Demarai Gray

Bogga

Found a thread about him that was locked so I thought I'd start a new one... (duuh)

Can't say I've seen much of him, especially since I don't watch Leicester that much. But from the two games when we've met Leicester in the league I've been quite impressed from him. Seems to have pace, technique and aren't afraid to challenge.

Has he just been good in the games when we've met Leicester or have he gotten some time on the pitch in other games and been utter crap?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I went to bump the other thread yesterday too. He's Leicester's most dangerous player every time i see him on the pitch for them. I don't get why they don't play him more?

He'd possibly be the English player I'd bring in if given the choice, i think there's obvious potential there.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I went to bump the other thread yesterday too. He's Leicester's most dangerous player every time i see him on the pitch for them. I don't get why they don't play him more?

He'd possibly be the English player I'd bring in if given the choice, i think there's obvious potential there.
Yeah I don't get it either. He always looks threatening whenever I see him (not that much admitidly, but still) and yet he's made 5 starts this season...

Wittmann45

Yeah, he seems to offer more then Musa and Okazaki, but I've only seen Leicester twice

There was a cutting edge to his play that Leicester had last year but few of their other players seem to provide anymore, like Mahrez

Flying_Heckfish

Yeah he does seem an exciting, direct player.

Moving to Leicester seemed a good choice at the time, but I'm not sure precisely why he isn't getting more opportunities - it can't be the form of the other Leicester players as they are all slumping.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I like the look of him, hopefully Leicester loan him out so he can play consistently. Has a lot more to him than the typical English winger, I think he could go on to be a very good player. Hope we keep our eye on him for the future.

Nickosaur

I made a comment in his last thread that his end product is appalling. Mind you, that was on the back of the 3-0 defeat to Southampton, but he would constantly get in good positions only to balloon a shot or cross over the bar.

In terms of his trickery and directness he looks a threat but I'd want to see far more evidence of his ability to deliver a killer pass, cross or shot.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Would he be worth a punt? Or could he turn out like Zaha. Could potentially be very decent.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
He's a fantastic player.

He won't be a Leicester next season, that's for sure.

ti vu

I made a comment in his last thread that his end product is appalling. Mind you, that was on the back of the 3-0 defeat to Southampton, but he would constantly get in good positions only to balloon a shot or cross over the bar.

In terms of his trickery and directness he looks a threat but I'd want to see far more evidence of his ability to deliver a killer pass, cross or shot.
Sound like Welbeck mk II minus workrate defensively

Last edited:

drdoityourself

Marc Albrighton has been preferred most of the time. Now Musa has had chances as well.
Albrighton must be silently dominating the games I've seen. He has scored 0 goals and registered 1 assist in 17 starts, 3 subs in the PL this season. Apart from the Everton cup game Musa hasn't impressed me either.
So Gray doesn't seem to get a fair run in the side, his rivals for the spot have not played well.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think there's potential there. Looks like he's played in the league for longer than he actually has.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I like the look of him, but as of right now, he reminds me a bit of Zaha from a few years ago. Physically he is good, and always looks a threat, but the actual end product is definitely lacking. He definitely needs to start contributing before top 6 clubs look at him. Being English means he will cost a fair bit of wedge, so there definitely needs to be something about him other than speed and dribbling.

Robbie Boy

He has some good attributes as in he's fast, direct and seems to have a-bit of skill. He is clearly lacking end product though and I doubt he's ever going to be anything more than a decent PL player.

Ady87

Looked brilliant as a sub every time he came on last season. Still looks good now, should get more game time. Not seen the goal yet.

Have now, top goal.

WhoDaGOAT

I like his directness. He needs to add goals to his game.

But when he does score, they're always quality. That finish against us was something else.

I think he can become a good PL player like Redmond.

Devil81

I think he's got a pretty high ceiling, I fully expect someone to take punt on him sooner rather than later.

Sylar

He seems to be their best player normally, cos of his directness when he plays.
He was Leicesters bright spark in the two games against United.
Against Chelsea in the league cup, he was their best player, went off and Chelsea turned it around (iirc)

The goal tonight surprised me though cos of his strength. Saying that, hes only 20 so can get better, but it will be interesting to see how hes used, what decisions he makes etc. Obviously coaching is another part.

Tapori

He is marked on for Liverpool IMO, but I feel Pochettino could do wonders for him.

Plenty of natural talent, needs game time and better tactical awareness. if he can show he can learn when to attack and pick the right pass/option with his natural dribbling style, he could make a very fine player.

Still early days. He has to want to be the best and develop.

Utdstar01

A good talent and a bargain buy for Leicester for 3 mil from Birmingham city. He would be a good buy for us as a squad option for now, would be a better option than Lingard.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Once he improves his finishing and decision making he will be a top quality player, hopefully we have him and Chilwell on our left flank for many years

Robbie Boy

Watching him last night was a prime example of how he has talent mixed in with a-lot of decencies and aspects of his game that he needs to improve on.

Roeindo

Looked brilliant...shame he will end up at arsenal or spurs...cause i cant see JM buy an unfinished article...

prath92

like redmond i think he has the pace and tricks but less end product to match it.

Robbie Boy

like redmond i think he has the pace and tricks but less end product to match it.
I like Redmond too but much like Gray, he's severely lacking in end product at times. He's improved considerably and can cause teams serious problems but 4 goals and 1 assist this season in 30 odd games is a poor return. He should really have more than that but can be quite wasteful at times.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Gray's shooting is very good. Bit like a young Shauny Wright maybe? hopefully turns out better.

3KDré

Him and Redmond are two young Englishmen I think we need to get.