Demarai Gray

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He really has looked quite good on the few occasions when I've seen him. Loads of pace, great dribbling, and doesn't look like one of those straight line runners with the ball like Lennon or Walcott used to be when they were youngsters. Seems to have a lot of trickery and is capable of some great goals, though the end product is really inconsistent from what I hear. If he can get his decision making and final delivery to be consistent then he could turn into a really good winger, a proper winger, which is something that is really lacking these days outside of French players. Dembele and Kingsley Coman are the only 2 youngsters right now who play like proper wingers IMO, and Gray seems like the same type.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
He really has looked quite good on the few occasions when I've seen him. Loads of pace, great dribbling, and doesn't look like one of those straight line runners with the ball like Lennon or Walcott used to be when they were youngsters. Seems to have a lot of trickery and is capable of some great goals, though the end product is really inconsistent from what I hear. If he can get his decision making and final delivery to be consistent then he could turn into a really good winger, a proper winger, which is something that is really lacking these days outside of French players. Dembele and Kingsley Coman are the only 2 youngsters right now who play like proper wingers IMO, and Gray seems like the same type.
Doesn't he remind you a bit of a supporting Zaha?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Doesn't he remind you a bit of a supporting Zaha?
His technique looks like it's on a different level to what Zaha's ever was tbh. Zaha when we first got him always looked like he mostly just used his pace to get past players and was fairly predictable, rather then having really good tight dribbling and looked unpredictable when running with the ball. Gray seems like a player who when he's running with it can go down the outside or cut inside equally well and that makes a huge difference.

Irrational.

He comes across as a Spurs-type signing. He'd join them for £6.301 million, have a few decent performances and Levy would slap a £100 billion price tag on him and tie him to a new contract until 2050.

Moonwalker

Gray's shooting is very good. Bit like a young Shauny Wright maybe? hopefully turns out better.
Sounds about right. Haven't payed attention recently, but last season he looked mediocre at best.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
From the little I've seen of him, I find it bizarre that he hasn't got more game time this season. He makes things happen. Lacking consistency, I suppose, luxury player, all the usual tags but he frightens the bejaysus out of full-backs when he runs at them. Looks to me to have more in his locker than the likes of Zaha. He could dig them out of the hole they're in.

Smudge

I think he is developing nicely maybe not in terms of immediate impact but he seems the type that will continually want to improve.

Definitely has built up more from last season and probably needs to have a bit more confidence on the ball and wanting to receive the ball against top opposition which will no doubt come from regular game time.

Has all the tools and could be a steal at what Leicester paid in todays market

Tapori

This is key; both Redmond, Gray and Zaha are not simply pace merchants.

I think Redmond really has to show he can use his dribbling at the right times and play better tactically and improve his passing accuracy and range; All 3 should look at Robben, with Gray possibly being Taller so looking towards Bale and Ronaldo as to what can be achieved with hard work.

Talent wise they are both very good but to get to Elite level will be very challenging.

As United Fans we love a good old-fashioned crazy dribbling winger; Mourinho wants that little bit better winger who can drift in and also who can shore up the midfield defensively.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Him and Redmond are two young Englishmen I think we need to get.
I like Redmond but something about him just makes me think, he'll never quite have that football brain to make the most of his talent. Gray comes across as pretty smart, I feel like he relies less on his physical attributes and tries to outthink opponents. I'd wager he'll be a better goalscorer too once he matures.

PoTMS

My mate's a huge Birmingham City fan and he wasn't too fussed when he left them for Leicester a couple of seasons back - for a pittance at that, for a guy that was as hyped up as he was. I was quite shocked as his talent is obvious.

Litch

He's a great talent and maybe a young Nani at times. I thint the Man Utd of old, he'd def get on our radar but the way we sent up now, you need to be more than just a tricky winger.....

Zoo

He has impressed me more then Zaha ever did. Leicester picked him up at a bargain price, Ranieri really should use him more.

Needham

Looks fundamentally lightweight. would take blood, sweat and tears to panelbeat him into usable condition.

dogwithabone

I've posted about Gray before, it's an absolute mystery to me how this lad doesn't start for Leicester. He looked one of their most dangerous players last season whenever he came on and the few times I've seen him this season he's been just as good.

There must be issues somewhere along the line but his talent is wasted being a bit part footballer at a club languishing around the relegation zone. He looks a much more threatening player than the likes of Zaha or Depay ever have.

Utdstar01

My mate's a huge Birmingham City fan and he wasn't too fussed when he left them for Leicester a couple of seasons back - for a pittance at that, for a guy that was as hyped up as he was. I was quite shocked as his talent is obvious.
I can understand why your mate probably wasn't that bothered at the time because when he arrived at Leicester he didn't look as though he was ready for the PL yet but he's made some rapid progression and seems to make an impact in most games he plays now. Promising.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What happened to him at Leverkusen? He's simply a player who hasn't played much at all last few years. Just bench warming at Leicester last 2-3 seasons so would've thought that would've been good environment for him, counter attacking team and fresh start so guess he didn't settle. Wasn't starting much but came on as a sub a few times.

Interesting they're offering Leon Bailey to prem clubs aswell for 25-30m, would love us to sign him.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Rodgers would be a much better manager for him than Rafa and he couldn't get anything from him, guaranteed he'll score against us though

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
What happened to him at Leverkusen? He's simply a player who hasn't played much at all last few years. Just bench warming at Leicester last 2-3 seasons so would've thought that would've been good environment for him, counter attacking team and fresh start so guess he didn't settle. Wasn't starting much but came on as a sub a few times.

Interesting they're offering Leon Bailey to prem clubs aswell for 25-30m, would love us to sign him.
One of those typical EPL imports that wasn't good enough to cut it in the Bundesliga ;) We should only go for Bundesliga proven players in the future. Jokes aside, he wasn't really good for us. He had some nice scenes but didn't go beyond that. We signed him because we were in desperate need of depth on the wings (Diaby and Bailey played almost every game) but under the new manager who has a different system in mind he might compete with more than just those two (Paulinho, Wirtz, Amiri, Demirbay) and many of them are simply better than him as it seems. We also made a profit of €1m on him after just half a year. Pretty decent.

We're also not a counter attacking team - before Bosz was sacked we had one of the highest average possessions in all European top leagues, usually >60%. Our DoF also mentioned multiple times that he sees that as our future identity since lots of possession would make it easier to develop young players.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Doesn’t sound like he really built on his early promise. Might just end up a winger of Townsends level, respectable but not great.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Ah, Everton. Where once-promising wingers go to die.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Rafa improved Ayoze Perez. Rafa will improve this guy
Newcastle also signed likes of Christian Atsu and Kenedy who didn't do much at all when they went to the prem.

That's the big weakness of Rafa at top level imo, always goes for quantity over quality for wide positions. Look at all the mediocre ones he signed in his 6 years at Liverpool.

SungSam7

Newcastle also signed likes of Christian Atsu and Kenedy who didn't do much at all when they went to the prem.

That's the big weakness of Rafa at top level imo, always goes for quantity over quality for wide positions. Look at all the mediocre ones he signed in his 6 years at Liverpool.
To be fair, Kenedy was pretty useful in his first season for Newcastle. However, id agree he signed some amount of rubbish, you could count on 1 hand the amount of quality he did sign.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This guy is an example of how a wrong move can waste so much talent. He’s in his mid 20s right now so can still forge a very good career and not all hope is lost but I can’t help but feel when watching him for us this season that he could have been a phenomenal winger/Salah type wide forward player for someone if he was managed better in his earlier career.

Walters_19_MuFc

Having a very good season to date. There's always been a player in there. Nice to see him doing it on a more consistent basis now, though. Guess it helps that he's playing more often, too. Fantastic goal tonight.

IrishRedDevil

Tasty little player. I always liked him from his time at Leicester, not sure how he ended up at Leverkusen. Signing of the season by Rafa.