Demetri Mitchell image 35

Demetri Mitchell England flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidders

He scored a lovely free-kick for the U-23's v Leicester and generally looked a threat going forward, still not convinced of his defensive abilities and I would say he is a long way from being our first choice left back, In fact I would say he'll revert back to being LM or LW at some point.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He scored a lovely free-kick for the U-23's v Leicester and generally looked a threat going forward, still not convinced of his defensive abilities and I would say he is a long way from being our first choice left back, In fact I would say he'll revert back to being LM or LW at some point.
I was annoyed to see him converted to a defender in the first place. He was one of the more gifted and exciting forward talents we had (when he could stay fit), and then all of a sudden, he starts playing in defence. Made the reserves less worth watching for me, as he was one of the forward players who would usually make me watch a game.

Kidders

I was annoyed to see him converted to a defender in the first place. He was one of the more gifted and exciting forward talents we had (when he could stay fit), and then all of a sudden, he starts playing in defence. Made the reserves less worth watching for me, as he was one of the forward players who would usually make me watch a game.
I agree totally, maybe it's a move to make him more defensively aware (Jose likes a player to work back) before moving him forward again ?

WhoDaGOAT

Modern full-backs are very attack minded and are used to provide superiorities out wide, as well as providing width.

I see a Marcelo/Rose/Alaba type defender in him if he continued to develop.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
His development stalled with his injuries and he was hardly a stand out any more as a winger. A talented attacking player like that is a dime a dozen. A good attacking fullback is much easier to have a successful career as he doesn't even really need to be that good at defending, just some what decent. Its a smart move for his career.

Ashley R1+O

I've been watching the reserves on MUTV and he's been killing it playing at left back. That FK against Leicester was fantastic and there were a couple of times he dribbled out of the back literally through 5 or 6 Leicester players. Of course the senior setup is a big step up but I think he was coming along very nicely. Great brain and great speed on and off the ball.

Rossa

I've been watching the reserves on MUTV and he's been killing it playing at left back. That FK against Leicester was fantastic and there were a couple of times he dribbled out of the back literally through 5 or 6 Leicester players. Of course the senior setup is a big step up but I think he was coming along very nicely. Great brain and great speed on and off the ball.
So a young Evra, is what you are saying?

Arka_BleedingRed

Everywhere has him listed as over 6ft. Does however look much shorter
He is definitely shorter than the likes of Lingard, Mkhi and even Harrop. Check out his photos from our Pre-season, he is so much shorter than Herrera and Martial who are about 6 ft.

Scholsey2004

Surely he's good enough to take darmians place in the squad? His pace is tremendous.

yardieUnited

the kid is interesting, I could see him switch flanks and play at the right wing. the way he moves and dribbles, it looks so easy. could be dangerous player if he developed right

Classical Mechanic

the kid is interesting, I could see him switch flanks and play at the right wing. the way he moves and dribbles, it looks so easy. could be dangerous player if he developed right
He was a winger for most of his youth career, only converted to a full back later on. He was very highly rated as a winger when he was younger too.

Loublaze

ATLien
He was a winger for most of his youth career, only converted to a full back later on. He was very highly rated as a winger when he was younger too.
He even played as a number 9 a few times didn't he? Due to lack of personnel in that department.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Can see why as well, his pace is electric. Wonder if he'll get some game time here next season or we might give him another 6 months on loan. I was extremely impressed with his debut against Palace, albeit in a dead rubber game.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Did get 14 games for England U17. I can’t think of many Man Utd-products with more games at that age for the national team?

Web of Bissaka

Good loan spell. I like his 'bite' style of play i.e. that gutsy hunger in both attacking and defending as if he's fearless and doesn't fear injuries. Doesn't seem to mind making 50-50 challenge/crunching tackle. Constantly moving and decisive.

Classical Mechanic

Did get 14 games for England U17. I can’t think of many Man Utd-products with more games at that age for the national team?
Not in recent times certainly, only Gomes I can think of. It was a really good age group too. They won the u17s Euros with him in the squad and that set of players went on to win the u20 World Cup last summer. He lost his way a little truth be told but he was a very exciting young player back then.

From his twitter.

Last edited:

SteveW

Feck. Such bad luck. And thats probably it for his chances at united.
Usually injuries at such a young age restrict players a lot from reaching their potential.
It's a couple of months. It will have zero effect on his future. If the club rate him it won't come down to this one loan. Lingard spent years on various loans before making it

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
It's a couple of months. It will have zero effect on his future. If the club rate him it won't come down to this one loan. Lingard spent years on various loans before making it
Lol yeah, I really don't get those posts. He's gonna miss a handful games and will get another loan next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.