Demetri Mitchell

Tony Clifton

What's the status of Demetri Mitchell?

Still injured after his injury whilst on loan at Hearts last season? Can't find information about his current season, not on Squawka nor on Transfermarkt.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/demetri-mitchell/verletzungen/spieler/258886
Not sure what to make of the injury information listed either.

Mitchell shouldn't be behind Williams in the pecking order for a call-up, unless he's fallen off the path completely. Regardless of Williams' performances, really.

Mitchell at left back for the senior side seemed like promising idea just a few seasons ago, as the talent is/was clearly there, but needed development and polishing, especially defensively.

What's up?

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Jesus Christ, the kid is 22! It feels like no time had passed since he was this amazingly skilful 15 y.o.

MrBrightside1989

Get him on loan, in fairness he was decent for hearts before his injury but will never be a Man Utd starter. Williams emergence means he has no hope of getting a first team appearance.
loan for the rest of the season and then free transfer at the end of the season.

RedDevilRoshi

Get him on loan, in fairness he was decent for hearts before his injury but will never be a Man Utd starter. Williams emergence means he has no hope of getting a first team appearance.
loan for the rest of the season and then free transfer at the end of the season.
This.

He was excellent in his first loan spell there in season 17/18. Last season, however he was nowhere near as good as his 1st loan spell there and eventually got dropped due to a number of poor performances and then picked up this nasty injury.

Think a loan move with a view to a permanent free transfer is probably best for all parties.

Mickson

I think there's a player in there. I rate him as a good player. It will be interesting to see where he ends up now in January.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Jesus has he been embalmed or something?

NYAS

Serious question, is that even possible to do naturally without steroids or similar? Can someone really look like that just after using regular weights in a home gym for a period of time?

I’ve got a home gym and I’d love to achieve half those results by the end of this pandemic :lol:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Serious question, is that even possible to do naturally without steroids or similar? Can someone really look like that just after using regular weights in a home gym for a period of time?

I’ve got a home gym and I’d love to achieve half those results by the end of this pandemic :lol:
Yes, he doesn’t even look that big there. And that’s obviously not what he really looks like. A post work out picture with good lighting and angle can make basically anyone look absolutely jacked.
Some people just naturally have high vascularity too.

Results take a long time though so by the end of the lockdown you’ll notice nothing. Stick at it though and combined with a good diet and camera trickery and you could look the same in a couple years time.

NYAS

Yes, he doesn’t even look that big there. And that’s obviously not what he really looks like. A post work out picture with good lighting and angle can make basically anyone look absolutely jacked.

Results take a long time though so by the end of the lockdown you’ll notice nothing. Stick at it though and combined with a good diet and camera trickery and you could look the same in a couple years time.
Thanks. I don’t want to look like that, his arms look disgusting but if that takes a couple of years then I’m sure I’ll be delighted enough by the end of the first year. :)

macheda14

Depends where you’re starting from. If you are slightly over weight you can see results quite quickly. It’s when you are relatively in shape and trying to get like that picture that it takes ages. Or you do the Rob McElhenney from its always sunny and:
‘Look, it’s not that hard. All you need to do is lift weights six days a week, stop drinking alcohol, don’t eat anything after 7pm, don’t eat any carbs or sugar at all, in fact just don’t eat anything you like, get the personal trainer from Magic Mike, sleep nine hours a night, run three miles a day, and have a studio pay for the whole thing over a six to seven month span. I don’t know why everyone’s not doing this. It’s a super realistic lifestyle and an appropriate body image to compare oneself to.’

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Encouraging for his longer-term development as his main weakness at Hearts was that he looked a little lightweight and relatively easily bullied in the boisterous Scottish Premiership.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
On trial at Sunderland. I think if he remains injury free, then he can be a very good championship player atleast.

spenzo

Wouldn't be a bad move for him at all. Meant to post this the other day, he went on Kenji Gorre's podcast for a chat. Not the best audio but an interesting listen all the same. On both Apple Music and Spotify I believe.