Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I remember reading somewhere a while back (around the time of pogba ravel etc youth team) that himself and rashford were the two highest rated players in the youth setup below u 18 . It's funny how he may end up a left back but I know that happens more and more nowadays. He looks a good prospet for that position and there's certainly an opening in the squad...

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Man, it feels good to have a proper left-back for once. He was great on the ball, great touch and close control.

mu4c_20le

Man, it feels good to have a proper left-back for once. He was great on the ball, great touch and close control.
He's a converted winger. I actually thought he'd been released awhile back, but who knows, he could become the next Evra.

Arka_BleedingRed

Mightily impressed by this guy. Defensively good,positional sense good, good in the air, searing pace and composure and superb going forward. Has done his chances in the first team next year no harm by today's performance. He should at least be the first back up in the left back position.

Cristiano_RAFC

He's a converted winger. I actually thought he'd been released awhile back, but who knows, he could become the next Evra.
I didn't want to mention him at first because it's early to draw any conclusions obviously, but I have to admit that I too was reminded of Evra when watching this kid play today.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Reminds me of Rafael in the way he played.

Add a tiny bit more muscle and experience and he could be solid LB.

Manny

Grammar Police
Was really looking forward to seeing him and he didn't disappoint.

Seemed very assured and composed in everything he did.

bleedred

He used to play as a winger when I watched in play couple of years back. Had very good pace back then , but has been setback by injuries recently.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Reminds me of Rafael in the way he played.

Add a tiny bit more muscle and experience and he could be solid LB.
Exactly, his style is very similar to Rafael.

Devil may care

Very impressive debut from the lad, pace and tenacity going forward and decent positionally as well, Zaha got not change out of him.

bleedred

So you think he's slow now? He looked pretty fast to me. The way he shields the ball reminds me a little of Evra.
Nah, I didnt mean that. I meant to say he would have been promoted earlier but injuries set him back.

M Bison

Supports
York City
No reason why he shouldn't be playing next season. At 20 he's certainly old enough and based on today, he looks to have the ability.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Promote him to the first team squad next season. We need a left-back who isn't useless in attack.

khoazany

Nah, I didnt mean that. I meant to say he would have been promoted earlier but injuries set him back.
A shame. Him and Rashford were supposed to be our main attacking threat in the U18s that season but they actually didn't play together since Rashford was injured when Mitchell played and when Rashford's back Mitchell was out for the season.

3KDré

Hope he and Shaw battle it out for the LB spot next season.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
All our problems this season in this position and we could have given this lad a run out:lol:

Honestly, I hope he keeps improving. Was very impressive.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Such has been the state of our left backs this season, that a young winger who just converted to fullback this season has just put in one of the best left back performances this season and that too when he was against Zaha.
Agreed 100%.
I do hope Jose persists with him, like he has with Rashford.
Shaw and Darmian really aren't good enough to play as our LB. Darmian is a good option if we need a highly defensive player, but for most of the team, Mitchell should be given a chance.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Hope he and Shaw battle it out for the LB spot next season.
Based on the last 3 seasons, Shaw won't be battling anybody for the LB position.
I think he needs to move to a lesser club where he can regain his form, without being scrutinised. Jose will want to win the title next season, so if Shaw thought this season was tough, next season Jose won't be taking any prisoners and will call Shaw out, if he has any poor performances.

Alabaster Codify7

Seems a really good prospect, solid game from him. Looking forward to seeing more of him next season, hopefully.

Sylar

Hope he gets more minutes for us next season (league cup, etc). Much rather see him there than seniors "out of position" when needed.

Dazzmondo

Thought he was excellent today. Genuinely, the best left back performance of the season. Of course, much of the reason for that was due to the poor performance of Palace but even so, he really couldn't have done any better imo. CBJ and Mitchell would be solid backups for lb, with Darmian being able to play both full back roles. Shaw will be moved on if we can find somebody who will agree to buy him, so signing a good first choice lb would improve the team greatly going into the new season. Well done to Mitchell on taking his chance.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Was lucky enough to sit a few meters away from him. That boy showed some real promise, I don't worry as much for decent backup option if we were to get in a proper left back and let go of shaw/darmian.

Status
Not open for further replies.