey

Isn't Poch gonna take him to PSG? Am extra attacking midfielder sure wouldn't hurt them.

united for life

i wouldn’t compare Alli to Eriksen. The latter was actually good when he left. Alli on the other hand seems to be lost. He probably peaked already. I still see him as someone who can still perform in the premier league, but probably at midtable team

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
PSG would be perfect for him, good life in Paris especially with his character will suit perfectly for Paris lifestyle and playing in Ligue 1 which much easier league and good to bring back confidence. Beside, PSG needs bit of attacking mid.

tomaldinho1

He's a decent AM but I feel like he was built up as this great player and he really only had what, one or two standout seasons? He'd be a solid backup to Bruno here when Pogba leaves but I think he'll want to start and end up going somewhere like Everton or WHUM.

Trequarista10

? Has something happened
He played well against Marine, from the 8th tier of the football pyramid.

Seriously though he is a talented player, should move to a side/manager that will endulge him and build a team around him. Not many top sides play with proper number 10s currently though, and the few that do probably have better options.

el3mel

He played well against Marine, from the 8th tier of the football pyramid.

Seriously though he is a talented player, should move to a side/manager that will endulge him and build a team around him. Not many top sides play with proper number 10s currently though, and the few that do probably have better options.
Building a team around Dele Alli ? I can't imagine this going anywhere except it being a disaster.

Trequarista10

Building a team around Dele Alli ? I can't imagine this going anywhere except it being a disaster.
Really? There's probably at least 10 PL sides that would love to build a team around Dele Alli, and a fair few more in other leagues.

It's the age old dilemna of what to do with those talented players who don't have the work rate or defensive abilities to be anything but a luxury player. We have one or two of our own even. In the right setup however they can flourish.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
You don't build a team around a player unless they're Ronaldo / Messi quality.

Building a team around Alli is frankly ludicrous

el3mel

Really? There's probably at least 10 PL sides that would love to build a team around Dele Alli, and a fair few more in other leagues.

It's the age old dilemna of what to do with those talented players who don't have the work rate or defensive abilities to be anything but a luxury player. We have one or two of our own even. In the right setup however they can flourish.
He's not THAT good to build an entire team around him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surprised Inter don't want him given their stockpiling of prem outcasts, could send Eriksen back to Spurs for rest of the season in loan swap.

Still think PSG makes plenty of sense for both parties.

tayside red

Dele looked OK yesterday, but then again he should have, he did go through phases in the game where he just couldn't be bothered, and strutted his stuff a bit
I hope someone rescues his career before that abomination JM destroys & stifles the creative ability the boy does posses
JM seems to like bullying the odd player, I'm sure it's done to deflect attention away from other things he does at clubs, hopefully Spurs will be his last Rodeo

Brad2020

Pochenttino wants him, Deli Ali wants to go....and after the way Mourinho has been treating him, I would want to leave to.

L1nk

Bargain for Everton if they can get him playing to his level again?

Status
Not open for further replies.