Gaming Demon’s Souls (PS5 Exclusive)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Is there a short cut back to Flamelurker?
Yeah. Involves dropping off ledges but once you know the way it's easy.

From the spawn point - Go down the tunnel and turn right though another tunnel past the troll miner things (there's 2 that will kill your with a pickaxe so be careful). Smash through the boxes on the right side and drop down the ledges all the way to the bottom. Go through the tunnel and turn right to the fog door.

Last edited:

Irwin99

Does the game have more of a story or at least a different way of telling a story than Dark Souls? Or is it just the same?

I recently bought Dark Souls remastered for the PS4 and i'm getting into a bit and i'm tempted to get this when I eventually buy the PS5.

sport2793

Got this game as part of a bundle and I'm finding the combat system somewhat hard to get used to coming from Shadow of Mordor/War and Assassins Creed. It just feels clunky with slow responsiveness, is it supposed to work that way?

sport2793

Got this game as part of a bundle and I'm finding the combat system somewhat hard to get used to coming from Shadow of Mordor/War and Assassins Creed. It just feels clunky with slow responsiveness, is it supposed to work that way?
Never mind, my issue was input lag, console doesn't turn it on automatically like xbox one x!

Bosws87

Got my ass handed to me by the flamelurker need to respec my gear for fire resistance before i give it the second try, should be easy then.

So far i've found the bosses incredibly easy especially when you can spend 10 minutes farming 50 half crescents in the first world.

b82REZ

Made some headway this weekend and feel like I've finally broke through the early frustrations.

Got narrowly beat by Flamelurker last night so will beat him this evening (thanks for the shortcut @CassiusClaymore)

The Prison confuses the hell out of me though. I believe I have to beat a boss there to unlock the rest of Boletaria but I get lost and always seem to end up back at the starting archstone.

Magic really is easy mode and I intend to start a strength build at some point (which is how I've always played other Souls games).

The more I play this the more next gen it feels. IMO it also has the best use of the haptic in any game

Bosws87

Made some headway this weekend and feel like I've finally broke through the early frustrations.

Got narrowly beat by Flamelurker last night so will beat him this evening (thanks for the shortcut @CassiusClaymore)

The Prison confuses the hell out of me though. I believe I have to beat a boss there to unlock the rest of Boletaria but I get lost and always seem to end up back at the starting archstone.

Magic really is easy mode and I intend to start a strength build at some point (which is how I've always played other Souls games).

The more I play this the more next gen it feels. IMO it also has the best use of the haptic in any game
Prison just head down wherever possible the first part anyway, i haven't done anymore in the prison since finishing the first boss.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

I agree. So glad I dived in at launch just to play this. Loving every minute of it. The graphics, sound design, atmosphere is just off the charts for me. Can't wait to grab an hour or two on it when I can.

Went into the valley of defilement for the first time last night and killed the boss on the first attempt. Still think the Tower of Latria shades it so far for creepiness but that was quite intense too.

Went back to the boss in 2-3 after and got pounded but I think I know what I have to do. Just need to improve my timing.

Last edited:

Siorac

You have to kill an Archdemon for that - so the final boss of any world, doesn't matter which one. If you're at Flamelurker, you're almost done with world 2 so 1-3 will open up.

You need to collect keys and look for staircases in Tower of Latria.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Entire second arch stone complete and set free Biorr and Yuria the witch tonight.

Thought I'd fecked up when I heard Ostravia asking for help at the gate and by the time it was open he was gone but after going back to the Nexus and checking again he was hanging out further ahead thankfully.

Absolutely loving this at the moment. I think it's now my favourite Souls game and I reckon I've still got 50% to do.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Took out Man-eater on the 3rd attempt.

Wasn't even him that got me. I kept rolling off the goddamn platform :lol:

Anything with heights in video games and I'm a mess. Proper sweaty palms. Mario 64 killed me back in the day too.

Bosws87

I'm doing it in some random order but i did flamelurker and dragon god this morning and just about to try man-eater.

About to hit the soft cap of strength and vit, so will go to endurance next i think.

Kaos

I'm staring at my copy of the game which has arrived before my PS5 :lol:

Really excited to get into it, only played Bloodborne and the first Dark Souls (neither of which I've finished I'm afraid to admit). Hoping this is the first soulsborne game I see to the end.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Ok so 4-2 is the first level to start to piss me off.

Also attempted the boss fight after Man-eater. I won't spoil it but it was pretty fun. Just lost out this time but I'll be back with provisions.

Last edited:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I’m 10 demons down. I am following a guide and have used summons for 3 of them so far.

It’s a great game though, I think the Prison level is one of the best from any souls game, it’s amazingly good

b82REZ

I’m 10 demons down. I am following a guide and have used summons for 3 of them so far.

It’s a great game though, I think the Prison level is one of the best from any souls game, it’s amazingly good
I agree.

The scenery when you reach Upper Latria is breath taking.

I've just beat Leech Monster after putting off Valley of Defilement for as long as possible. He's insultingly easy. Although I'm really not looking forward to trekking around a poison swamp to get through the next area.

I'm still yet to go to world 5 apart from an early game run to trade with the crows, I haven't even attempted it.

Bosws87

Just killed the penetrator, skipped maneater for now cos its buggy as shit.

Got 7 bosses left and 4 days till cyberpunk!

Made hardwork of it mind :lol:

Last edited:

Bosws87

Completed it, just in time for cyberpunk.

excellent game from start to finish thought the majority of the bosses were a lot easier but a few frustrating ones!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Haven't been able to get summoned once yet and was really trying in Latria yesterday.

Smashed through the second level of the Valley of Defilement last night. Wasn't that bad with plenty of poison resistance and the usual caution. The boss was a piece of piss as well thankfully.

Just 5-3, 4-2, 4-3, 1-3 & 1-4 left, I guess in that order.

I got the insanity catalyst but it doesn't look like I'll have time to level up intelligence enough to make use of it. Maybe NG+

Woodzy

So apparently, the reason I might have been struggling with Tower Knight is because it's not the recommended area to go after beating Phalanx? :lol:

Siorac

So apparently, the reason I might have been struggling with Tower Knight is because it's not the recommended area to go after beating Phalanx? :lol:
I think the "natural" progression is that you go on after Phalanx, beat the Tower Knight and then the game tells you that you can't go any further without defeating an archdemon.

Once you know its trick, the Tower Knight is easy at any level.

Woodzy

I think the "natural" progression is that you go on after Phalanx, beat the Tower Knight and then the game tells you that you can't go any further without defeating an archdemon.

Once you know its trick, the Tower Knight is easy at any level.
Best I managed was about 50% health, but I also used most of my healing items so couldn't be bothered to have another bash after that,

Bosws87

How does co-op work with a password is it limited to being within 10 levels of the person like the invading?

For power leveling the monolith forest is incredible with the storm breaker and the souls ring can easily rack up 100k souls in 5/10 minutes.

b82REZ

How does co-op work with a password is it limited to being within 10 levels of the person like the invading?

For power leveling the monolith forest is incredible with the storm breaker and the souls ring can easily rack up 100k souls in 5/10 minutes.
I was looking into this to help get different world tendencies. From what I can gather you can join any level player if they summon you, you can't invade people lower than you for PvP.

Shark

@NotShark
That maneater boss is a complete mess for me :lol: either fall off the edge or his green blast destroys me from one of his doubles. Very intense

Bosws87

That maneater boss is a complete mess for me :lol: either fall off the edge or his green blast destroys me from one of his doubles. Very intense
Was the hardest boss for me i found using the thief ring to stop the second from aggroing* on to you and sticking as close to the fog as possible was the best method

Shark

@NotShark
Was the hardest boss for me i found using the thief ring to stop the second from aggroing* on to you and sticking as close to the fog as possible was the best method
Cheers. Where do I aquire that thief ring? Maybe I have it

Siorac

Cheers. Where do I aquire that thief ring? Maybe I have it
There are two in the game: the easier one to get is right next to where you first encounter Ostrava in 1-1 (Boletarian Palace).

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I've got double of so many rings. Seems overkill at times, especially when I trek half way across the swamp in Valley of Defilement to grab the damn thing. "ooh shiny" - 10 mins later "ffs this again!"

Re: Maneater. I found circling him on the middle platform quite useful. Oh and killing him before his twin appears obvs. Reminded me of the Bell Tower Gargoyle fight in Dark Souls. Spotted quite a few similarities on my play through so far which is understandable with this being the pre-cursor after all.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Insert generic dark narrow hard to navigate map surrounded by poison everywhere.
Hmmm I meant more with the boss fights.

Man-eater/Gargoyles, Tower Knight/Iron Gollum, Maiden Astria/Sif etc....

They link the whole together better in Dark Souls but I kind of like the Nexus in this and the way each world has its own vibe.

4-2 can feck off though. Really annoying me now.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
And finished. What. A. Game. Superb ending, superb soundtrack. Probably the best looking game I've ever played too. Straight into NG+ I feel (maybe a week to cool off).

Shark

@NotShark
And finished. What. A. Game. Superb ending, superb soundtrack. Probably the best looking game I've ever played too. Straight into NG+ I feel (maybe a week to cool off).
Also finished it just last night. Incredible game. Music at the end was something else, think it's called "return to slumber".

However I completely whimped put for king allant and summoned for help. Was my first ever Souls game was was delighted to even get to that point.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Also finished it just last night. Incredible game. Music at the end was something else, think it's called "return to slumber".

However I completely whimped put for king allant and summoned for help. Was my first ever Souls game was was delighted to even get to that point.
Nice. Already past the phalanx on NG+. Annoyingly I didn't clock that I'd lose all my keys so the one I got from Ostrava for the Mausoleum is gone now until the end game once again. Noob :rolleyes:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Trying to platinum this. It really gets confusing at times with the white and black tenancy

I just after turning all worlds white to pick up rings and now have to turn them black to get more rings

I ended up downloading discord to find folks to help me change the world’s

Still a long way to go and I’ve already put 40 odd hours into it. It was the only soulsbourne/sekiro/nioh game I hadn’t played, but I must say it’s up there with the best of them.

Siorac

Trying to platinum this. It really gets confusing at times with the white and black tenancy

I just after turning all worlds white to pick up rings and now have to turn them black to get more rings

I ended up downloading discord to find folks to help me change the world’s

Still a long way to go and I’ve already put 40 odd hours into it. It was the only soulsbourne/sekiro/nioh game I hadn’t played, but I must say it’s up there with the best of them.
Quick thing, and maybe you know this but just in case: you don't need others to turn a world black, just die a bunch of times in body form (full HP). Stones of Ephemeral Eyes are your friends.

Siorac

They've changed Maiden Astraea's theme :(

The new one isn't bad but I wish you could switch back to the original. It's so iconic.

Kaos

This does seem easier than the others soulsborne games, especially the bosses - most of them have predictably telegraphed attacks. I also see that the old tactic of sticking to their butt and abusing i-frames still works wonders.

Magic seems ridiculously overpowered though, so I'm going full strength build for the rest of the game.