Gaming Demon’s Souls (PS5 Exclusive)

Raw

I don't get it. It says "Not available on other consoles for a limited time. Also available on PC". Yet right above it says PlayStation Exclusive. Surely someone fecked up somewhere? :lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I don't get it. It says "Not available on other consoles for a limited time. Also available on PC". Yet right above it says PlayStation Exclusive. Surely someone fecked up somewhere? :lol:
It's exclusive for a limited period. Think Sony have done this with a few games (I'd imagine FF16 will come to Xbox eventually).

Raw

It's exclusive for a limited period. Think Sony have done this with a few games (I'd imagine FF16 will come to Xbox eventually).
But it's developed by Sony themselves is it not? Why would they ever release it on Xbox?

Bojan11

It’s not coming out on Xbox. It says in the credits made by Sony Japan. They helped port the game.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Visually intriguing, I want to see what the rolling skellies look like, but I played the original into the ground and I doubt I could take another playthrough without significant additional content. Might check out bits of a letsplay.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
They just made the video private. Is it because of PC version message?

So it's exclusive

Last edited:

Raw

I knew it'd be a mistake. Maaaaybe we'll see it coming to PC (but it'll be quite a while). Then again Bloodborne is made by the same people and there's nothing about that going to PC.

The idea of it going on other consoles was obviously a mistake yet fanboys went crazy over it :lol:

Definitely looking forward to this though! Never played the original and I heard nothing but good things about it.

Red_Aaron

No doubt heavily influenced by nostalgia but this remains my favourite souls game. Was so exciting getting the import and blindly working out the mechanics as I went.

Looks gorgeous, can't wait to play it - flamelurker and I have unfinished business

Siorac

This game gives me a horrible dilemma. I was going to wait until the PS5 was on sale and upgrade my PC instead.

But now... I want this so bad. And of course it comes out at the same fecking time as Cyberpunk.

Siorac

@Bojan11 it's Demon's Souls not Demon Soul can you edit the thread title please.
Yes, please.

Also it's kind of unintentionally symbolic of its quirky, janky nicheness that it's called Demon's Souls which is a bitch to pronounce, instead of the much more sensible "Demon Souls", which would still perfectly encapsulate what the game is about.

Bojan11

Yes, please.

Also it's kind of unintentionally symbolic of its quirky, janky nicheness that it's called Demon's Souls which is a bitch to pronounce, instead of the much more sensible "Demon Souls", which would still perfectly encapsulate what the game is about.
I will do it for you. You got lucky this time Elvis. Was going to get a pretty please out of you.

Siorac

I hope there will be PS5 + Demon's Souls bundles available.

EwanI Ted

I love this game, but it’ll be interesting to see how people who havent played it before respond to it, and how much they see fit to change. Its much gloomier and slower than the later souls games, to point of being quite drab for the most part. Some of the bosses are just poor, so I hope they change those. Ill also be interested to see if they move the crescent falchion and if they get rid of the need for grass farming too.

Siorac

I love this game, but it’ll be interesting to see how people who havent played it before respond to it, and how much they see fit to change. Its much gloomier and slower than the later souls games, to point of being quite drab for the most part. Some of the bosses are just poor, so I hope they change those. Ill also be interested to see if they move the crescent falchion and if they get rid of the need for grass farming too.
Judging from everything we've seen so far, I don't expect any substantial gameplay changes. The one I'm holding out some hope for is simplifying the upgrade paths. Those are a nightmare in the game, especially with some top-tier materials being completely RNG - looking at you, Pure Bladestone and Pure Darkmoonstone.

The gameplay isn't any slower than Dark Souls and that one is still insanely popular. Judging from the gameplay trailer, there's no substantial change to the pace.

b82REZ

Admittedly my memories of the original are vague at best, but the whole gameplay seemed much quicker in the trailer last night. That could have been done for entertainment purposes because slashing dozens of enemies quickly is more exciting than slowly circling them with your shield raised. My only real concern comes from some of combat animations. If they've added those to jazz it up a bit it will seriously impact gameplay.

EwanI Ted

Judging from everything we've seen so far, I don't expect any substantial gameplay changes. The one I'm holding out some hope for is simplifying the upgrade paths. Those are a nightmare in the game, especially with some top-tier materials being completely RNG - looking at you, Pure Bladestone and Pure Darkmoonstone.

The gameplay isn't any slower than Dark Souls and that one is still insanely popular. Judging from the gameplay trailer, there's no substantial change to the pace.
I suppose I dont mean slower in the sense of running speed. Its more that in demon souls there's only 5 worlds and each level in them is pretty similar in terms of environment and play style. Dark Souls on the other hand has about two dozen locations and you seem to move from place to place much more rapidly. If there's an area you dont like (ie Blighttown) then its over before you know it and you're on to something else. In Dark Souls if there's an area you dont like (ie valley of defilement) you're there for ages.

Siorac

I suppose I dont mean slower in the sense of running speed. Its more that in demon souls there's only 5 worlds and each level in them is pretty similar in terms of environment and play style. Dark Souls on the other hand has about two dozen locations and you seem to move from place to place much more rapidly. If there's an area you dont like (ie Blighttown) then its over before you know it and you're on to something else. In Dark Souls if there's an area you dont like (ie valley of defilement) you're there for ages.
I disagree with that actually, because in Dark Souls it's very much possible to get stuck in a location. For example, if you're coming from the Depths to Blighttown and sit at the first Blighttown bonfire. If you're a bit shit at the game, you might find that you can't get back to the Depths and you can't get down to the next bonfire. And even if you can get back to the Depths, it's a whole lot of backtracking to try a different area that doesn't kick your arse that much.

In comparison, in Demon's Souls you just get back to the Nexus and choose a different archstone. Boom, done, you can try your luck elsewhere.

EwanI Ted

I disagree with that actually, because in Dark Souls it's very much possible to get stuck in a location. For example, if you're coming from the Depths to Blighttown and sit at the first Blighttown bonfire. If you're a bit shit at the game, you might find that you can't get back to the Depths and you can't get down to the next bonfire. And even if you can get back to the Depths, it's a whole lot of backtracking to try a different area that doesn't kick your arse that much.

In comparison, in Demon's Souls you just get back to the Nexus and choose a different archstone. Boom, done, you can try your luck elsewhere.
Well, you can get stuck and frustrated in any souls game, it comes with the territory, that’s not what I mean. Rather that your sense of progress is enhanced by the fact that each area is shorter and the areas are more diverse. You move from place to place more rapidly.

Bosws87

Looks fantastic, glad i never played the original one properly, best launch game for the next gen consoles (especially if you haven't played it before)

Bojan11

The PlayStation 5 launch title will offer a performance mode that presents a dynamic 4K and 60fps experience, a cinematic mode that's 4K 30fps and a bunch of filters that will make the game look like the PS3 original, among other options.
What mode you going for @esmufc07?

Bojan11

what’s the difference between dynamic and cinematic 4K?

I’ll probably opt for 60fps as I don’t think I’ve played a game at 60fps before.
Wait what?

Dynamic is when the resolution changes depending on what’s going on in the screen. I would obviously still recommend that because who wants to play cinematic in a souls game.

Bosws87

what’s the difference between dynamic and cinematic 4K?

I’ll probably opt for 60fps as I don’t think I’ve played a game at 60fps before.
Apex, Cod are 60 fps on consoles must of at least played them once :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Chat with the creative director. At 20:00 mins in they talk about using the haptics. Seems like there is a mirror mode as well which is handy for people who have played it before and want to be surprised.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Absolutely disgraceful remaster. They actually made it much worse!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think I'm going to give this a go at some point next year. Does looks fun and could be a good entry into the soulsborne series. I'll wait for a sale though as I have no idea if i'll like it.