Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickosaur

He was class today. He should be around the first team squad next year. I wouldn't even risk putting him in another club's hands on loan, he should be given game time here.
Yeah - look at CBJ. Had a half dozen really good games here, goes to Wolves and it all goes to shit.

Web of Bissaka

Beat me to it.

Wow performance.

Initially, I don't think he's that good at LB after knowing he's a converted winger to LB, and was expecting him to struggle defensively against CPalace.

Nope, none of that happens and instead he dominated the left side :eek: so good when attacking ~ quick, decisive, pass well, combine well, skillful, dribbles, past players after another, keep possession well, good crosses, strong drive to attack, overlappings, and so good at defending ~ cover the LB area well, good tackles, good headings, balance, tough, uses his pace and athleticism very well in defending.

Well, Jones and the midfielders help him a lot tbh, still impressive though, and CPalace often attacks our right side.

Great promising performance.

SteveW

Impressive considering he's still really really new to left back. Changing position has given him a chance here.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He was class today. He should be around the first team squad next year. I wouldn't even risk putting him in another club's hands on loan, he should be given game time here.
The EPL clubs and most Championship clubs are too rich to bother giving game time to our kids just for the sake of it. If we cant afford giving him regular first team football then we should sell him on cheap with a minimum fee attached to it. That would act as an incentive to him to do better + it acts as an incentive for those clubs to play them as they can make some decent profit out of it.

MAME DIOUF 32

Another to add to the list of players who should get a shot at left back ahead of Darmian.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was apparently seen arguing with Darmian after the match and shouted "get out my club"

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Weird how he was good at defending here but is usually pretty shit at defending in the U23s.

3KDré

Yeah, a young valencia. Similar qualities too. Very, very quick with seemingly a good engine.im gonna stick my neck out and say hes our next left back.
Hold your horses it's been one appearance.

Not that I wouldn't absolutely love it. It's about time we started attacking well from the left.

Scholsey2004

Hold your horses it's been one appearance.

Not that I wouldn't absolutely love it. It's about time we started attacking well from the left.
Thats why i said 'ill stick my neck out'. He's got proper pace though. I think he could take shaws place in the squad and push on from there.

RedMaestro

Great performance. Loved his long pass to Rooney. Hopefully he'll be in Mourinho's plans for next season.

Dante

Average bang
He was no more impressive than CBJ was at times last season.

It was a good performance for what it was, but it's impossible to draw any realistic conclusions from a match like that. It was barely Premier League standard. The lad needs a loan.

beergod

He was no more impressive than CBJ was at times last season.

It was a good performance for what it was, but it's impossible to draw any realistic conclusions from a match like that. It was barely Premier League standard. The lad needs a loan.
A season of regular football against adults is what he needs more than a place on the periphery of our squad. Especially with him recently moving to LB.

Learning a new position and bridging the gap between youth football at the level expected of a Manchester United player is putting to much pressure on any youth player. Rashford was an extreme outlier.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
loaning him would be comfortably the worst decision possible, another club wouldnt be patient with him to learn the position and most teams that would want to take him most likely prefer style of play that doesnt suit him.
Keep him at the club, let him learn position with U23 and give him minutes with the seniors when we need an attacking outlet on the left-back.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Does anyone see him keeping to the left back position or going back to the wing like Bale?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The EPL clubs and most Championship clubs are too rich to bother giving game time to our kids just for the sake of it. If we cant afford giving him regular first team football then we should sell him on cheap with a minimum fee attached to it. That would act as an incentive to him to do better + it acts as an incentive for those clubs to play them as they can make some decent profit out of it.
Yeah this approach has worked well for other clubs in certain situations and may be something we should look at doing ourselves with some of our youngsters.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Good showing. Happy for him. He's really taking to the LB role.

It's just a bad joke (referencing Eastenders).
Oh my, I didn't realise it was an Eastenders joke. That's terribly brilliant! :D

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Does anyone see him keeping to the left back position or going back to the wing like Bale?
I don't see him as a winger. But that was the most Marceloesque left back performance we've seen from a United full back since Evra and it was a breath of fresh air.

It is the direction we need to take with our full back positions if we want to convert draws into wins and compete with the best.

Even if it isn't Demi who ends up as the answer, it confirms to me that Darmian and Shaw are not the long term answer and need to be replaced.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can't ask for a better debut as a LB, hopefully he'll get more chances in the future to impress.
This plus being one game we need to take that into context also but we looked better balanced as opposed to whenever we have had Blind or Darmain there at any one game in this season.

Lentwood

The lad played really well but we need to be a little careful

CBJ always looked like a good player to me and he can't get a game for Wolves

We do really need an U23 side playing in the Championship like they do in Spain. Would be so good for Englsh football because for me the Loan system does nothing for players

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)

We do really need an U23 side playing in the Championship like they do in Spain. Would be so good for Englsh football because for me the Loan system does nothing for players
It has worked wonders for Ajax as well with the Reserves in the Jupiler League. But championship seems too prestigious to me, still some big clubs with big fanbases in there.

Womp

idiot

I agree we need some sort of reserve league, but loan systems can do well if it's to the right club. Seems to be doing wonders for Pereira, whereas did nothing for Januzaj, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.