Gaming Demon’s Souls (PS5 Exclusive)

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
My experience is skewed because dark souls was my first game, but I think I found Anor Londo and some other parts of Dark Souls to be way more annoying. The archers and O&S gave me so much hell.

Thinking about it, it's a good idea to give the series a rest. I'm really looking forward to Elden Ring and From's take on open world games.
Them archers of Anor Lando can go fecking die

Woodzy

Finding this difficult, not going to lie. I can get to Tower Knight boss but can’t touch him atm.

Bosws87

Finding this difficult, not going to lie. I can get to Tower Knight boss but can’t touch him atm.
really simple boss just sprint and stick behind him, just make sure you clear the archers first,

i’m getting destroyed by the mind flayers in the prison :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I got him from above with soul arrows. Just found a nice spot and rolled away from his own attack.

That's also a really good farming spot when you've beat him. Just respawn there and kill both the blue eyed knights and archers behind you for 1000+ souls every time.

macheda14

Finally completed it last night
There are no difficulty levels. But magic is pretty much easy mode in the first three Souls games. Start as a Royal, and you'll breeze through the early parts.
Yeah I kind of feel I cheated towards the end of the game. I started as a knight and then about halfway through started putting all my souls into magic and then got the 'firestorm' spell. Pretty much broke the game as I just had to hit bosses with it twice.

Siorac

Finally completed it last night

Yeah I kind of feel I cheated towards the end of the game. I started as a knight and then about halfway through started putting all my souls into magic and then got the 'firestorm' spell. Pretty much broke the game as I just had to hit bosses with it twice.
Firestorm is utterly, hilariously broken in Demon's Souls - apparently then they haven't toned it down for the remake either. It's a weapon of mass destruction, with literally no downside.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Firestorm is utterly, hilariously broken in Demon's Souls - apparently then they haven't toned it down for the remake either. It's a weapon of mass destruction, with literally no downside.
Can confirm, just beat Maneater boss with it. One shots each of them basically. Feel cheap as hell using it. Will probably do a 2nd playthrough at pure strength. Too bad I can't respec.

Shark

@NotShark
really simple boss just sprint and stick behind him, just make sure you clear the archers first,

i’m getting destroyed by the mind flayers in the prison :lol:
Upgrade your compound longbow and just snipe the bastards. Too risky taking them on up close unless using a good spear that gives you some distance at least.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
So what I thought was the adjudicator wasn't the adjudicator at all but I did best the real thing this morning. Easiest souls boss ever?

I must say the creature designs in this are outstanding. Is there an art book or something similar available?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Spent most of the night on Tower of Latria. My initial thoughts were "wow, this is creepy as feck. Incredible level design." After a couple of hours i had no idea where I was going. Managed to free the mage Freke(?) though before I quit and grabbed a rapid fire flame spell from him. Will go back for the boss later. Those mindflayers can be complete bastards if you don't stay at mid range.

Also had pure white tendency in the first world so was able to take a detour and kill Executioner Miranda and grab the loot.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Spent most of the night on Tower of Latria. My initial thoughts were "wow, this is creepy as feck. Incredible level design." After a couple of hours i had no idea where I was going. Managed to free the mage Freke(?) though before I quit and grabbed a rapid fire flame spell from him. Will go back for the boss later. Those mindflayers can be complete bastards if you don't stay at mid range.

Also had pure white tendency in the first world so was able to take a detour and kill Executioner Miranda and grab the loot.
I still don’t get how Tendency works. How do I get pure white or black?

I did Tower of Latria last night too, brilliantly designed level. I thought the gargoyles or whatever they are were fairly easy, and their AI was pretty dumb.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

I did Tower of Latria last night too, brilliantly designed level. I thought the gargoyles or whatever they are were fairly easy, and their AI was pretty dumb.
I know mine went black in the second world because I kept making myself human and dying repeatedly to flamelurker.

Not really sure what I did in the first world to get it pure white. Have beaten only the first 2 bosses there.

Siorac

Pure black is easy: just die a bunch of times in body form (full HP).

To move tendency towards pure white, kill bosses, black phantoms, and help other people as a phantom. Generally speaking, you will reach pure white in all worlds if you kill the bosses and never die in body form. The easiest way to achieve that is to simply go back to the Nexus after every boss kill - because killing a boss automatically makes you regain body form - and kill yourself there. Then you can safely go through the next level in soul form.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Pure black is easy: just die a bunch of times in body form (full HP).

To move tendency towards pure white, kill bosses, black phantoms, and help other people as a phantom. Generally speaking, you will reach pure white in all worlds if you kill the bosses and never die in body form. The easiest way to achieve that is to simply go back to the Nexus after every boss kill - because killing a boss automatically makes you regain body form - and kill yourself there. Then you can safely go through the next level in soul form.
How do I invade other worlds because whenever I go to use the stones I’m not able to?

Kaos

How much worse does the performance mode look than the native 4K mode? Naturally, I’d want to play this at 60fps, but I’ve also recently bought a gorgeous oled 4k tv so feel like I wouldn’t be doing it justice playing ‘only’ at upscaled 4k.

b82REZ

How much worse does the performance mode look than the native 4K mode? Naturally, I’d want to play this at 60fps, but I’ve also recently bought a gorgeous oled 4k tv so feel like I wouldn’t be doing it justice playing ‘only’ at upscaled 4k.
The difference is negligible. You'd have to zoom in on brick work to really notice. Watch Digital Foundry review on it. Also the game starts in performance mode unlike most other games, so take that as the devs telling you that's the optimal experience.

I've really started to make so headway on this game this weekend, albeit very slowly. I've not been trying to clear the worlds rather than gather equipment to help my magic build. Because I didn't pick Royal as my class I had to trade the crows for the ring. Getting though to the crows was an experience. Those rolling skellingtons are bustards to hit with spells.

Kaos

The difference is negligible. You'd have to zoom in on brick work to really notice. Watch Digital Foundry review on it. Also the game starts in performance mode unlike most other games, so take that as the devs telling you that's the optimal experience.

I've really started to make so headway on this game this weekend, albeit very slowly. I've not been trying to clear the worlds rather than gather equipment to help my magic build. Because I didn't pick Royal as my class I had to trade the crows for the ring. Getting though to the crows was an experience. Those rolling skellingtons are bustards to hit with spells.
Cheers thats reassuring, as a predominantly PC gamer, the thought of 30fps scares me a little :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Fools Idol (easy) and finally Flamelurker bit the dust today. That last one felt good. :)

I wanna level up this crescent falchion+1 but need dark moonstone apparently.