Deleted thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
i made a thread congratulating our rivals in the football forum, and it was deleted. It wasn’t a WUM thread, it was a genuine magnanimous opinion, and representative of a more evolved mindset on rivalry.

Why was it deleted? Seems ridiculously small time and pathetic to not even be able to express a normal opinion on a forum. Is this RAWK now?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Well, I’m not at home frothing at the mouth like half the fans.

It’s just a really juvenile move to delete a thread because you don’t like the content. But I guess that’s how low we are sinking now.

Castia

It’s just a really juvenile move to delete a thread because you don’t like the content. But I guess that’s how low we are sinking now.
Go make an account on RAWK and congratulate them

This isn’t the place

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Are you feeling OK?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Apparently I’m already on RAWK. Censorship: check, Bitterness: check. Small time mentality: check.
There's an easy solution, request a permanent ban.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It was pretty silly to congratulate Liverpool but it's even worse to delete the thread

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Are you feeling OK?
Mate, honestly I’m good. My brother is a Liverpool fan, and I’ve had to live through him celebrating in my face. Instead of being bitter, it actually felt healthy to say congratulations, and move on in a healthy way. There isn’t anything wrong with acknowledging someone else’s success.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

It was pretty silly to congratulate Liverpool but it's even worse to delete the thread
Deleting threads isn't sinking low. It's a part of moderating the forum.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
PM them individually if you're so desperate to show them your non frothing mouth.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Even if people didn’t agree with the opinion, there was absolutely nothing wrong with what I said. It just wasn’t popular.

cyberman

Such an enlightened fan. The sportmanslike behavuour will be an inspiration for the club moving forward.

Raw

Why bother though? Do you want to look classy or something? Just congratulate actual Liverpool fans if you want to do it so badly!

Skills

Snitch
PM them individually if you're so desperate to show them your non frothing mouth.
This. Why the feck do you want to make a thread congratulating Liverpool fans on a place where its going to be seen by mostly United fans, especially right after the final when most Liverpool fans will be out there getting pissed. What's the point? Who's it aimed at?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
  1. Your thread Congratulations Liverpool was deleted. Reason: feck off
    Today at 22:12
I got there first you twat!

I’m pretty sure @golden_blunder deleted that shit.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
What rule did the thread OP broke then ?
It’s obvious I didn’t break any rules. It was just an extremely unpopular thing to say. Which I get.

People tend to forget that Fergie would be the first to call his fiercest rivals to offer congratulations. Because winners don’t get bitter in the face of defeat. They get even, and then ahead. Bitterness is a sign of weakness and insecurity.

I was really upset when Liverpool won. Especially having a Liverpool supporting brother. But Christ, if we can’t hold our hands up and say well done, and then go off and do better ourselves; we aren’t ever getting back to the top. IMO.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
In any case @simonhch just stick to MMA my friend. Some good fights coming up.. we can cradle ourself there. It’s our safe space. :(

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
But Christ, if we can’t hold our hands up and say well done, and then go off and do better ourselves; we aren’t ever getting back to the top. IMO.
What the feck does that have to do with our team improving :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It’s obvious I didn’t break any rules. It was just an extremely unpopular thing to say. Which I get.

People tend to forget that Fergie would be the first to call his fiercest rivals to offer congratulations. Because winners don’t get bitter in the face of defeat. They get even, and then ahead. Bitterness is a sign of weakness and insecurity.

I was really upset when Liverpool won. Especially having a Liverpool supporting brother. But Christ, if we can’t hold our hands up and say well done, and then go off and do better ourselves; we aren’t ever getting back to the top. IMO.
You don't have to break any rules to have a thread deleted. We delete and edit threads and posts all the time when we see undesirable content. In this case, a congratulations to Liverpool FC for winning the Champions League thread on a Man United board met the undesirable content standard.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I made a thread on a Man Utd forum masturbating over Liverpool and I am confused why you deleted it?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
I made a thread on a Man Utd forum masturbating over Liverpool and I am confused why you deleted it?
I didn’t masturbate over Liverpool, I acknowledged their success, and said let’s let this spur us on, rather than drive us to bitterness. Oooh, controversial.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Don't think there was any need for this to be deleted . Having said that all the congratulations could go to the match thread anyway and a separate thread wasn't required anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.